What do pearls symbolize?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What do pearls symbolize?

Post by nubava on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:09 am

I was at my granny's place (she died couple of weeks ago) and was checking her jewelry, there were couple of necklaces on the shelf with semiprecious stones, one was with white and transparent stones, the rest two black. I showed them to my mom, she said she wanted to keep the white one. Then I couldn't find her favourite pearl necklace. I thought she was burried with the necklace which was logical to me as ut was her favourite. And I asked my granny's daughter-in-law were the necklace was, whether my granny was burried with it. She said no, they couldn't bury her with the pearl necklace as it was not allowed. So I kept looking for the necklace but couldn't find it. I also couldn't find the key to my granny's private shelf so I could check if the necklace was in there. I was worried a bit as i thought that the daughter-in-law could have hid the pearls and I wanted to keep them not as a jewelry but as a memory from my granny.

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do pearls symbolize?

Post by immortalservant on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:13 am

Pearls mean wisdom: read Matt. 7:6
and reference to your previous dreams Matt 5:13
Also read about wisdom in the proverbs!!!

immortalservant

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/refuelignite

Back to top Go down

Post by nubava on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:04 am

Thanks for your post, I am familiar with these scipts but can not see how I can relate them with the dream....

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:50 am

from wiki,
A pearl is a hard, generally spherical object produced within the soft tissue (specifically the mantle) of a living shelled mollusk. Just like the shell of a mollusk, a pearl is made up of calcium carbonate in minute crystalline form, which has been deposited in concentric layers. The ideal pearl is perfectly round and smooth, but many other shapes of pearls (baroque pearls) occur. The finest quality natural pearls have been highly valued as gemstones and objects of beauty for many centuries, and because of this, the word pearl has become a metaphor for something very rare, very fine, very admirable, and very valuable.
Valuable pearls occur in the wild, but they are very rare. Cultured or farmed pearls make up the majority of those that are currently sold. Pearls from the sea are valued more highly than freshwater pearls. Imitation or fake pearls are also widely sold in inexpensive jewelry, but the quality of their iridescence is usually very poor - and generally speaking, artificial pearls are easily distinguished from genuine pearls. Pearls have been harvested and cultivated primarily for use in jewelry, but in the past they were also stitched onto lavish clothing. Pearls have also been crushed and used in cosmetics, medicines, or in paint formulations.

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:24 am

very rare, very fine, very admirable, and very valuable

this is what I think of when I think of pearl...in the Word, the pearl is associated with other jewels...

Also, in Mia's dream dictionary pearls = Kingdom of Heaven

For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry. ~~~ Habukkuk 2:3

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nubava on Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:53 am

I have been thinking over and over and may in the dream shows that even though my grandmother died and was buried, she is in the Kingdom of Heaven?! You can bury the body but not the spirit?!

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by immortalservant on Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:14 pm

And you mentioned not being able to find the key to her private shelf and I immediately thought of keys to the Kingdom. I am wondering if God is stirring up your heart to search for wisdom and there you will find the keys to the kingdom. I am not sure what kind of woman your grandmother was but this is probably a heritage she wanted passed down to you but we do have to search for this type of inheritance, it is not materials which may fade away...but it is much more valuable.

immortalservant

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/refuelignite

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top