Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newleaf

mold in apartment/physical pain

I have some mold in my apartment.
On the windows, on walls by air conditioners, bathroom ceiling etc.
I remove it and it comes back.
I have notified the building super and they will come in to help soon.
A friend who visited is very concerned about it causing health problems.
She is saying to move.

I had some unexplained physical pain today all over my body that I have not had in a long time.

Don't know if these 2 things are related?
Thank you!

From my understanding about mold is there is a certain type of mold that causes physical problems. My cousin has mold in her bathroom due to poor circulation in there (no windows and a bad fan system) and she doesn't have any problems. She called the Department of Consumer Affairs and located a building inspector and he said that it wasn't toxic mold. I'm not sure, but I can only go by what he told her.

You have to be careful. I do know that there is toxic mold and it can cause health problems. Don't allow your mind to play games with you either. The fact that your friend is concerned and told you to leave and now you are having pains in your body could just be your fear manifesting. You should call your local Deparment of Consumer Affairs or look them up online for your state and see if you can get some information. Your apartment supervisor may not want you to know that it is toxic mold so you have to bring someone on the outside to determine whether it is or not.

I'll be praying for you.

She may of inadvertently cursed you.
I wouldn't be to concerned with the mold.
There are over 800 different types of black mold, and only 8 are toxic.
Still keep killing it.

The big boss and men were here this am and seem willing to fix things-giving us new flooring in 2 rooms,cleaned mold off walls and bathroom however he said it wasnt mold?
I asked if it could be in the walls the man said no. Hopefully he is right.I am feeling better about this and just asking God for peace if the problem is finished or no peace if I have to look further-like opening up a wall.

This may be completely unrelated but I have had some pain also not sure why possibly not sleeping really well? my 3 year old is in our bed most nights and I sleep like a pretzel!

Hey Just did check your air condition...it might need to be cleaned... check the coils I know because I had this issue I just moved and they are coming to clean mine... Mold comes from mostiture...Black mold is the worst one... if I were you do your research then come from there.