~Date told me I was too fat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

~Date told me I was too fat

Post by SheBelieves on Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:04 pm

Early this morning I had this really vivid dream... it really upset me.

I was dating a man who was (or just looked like) Mark Harmon, the actor. Gorgeous, built, etc. We were having fun, a few dates. We went out to dinner at this nice restaurant. When I went to the bathroom and came back to the table, he was gone. There was a typewriter on the table and he had typed me a note. "You are really a nice woman and I like you alot. But God crafted these two hands of mine to hold a sculpted beautiful woman, not one who is fat and lumpy. I am sorry."

Then I woke up.

SheBelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~Date told me I was too fat

Post by Halo on Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:28 pm

She~Belives, Well,,,,Praise the Lord!!!!!! The Lord gave you notice of a document like that of Paul who wrote 2/3rds. of the bible.....meaning this, the enemy has been lying to you about you!!!! this is done through a report of a spiritual act called depression/oppression, entertainment the enemy............NOT. for you see, to be fat, means to be fat with the word. The enemy is having a lot of fun out you, use the fat WORD on him concerning these things. The Lord has prepared a table before you in thy presence of thine enemys.....Amen~

Feast on the Word of God, and put him on the go,
Halo

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SheBelieves on Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:12 pm

But the truth is, I am fat! I gained a lot of weight in the past few years. God has been telling me to lose the weight so I would be healthy and feel better - I have been sick a lot. I repent and start to lose weight, but I always stop because the process is so slow and discouraging.

I read once that seeing a typed letter was symbolic of an "official report or notice".

Perhaps it is God telling me one more time?

SheBelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:56 pm

Honey~ Even thou you may be a heavy-set lady, and i too agree that it is not healthy for one because of high-blood pressure, chlorestrol, etc. for whatever the case may be....The Lord will not discourage you mentaly or tell you that you are fat!!! but what what he will do is show you a more excellent way and therefore encourage you and help obtain a healthy mind along the way. The enemy has been dating you mentally. The official notice was God letting you know as to what the Devil is doing to you. God is not an opporessor, he is a LIFTER-UPPER, physical and mentally. You be healthy mentally on your way to success, and encourage yourself in the Lord, Amen~ and pay the enemy no mind.

Halo

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:34 am

I agree with Halo. God is not going to beat you down like that...He's NOT a condemning God. This could have been a "soulish" dream. The fact that you have been trying to lose weight and have been discouraged may have caused you to be consumed with it in your mind and THIS dream came out of it.

When God helps you, he doesn't go to the physical first, he goes straight to the inward. He deals with the root problem to why you've gained weight. That's what I've been trying to yell from the mountains for a LONG TIME...stop trying to lose weight cosmetically and go to the spiritual root so it can be a permanant weight loss. God loves you "Shebelieves"...He really does. Don't let this dream cause you to think that God has to stoop THIS LOW to get you to lose weight. He would NEVER do that!!!

Blessings!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:27 am

Cholette, what your saying goes right over the head of most people, I am just beggining to get a grasp on it myself.
This would be a good to put in the teaching area, I would love to hear what God has shown you.

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SheBelieves on Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:57 am

I was slim most all my life. I started to gain weight after a trauma that happened to me several years ago. The trauma broke down my immune, adrenal and hormonal systems. That opened me up to sickness and weight gain. Add to that, menopause. It has been a VERY humiliating time for me.

The root for me is two-fold and I have been seeking healing fom the Lord for ages, yet it doesn't seem to come:
1. God was there when I was almost murdered, and let it happen
2. God has been here seeing the despair from illness and the emotional pain

He hasn't seen fit to reach down to help me. So it is hard to really believe He loves me anymore. Even an earthly father would do all he could to help. He wouldn't just stand afar, watching his daughter in pain. He would DO something! He would FIX it!

Everone says "when you step out in the natural, God will put His super on it". I do that. But, I never feel or see Him stepping in. I feel like a wounded lamb way out in the back forty that the shepherd has forgotten about - or worse, doesn't deem worthy to seek out and help.

SheBelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:39 am

for all that you have been through. I feel your words and I know what you are feeling, but let me allow you to see it from another perspective.

1. You were ALMOST murdered and BECAUSE God was there, you are STILL here.
2. God has been there seeing the despair from illness and the emotional pain, YET, you are STILL in your right mind.

The sermon in church today was about this. We blame God for the bad things that happen in this world and in our lives. Jesus did ALL that He is going to do. He took your illness and emotional pain to the cross already. The responsibility is up to you...us...to understand and GRAB a hold to what He has done and walk in it. It's a finished work Shebelieves and whether you believe God loves you or not, He still does. He loves you with an unconditional love...he says in Romans 8 that NOTHING will separate you from that love. It lasts forever, even when we go astray.

I believe once you get back to the place where you KNOW that he loves you, your perspective will change and you will begin to see where God has been there all along and HAS done things to show you his love. The devil has lied to you sweety...he really has. I'm going to lift you up in prayer tonight in my prayer group...you need a refreshing and a touch from the Lord. When you let go of ALL of the pain, the weight will drop off.

True Flight...thank you. God has called me to the overweight people. He has given me something to set the captives free and it's not about surgery or a diet...it's a revelation.

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadams on Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:12 pm

I also agree that God wouldn't say those words to you.

Cholette, you always have the right things to say about God and his love. Your life has so much fruit and I'm grateful to know you and you being my friend. I can't wait for God to release you to the world with this word to "set the captives free". This world needs that word because they have gone crazy with the weightloss potions that are out there. I agree with True Flight, I would love to hear what you have to say about this topic. I still have some post birth weight to lose...

Jadams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SheBelieves on Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:16 pm

"it's a revelation"

Exactly!

A revelation has to come from God - through the Holy Spirit.

I have BEGGED Him, prayed, pleaded, fasted, had hands laid, done nothing, you name it, for Him to reveal it to me and He hasn't.

I can believe He loves me because the word says so - but until HE HIMSELF does it it won't register. The longer He goes without telling/showing me, the worse the shame, humiliation and defectiveness is.

It also doesn't give me ANY comfort to know that God prevented me from being murdered. The man who almost did it was the husband I thought God had given me. "Here sweetie, here's the mate you have prayed for for years!" and then *whammo*, he tries to kill me and the marriage is over.

If God really loved me, He would answer my cries for help. He would take away the pain and fix it for me. He would make the journey a little bit easier. He would answer my prayer for healing.

How can one believe in something/someone if the promises that something/someone makes never come to pass?

SheBelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Okay, Shebelieves...I'm sorry you feel this way. I will pray for you.

God bless!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SheBelieves on Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:23 pm

So much for being a dream interp site. :(

SheBelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:01 pm

Help me understand what you are looking for. We told you that your dream was NOT something God would say to you, but because you have this wrong perception of who God is, you see him differently than I do. I'm sorry that you have gone through what you have gone though, but let me say this...if I told you that at the age of 9 I was raped by two men...molested at ages younger than that...homeless with a newborn at the age of 23...would that help you see that I know exactly where you are coming from? I get it...I really do. All I'm trying to help you see is that it's EASY to blame God...I've been there and done that. I'm trying to help you to NOT go there in your mind because after going through that myself, I have realized that it was a lie that satan made me believe. It made my life MISERABLE. Someone had to come to me and tell me that God loved me. I had to know that by FAITH...

That's all I'm trying to get you to understand. I dont' wnat you to think that because this dream wasn't "interpreted" the way you wanted that it represents the whole site because, once again, that's the devils lie too.

Be blessed by sister in CHrist...I'm not mad nor am I trying to offend you. I WANT YOU TO GET THIS!! I want you to be happy and enjoy this life that God gave you. It's the DEVIL that did this to you. I can guarantee that you will have a ministry in this area...just like I do. God ALWAYS turns the evil that happens in our lives for the good, but you have to let him.

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Love's child on Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Shebelieves it is evident that right now you are struggling with whether or not God is a good God and you also have many questions about why God has allowed you to go through the things you have gone through.
I believe this series called the Balance between Grace and Faith can help answer some of the questions you have as well as birth the fruit of results in your life (i put the link at the end of this paragraph to the video series as well as the article). What you are dealing with right now is a stronghold. You have a mind set that is preventing you from receiving the love of God the way you so desire to. I pray God's bountiful blessings over you and that the truth of the word set you free. I ask that during this time EVERY THOUGHT that tries to exalt itself above the knowledge of God that you condemn it and bring it to the obedience of God's word. So if a thought that God doesn't love you comes to mind, don't even dwell on it but instead speak scriptures about how God does love you.

Here are the links of the teaching and articles:

Living in the Balance of Grace and Faith Series:
http://www.awmi.net/tv/2009/week42

You've already Got It Series:
http://www.awmi.net/tv/2006/week44

both of those series continue but you will have to click week 43 to continue the first series ect.

Here are some articles you can read right away that wont take up much time:
http://www.awmi.net/extra/article/living_balance

http://www.awmi.net/extra/article/already_got

God Bless you!!!

Love's child
Interpreter
Interpreter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:23 pm

Please know that what I say I say in love. I was so broken before the Lord and many times I felt unworthy and unwanted by man and God. Ya know I know what you mean cuz I am not the thinnest woman ever myself. I would not say fat. There is just more of me to love....LOL. I struggled with that also. The Lord told me to stop doing that because I am telling him his creation isn't good enough. We are wonderfully and perfectly made. We are his treasured possession. Perfectly created by him. He loves me more than my husband or anyone else possibly could....and if I am beautiful in his site.....no one's opinion matters. Be beautiful in the Lord and let the enemy suck big fat rotten eggs.

Remember this....free will is a gift by God. Because he loves humanity which he created then free will is a promise and he will not break the promise. That would make him a liar. When I was raped repeatedly for many years by not one man but by all of the ones I knew I asked the Lord some pretty pointed questions. I was like I am going go for it because I got nothing to lose by asking. The Lord told me that the same free will he gave to me he gave to others and that he had to respect their free will just like he respected mine. But he gave me the strength and the fortitude to endure it. Bad things happen to good people through no fault of their own. It stinks for sure, but God will not put you in it if he won't bring you through it. I am not telling you anything the Lord has not already spoken to you...you need only receive it. He does these things for us to grow in character and to grow us spiritually. Forgiveness toward the Lord is essential here because when these things happen in our lives we blame him for them. Forgive him and let his peace and his perfect will be done and he will honor you far above what you could hope or imagine.

I am praying for you.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:44 am

You have to believe that God is Soverign over ALL things!

What else are you going to believe if you don't believe that? Are you going to continue to believe the lies the enemy is feeding you? You have to believe God is in control no matter what it looks like, feels like, or tastes like. This is how to be Christ-centered and Christ-focused. See Jesus in everything. The enemy will beat you over the head with this same weapon (which is carnal) because he sees that it's tearing you down and causing you to doubt the power and authority of God.

The body of Christ is in warfare and we have to fight back like never before. We have to use the weapons (which are NOT carnal but are mighty to the pulling down of strongholds) God has given us. We have the word of God which is sharper than ANY two edged sword or any other weapon the enemy uses against us!

When our Heavenly Father returns, He's going to be looking for FAITH!
How can one believe in something/someone if the promises that something/someone makes never come to pass?

FAITH! That's how. We are a microwave generation that fall under the pressure of waiting. We don't want to wait on anything (I'm talking about myself here). We want a quick fix. I HAVE to agree with Cholette when she says God goes to the root of the issue...the inward parts!

Continue to seek God regardless of what you see. He WILL NOT allow you to seek His face and revelation from Him without giving you answers. He said it in His word if you draw nigh unto Him, He will draw nigh unto you. Remind God of His word concerning your request to Him. Find scriptures that deal with seeking Him. Find scriptures that deal with revelation through the Holy Spirit. Find scriptures for healing. Find scriptures for hearing your prayers. Find scriptures that speak of His love for you.

In order for the Word of God to work, you have to work it. Don't just know what it says. Do what it says. Speak it. Work it. Work it. Work it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because Faith without works is dead.

Don't give up on God because He won't give up on you. He's able to do what He says He will do. I believe that with all of my heart!

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:33 pm

Shebelieves,
ManofGod17 has a thread titled "Father's Love Letter" in the testimony section. I think you should read it!

Last edited by Virtuous on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typed wrong title)

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by redeemed on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:45 pm

SheBelieves, I will also keep you in my prayers. It will be well with you. God is not a man that He should lie. He honors His Word above His name...His Word is true..He has loved you with an everlasting love...He loves you and absolutely NOTHING can seperate you from His love....not even the way you feel right now...He still loves you.

I pray that you will receive a revelation and manifestation of His glory and love in Jesus' name.

God bless you and we love you too :)

redeemed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:23 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top