Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aliveforjesus

We need to find a church!

We just moved to Spokane..We are in desperate need of a church..Do any of you have suggestions for which denominations you think are best? There are so many churches out here and we have attended charismatic churches in the past..Thank you.

Personally, I wouldn't pay attention to which demnomination. Denominations is of man...Find a church that is teaching the uncompromised Word of God. Look for a church that is ALIVE and the ministry is thriving. You will know when you step into the place if it's for you or not. You may have to visit several churches and/or sit in a few for a couple of weeks to get a "feel' for it, but believe me, God will tell you if it's the church for you.

Thank you Chollette...I agree, but sometimes it is hard for me to discern the Lord's voice in this area..Must be the enemy again..Thank you so much for this!

God will give you a settling in your heart...not necessarily a voice. In Col 3:15 it talks about peace being your guide. If you feel peace sitting in the service, it's God!!

I totally agree with Cholette. I am a Pentecostal Preacher in a Southern Baptist Church. Go figure. But that is where God planted me.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Yea. Back in 2005, I was looking for a church in the city I live in because I was taking a 30-45 minute road trip every Sunday to go to the church I had been in like forever! I prayed about it and told God to plant me in the church He wanted me to be in.

I visited a few church's. Nothing was wrong with them. I actually enjoyed the preaching and absolutely fell in love with the pastors and the congregations immediately. I still visit them when I have time and we're not doing anything at our church. I visited the church I belong to now one night and as soon as I walked in the door, my heart felt like it was at home. I'm still there!

So I TOTALLY agree with the above about God giving you peace in knowing you're in the right place!

Yes Virtuous- you nailed it...We have attended a few churches here already- And the sermons were excellent and nothing felt "off" yet I did not feel a conviction to stay there or a leading from God that either churches were home...We do shy away from a few different denominations because of doctrinal error, but for the most part, we are open to any denomination that basically is charismatic, or does not believe that speaking and tongues and miracles ceased after the first century church and so on...I am convinced that the Lord will give us a peace when we have found the right place..Thank you so much!

I thought I would throw this out there, while I'm searching for a new church myself I looked several of the churches by me up on-line, couple of them had their sermon on-line to watch - it wasn't live, it was all their past sermon's to current date. No I'm not saying this is the only way to determine to go visit that church, but it give you a look at the church, the sermon (what they preach) ahead of time to see if they are indeed on track. If you have time and see some churches on-line you can check out the sermon and if it's still good there check the church out in person.

It's just another way to get ahead of the game not have to wait for Sunday to come before you check the church out.

I agree with Cholette the denomination of the church I attend is not Pentacostal but the the pastor is Spirit filled and they do accept the gifts and pray and believe God!