Graduate School

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Graduate School

Post by lola21st on Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:33 am

I ran into a man ("G") I went to college with at this training camp and we were so happy to see one another after all of these years. We hugged and hugged and kissed – not sexually charged but passionate in that we really missed each other over the years. We held hands and gazed at one another and then I realized that his hands were deformed. His right hand looked like it was stretched. They seemed normal but where the knuckles are, the hand part started again and then the fingers formed from this second section. It wasn’t noticeable unless you really looked. I noticed that he didn’t have his wedding ring on so wondered if he and his wife split up. (This is the first time that I’ve ever dreamt him without his wife – they were inseparable during college and seem to represent a marriage covenant in my dreams.)

It was a school campus setting. We were involved in several activities and tours of the setting. I don’t know why we were all there. I was both a student taking classes and I also taught a class. I realized that G had an anger issue. It made me wonder if the reason he was alone was because he killed his wife. He was nice to me but in some instances he overreacted to situations. It wasn’t enough to scare people but because I knew him well, I knew that his behavior was a bit over the top.

In the dream, there was a lot of activity – we (all of the students) went to a movie, a performance, etc. That night we all were changing clothes and getting ready to go out. I didn’t really know any of the people that I was socializing with IRL outside of G and our scout den mom. We were at one time at a dorm house and we were all getting ready for the evening events. Someone there was from NYU and was someone from my past but I can’t remember who they were. This person was studying engineering at the graduate level. He worked as an engineer before attending this school and was concerned about the costs associated with being a student. I listened to him and started to wonder how much it was going to cost me to attend school and I figured out that I would be able earn $260 per week. I got concerned because that wasn’t nearly enough to take care of my expenses but realized that it wasn’t something that I was going to resolve at that moment so I continued getting ready. There was a teenager was telling people about his performance later in the evening but was revealing too much. We all had a performance to do – singing, acting, playing music, etc. He was able to figure out what other people’s performances were and was telling people. He was either telling too much about his show or he was going to tell too much about mine. We had an exchange and he backed down and went away. When I turned I saw two big Black men who were there. I didn’t know they were there so when I turned around I was surprised but as it turned out they were there to protect me in case anything happened with the teenager. We continued getting ready for the performance. Everyone had a talent that they were going to showcase, either working together or individually.

Next scene –

I had a dream that my friend took me to his friend's church. He was up and about fellowshipping with other people and she was looking out for me to make sure I was comfortable. There was a little bit of a conflict because his other friend wanted to take me somewhere and then I woke up.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Graduate School

Post by Halo on Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:33 pm

Lola~ You said something that was very interesting ''there was alot of activity. Even tho there is a numorous amount of twist and turns in this dream...it is very simple. Dreams come in a multitude of business. When I saw this it reminded me of two words, Diversity, Diversities...meaning this, to differ, a kind, class, or sort...It is translated ''diversities'', which will take us to the book of 1 Cor. 12:27-28, In thes two scriptures what Paul is saying is this, the apostle expresses both the unity and the diversity of the body of christ. The absence of the definite article in Greek (ho, ''the'') before the expression body of Christ emphasizes character: since they are Christ's body, their actions and attitudes toward one another should reflect his character. Individually parts are important roles that make up the body and reflects the spiritual organism as a whole. As the church is considered to be the body, so so individuals members are seen as parts of the body. for any church to function properly, every member must do his or her part in a harmonious spirit of cooperation with the other members, Amen. Had the church at Corinth learned this lesson, many of their problems would have been solved, Amen. Just a little something to chew on.

Halo

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:56 am

Praise the Lord, Halo!

Thank you, this does line up...there was a lot of activity even in the background of this dream and I did get the sense of community that everything was working together for a greater purpose. I will pray about the spirit of cooperation aspect to see if the Lord is trying to tell me something regarding this IRL...

Any other thoughts/interpretations?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top