What does this roof represent?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What does this roof represent?

Post by traveller on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi, I've heard that a roof often symbolizes some kind of covering. Just wondering what a roof of a school stands for? I was showing the bad state of the roof to one of my brothers.It had many holes, drafty and I was worried it was going to come down soon (around Christmas as I had received all these christmas cards..) Is it the state of my church or would it be in my personal covering?
Thanks for any clarifying thoughts!

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What does this roof represent?

Post by lola21st on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:57 am

Just thoughts...

Schools often represent a place of learning or training - dreamers often dream of going back to school or taking tests at school which indicates that they're in a period of training or are in the midst of a spiritual test...roofs often symbolizes protection or covering as you indicated...because it was the school's roof versus your personal house's roof, I would be inclined to think that it might be your church's roof (or any other ministy, bible study, etc.) that you're involved with....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:55 pm

Thanks for your thoughts lola. I just realized I never mentioned that I'm a (on and off:-) schoolteacher and the type of school I go into in my dreams often clarifies if I'm in learning mode (like in dreams where I see a school where I went to school as a youngster) or if I'm in working mode (like in this dream where the school was actually the school here in town, where I have worked every now and again). I assume the meaning of the roof would still be the same? I'll keep praying for my church's covering! As christmas was near in this dream, would you think that's literally?
Thanks again:-)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:38 am

Given your occupation, the symbol sounds literal, i.e., it could very well be about the school in your town rather than about your church. Are there any issues at the school that you're aware of (e.g., staff, budget, conflicts, etc.)? I think that the feelings that you had in this dream may be the same feelings you'll have when the "holes" are revealed. The Christmas timing could be a marker of when it will occur.

Also, is the school a public school? The Christmas reference may relate to the fact that many public schools can't make specific references to Christmas during the holiday season - for example, celebrations are referred to as "Winter _____", no Christmas trees can be displayed, etc. Based on this, the symbol could be reflecting the state of public schools. Again, these are just my thoughts, what do you think?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:59 am

Interesting thoughts; something to think about for now:-) Yes, it's a public school, but I'm not too up to date with current issues at the school this term. Will have to pray and see what happens..
Thanx for your time and God bless you!

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:00 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top