Visited by a doctor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Visited by a doctor

Post by Mariakitty on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:12 pm

I had this dream early this morning...

My physician was in the room and she told me that I had "pleurisy". I asked what I should do and she handed me all of these brochures, and as I read them, I realized that none of them had any relevant information. It was implied that my condition was contagious, (or perhaps the underlying condition that brought on the pleurisy was contagious - i was thinking in the dream that pleurisy in and of itself is not contagious), and I was thinking in the dream that I must have caught this from one of my clients.

In real life, I'm healthy, praise God, no illness or respiratory conditions. I didn't feel scared or threatened by the dream, but rather got the "pay attention" nudge in my spirit. Any thoughts?

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Visited by a doctor

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:31 am

Maria Kitty,

Pleurisy, also known as pleuritis, is a condition that results from the swelling of the linings of the lungs and chest. The pleural cavity (area between lungs and inner chest wall) is created by two lubricated surfaces called pleura, the inner pleura lining the lungs and the outer lining the chest wall.

A variety of factors can cause the pleura to become inflamed and rub against one another, rather than slide smoothly, as one breathes. This is the cause of the chest pain associated with pleurisy (often called pleuritic pain).

Pleurisy used to be common complication of bacterial infections a long time ago; especially of pneumonia. Since the advent of antibiotics, however, rates have dropped substantially.

I hope this helps understand what it is.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariakitty on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:18 am

Hi Connie,

Thanks! Before changing careers, I was a medical clinician, so I do understand "in the natural" what pleurisy is, etc...

As I mentioned, in the natural, I am very healthy, nothing respiratory going on, so I'm 99% sure it's not a warning of something to come in the natural, but rather spiritual/symbolic...

I guess I was hoping that someone might have a sense of what is could symbolize spiritually?

Thanks so much!
Maria

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:02 am

Just thoughts...

I think the spiritual symbolism may be as follows...

The Lord may be warning you of something in your midst that is not healthy, you have to be diligent to be detect it because it's very easy to miss. It is contagious in that anyone who is around it is susceptible to being contaminated. And if you or anyone else is infected, it will leave you in an unhealthy condition causing pain. The scripture passage that came to me when I read your dream is Matthew 16:5-12 - Now when His disciples had come to the other side, they had forgotten to take bread. 6 Then Jesus said to them, “Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the Sadducees.”
7 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, “It is because we have taken no bread.”
8 But Jesus, being aware of it, said to them, “O you of little faith, why do you reason among yourselves because you have brought no bread?[c] 9 Do you not yet understand, or remember the five loaves of the five thousand and how many baskets you took up? 10 Nor the seven loaves of the four thousand and how many large baskets you took up? 11 How is it you do not understand that I did not speak to you concerning bread?—but to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” 12 Then they understood that He did not tell them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

Is there something that you're taking in spiritually that seems harmless (in fact, it may seem good for you) but upon closer scrutiny it really is not good for you, i.e., church doctrine, ministries, books, tv, etc.? Something that has recently entered your spiritual life?

Please on what's been said to see if it aligns with your spirit.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:57 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top