The Lion beside me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Lion beside me

Post by firebrand on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:32 pm

I was standing side by side with a huge lion. It was sitting on its haunches but it was almost as tall as me even sitting. We were both looking forward. We had grown up together and I had brought it up from a cub. I wasnít afraid of it but suddenly it occurred to me that it could kill me if it wanted and I gasped. It didnít hurt me, it just sat there calmly facing forward.
Clues: I was not afraid of the lion but I was in awe of its size and power

The days leading up to this I had been worrying about the fact that I have been out of work for a year and a half. I had two interviews for one job but I was worried the job would take me away from what God wanted in my life. I am afraid to get the job even though I desperately need work. I was also worrying about the fact that I owe the tax office a lot of money and they gave a lot of the money I paid them to another department. Also if I work they will take 80% of my pay as they had been doing at my last job. I want direction from God as to what to do. Several times God has told me to rest and once he said "come aside and rest" so I have been doing that. I dont know if this has anything to do with the dream or not.

firebrand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lion beside me

Post by firebrand on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:00 pm

One more thing I forgot to mention, the Lion was on my right hand side. This morning the Lord gave me a verse:
Psalm 110:5 The Lord is at Your right hand; He shall execute kings in the day of His wrath.
and it had a footnote to the following verse
Psalm 16:8 I have set the LORD always before me; Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
My heart jumped when I read these verses.

Psa 107:8 Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men!

firebrand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by firebrand on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:07 pm

Oh and another thing that was bothering me was the aspect of being startled at the lion and its strength. The Lord gave me another verse this morning that I didnt relate to this at first.
Luk 5:6 And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking.
Luk 5:7 So they signaled to their partners in the other boat to come and help them. And they came and filled both the boats, so that they began to sink.
Luk 5:8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, "Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord!"

Peter's reaction to the Lord was completly startled and almost afraid. That is our reaction when we see the Lord in his power and holiness.

firebrand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:32 pm

This may be an odd question but it came to me
Do you consider yourself a 'worshipper' like that is a desire -something you find yourself doing often...praise and worshipping God?

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Post by firebrand on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:22 pm

Well I know that the Lion is of the tribe of Judah and Judah means praise. As for myself I like praising and worshipping God on my own but not much in crowds because there is too much noise and stuff going on. I'm really much more interested in the word and teaching and numbers in scripture and people's lives.

firebrand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:39 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top