Recurring dream..running from a huge flood with family

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Recurring dream..running from a huge flood with family

Post by ragarone on Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:40 pm

This is the second time I've had the exact dream. Both times I've awoken in a panic. The first time I dreamt this dream was about 2 weeks ago, the second time was last night.

The dream starts with me in my home (but not an accurate description of my actual home). I'm looking down about 8 concrete steps that lead from my back door out to a great, vast expanse of mountainous desert terrain (pretty accurate portrayal of where I do live). There is a great flood of rolling walls of white water, stretching left to right as far as I can see. This is just a bit in the distance, but dangerously close. There is water lapping at the bottom of the steps, which is a part of the flood, but is quite a bit in front of the great wall of floodwaters. My husband and daughters get in our car. We try to decide which way we should drive to escape the floodwaters. We look to the north, which increases in elevation, and leads to mountains. But we see flooding on the road. So, we choose to go south, which also declines in elevation and leads to Phoenix, AZ (we do live north of Phoenix).

As we drive south, my husband and I are panicked...our daughters must be scared, but I don't feel that in the dream so much. There is no screaming, only frantic speaking of which way to go. The dialogue is not in my memory at this time. We make various turns, and my husband is driving incredibly fast. We are passing other cars, and as we pass them we look back to see them ripped away by the floodwaters.

We come to a hill, where we think we will be safe from the floodwaters, but just as we turn and crest the hill, we see this huge wall of water and know that we will definitely be swept away. In the dream, we gather (still in the car, just before being swept away) together, tell each other we love them, and begin to pray to God....

This is when I wake up. I never actually see us swept away.

Last night, just as I was startled awake by this dream, I had a thought (not part of the dream, but I was not fully awake...though I was awake) that drowning would be a very painful and terrifying way to die. In my thought, not dream, my husband and I each had a handgun. Each one of us shot one daughter, ourselves (not suicide. it was like we shot each other at the exact same time) In this thought, my daughters were not scared to be shot and understood that it was better than drowning. My husband and I were crying. (I cannot emphasize enough that I was actually awake, although not fully awake, but not dreaming at this point. The last true dream part was when we began to pray to God in the car. The thoughts described in this last paragraph were had in a semi-conscious state, not a dream-state)

After waking from the dream last night, at 2am, I had to turn on the computer to check to see if there was widespread flooding over the world. I had the feeling that the floods in my dream were Biblical in nature, and that they might actually be occuring at that time. I also thought that the only safe place to be was a mountaintop (where the persecuted Christians will be forced to seek refuge in the end times). I thought that we should have gone through the little bit of flooding on the road to the north, just as we left our house to flee the floodwaters, because we could have gotten to the mountains. Again, this was thoughts after the dream...but I was fully awake by this time.

I would truly appreciate some words of advice on the meaning of this dream. It was so vivid. I know it means something. I just don't know what.

Thank you.

ragarone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recurring dream..running from a huge flood with family

Post by True Flight on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Take a deep breath.

The flood waters are a trial or tribulation.
The mountain is God.
The south is not God.
either way you will go through the trial.
Chose God.

The suicide part, seems to me you were involved in this part, looking for a way out. This part of the dream is of you and not God.

Just some thoughts.
The home is your spiritual life. The concrete steps indicate a good foundation.

God is showing you a trial to come, and he wants you to rely on him.

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ragarone on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:54 am

Thank you for your voice of reason! Dreams like this one can really be scary for me. It really helps to hear what someone else thinks.

Facing a trial or tribulation, while never pleasant, does not scare me. I know my family and I can make it though anything so long as God is with us (and we are with God).

Thanks again,
Christine

ragarone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top