Alligators in my front yard

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alligators in my front yard

Post by jenben on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:35 pm

Hello all,

My name is Jen & I am new here so please bear with me. I am a single woman in my 30's still living at home with my dad. I have had very odd and even intense dreams since I was about 5 yrs old, been a born-again Christian since I was 7. My dreams have always meant something, from real/literal situations (serious and even humorous), to deeply spiritual insights. I only mention my age and gender because I have always had to "fight" in my dreams, and I am usually alone. Before my mother passed when I was 21, we were always a "team" in my real life and in my dreams. My mother was a very strong Christian mother and a prayer warrior. Having said that, there are some dreams that I just can't put my finger on, especially the recurring dreams. I will probably be posting quite a bit... LOL!

The most recent dream was last night, which was a recurring dream, although the exact details are not always the same. This dream was about alligators (I don't think there were crocodiles but they may have been thrown in too, but I dont remember). Oh, by the way, I actually do live near a canal with real alligators, although not as many as there used to be, I think. Anyway, this dream had these alligators "coming back again" and they were in my front yard and along the driveway. Sometimes they are just "hanging out" at the end of the driveway, near the street, coming from the canal to my house. But this dream had them right at my door step, trying to get in, and there were quite a few of them in the yard. I was outside the whole time, so I don't know if any of them actually made it inside because I was spending my time and energy defending myself and protecting my pets and loved ones (I don't remember who was with me though). This time, these alligators were more aggressive and trying to bite/hurt me and anyone/anything that they "knew" was close to me. They seemed sneaky, and I knew what they "could do" and I didn't trust them. In the past, the ones close to me (especially people) , whether a parent or whoever, didn't "know" these alligators like I did. I was constantly on guard and I could see when one was about to "snap its head back" to bite/hurt someone else that couldnt see them from behind. It was this "snap" that I had to watch out for. The only way to stop them was not by fighting them, although I could, but by stomping on their heads. It was like a Super Mario game or something, like I had to jump on them, one after another, no matter how far apart they were, I could do it. This dream took more effort that some of the others, although some others have been worse. My stomping on them sometimes kills them, but I dont remember what this last dream did, but it took more effort this time to stomp on them...? Something like that anyway.

Most of the time, with these particualr dreams, I am either walking from inside the house, going outside. Or sometimes I am coming home from somewhere. I begin to see "signs" of their presence, i.e baby gators hiding or just hanging out in unusual places, like the garage. Someone else wrote about alligators and wet grass or something, which is similar to my dreams, showing "a presence". Anyway, after noticing the baby gators or something, I had look for "signs" of the parents and siblings. Even though I had to keep an eye on the babies, I knew that if there were babies, the adults were close by and they were the real threat. Sure enough, I find the parents, usually huge, and they are the ones really hiding and sneaky and thinking they can't be found. They are sometimes arrogant and intimidating, but I usually "know where they are coming from" (or something). And when I do find them, that is where the battle begins. Other times, these guys just appear out of nowhere and begin their attack and hiss and snap. Sometimes they do make it in the house, like the living room. I don't remember fighting them with any weapons, but I may have in the past. Sometimes, even just rebuking them in the name of Jesus kills them, and they disappear. Whatever the case may be, and whenever my dad is there with me, he doesn't really fight with me. If/when he does, he gives up and disappears or something. I am usually left fighting for myself.

What are these alligators? What could be the real threat? What I am I missing? What am I doing wrong or what brings them back?

I also have dreams of wasps, bees, bats, and other "numerous little creatures" that actually DO make it in the house and into all the
rooms. But usually, not all the different kinds at once. They come from the garage and find their way inside, and through the A/C vents, I think. And... especially the bees & wasps, they "follow" me and push the doors open to get to me.

Thank you for helping me and praying with me over this. I am grateful that I found this site because I have been wanting to find some people who have some of the same experiences with dreams as I have. I realize that I cannot take everyone's interpretations literally, but any insight or Word from the Lord would help. I am praying over this and over anyone who is willing to step in and pray for me as well. "As iron sharpens iron". Sorry this is so long.

Thank you again, and God bless.
Jen

jenben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alligators in my front yard

Post by Traci 1125 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:32 pm

Hey Jen,
It's nice to meet you. I identify with you already because I was also saved as a little girl. I was 5 yrs old and I remember it like it just happened. I am 41 next month. I also have been having dreams all of my life. I rarely run into people who were saved at such a young age. For me, I know that the Lord captured me at that time because of a rough childhood that escalated just after my encounter with the Lord. I would not be here if He had not reached His hand of a "Daddy" out to me so many times. It is nice to have you here.

This is just an idea. Alligators are one of the last breeds of animals that are considered prehistoric. Is there something in your past that is nagging you? Is there some sort of "dinosaur" in your life? Whatever reason that you are dreaming this...you seem to know what to do in the dream. You rebuke and fight in the name of Jesus. I will pray with you about this and hopefully you can get the interpretation. Girl, you must be tired in the morning!
Wish I could help you more. Just keep praying. It will come. The Lord holds to His Word always! We are His sheep. We hear His voice and we know Him.

Traci

Traci 1125

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jenben on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi Tracy,

Thank you so much for responding. I am glad to see that someone else had dreams at such a young age. Thank you for your encouraging words...and yes I do get tired in the morning from those fighting dreams..lol.

Thank you again and blessings to you,
Jen

jenben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:19 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top