Very Strange Dream About A Spirit

Post by Saphire on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:37 pm

I dreamed that me and 2 other women were running up stairs. I dont'
know who the women were. They weren't afraid but I was. Then as we were
still climbing, I started saying Psalm 27 out loud. I wasn't afraid
anymore. Those 2 women were in front of me, then they came to a spirit
about 2ft tall. It was angry and growling. Those 2 women started
running back down the stairs and, for some reason, I just turned around
and went back down with them. I wasn't afraid. Then I just woke up.
This dream has stayed with me today and I don't know why. Anyone have
any thoughts?

Saphire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Very Strange Dream About A Spirit

Post by lola21st on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:12 am

Hi Saphire -

When I read your dream, the scripture from James came to me - in your dream, you were a hearer of the Word, but not a doer of the Word:

James 1:22 - 25 - But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

You weren't afraid of the spirit because of what you'd read in Psalm 27 ("The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?"), but you didn't operate in that knowledge. I think the Lord may be telling you to put what you know into action. If you don't do that, you will not grow spiritually - that's what the part where you're running down the stairs signifies to me.

The other thing that stands out to me is that you were running up the stairs with women you didn't know and then continued to follow them after they saw the spirit despite what you just remembered from the Psalm. You were not operating in the authority that Jesus has given us:

Luke 10:19 - Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Again, by following the women instead of the Word, you didn't give the Lord the chance to remove the obstacles, hindrances from your path (the short spirit) so that you can continue to grow spiritually. Is anything like this going on in your life right now?

Psalm 118:8 tells us that "It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man." Several scriptures encourage us in this way but the one that really shows the contrasting outcomes of trusting in the Lord vs man is
Jeremiah 17:5-8:

5 Thus says the LORD:
Cursed is the man who trusts in man
And makes flesh his strength,
Whose heart departs from the LORD.
6 For he shall be like a shrub in the desert,
And shall not see when good comes,
But shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness,
In a salt land which is not inhabited.
7 Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
And whose hope is the LORD.
8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river,
And will not fear[b] when heat comes;
But its leaf will be green,
And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
Nor will cease from yielding fruit.

Overall, I think the dream is an invitation from the Lord for you to draw closer to Him and that's very encouraging! flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top