bells........

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bells........

Post by promisedchild on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:21 am

i had a dream i was trying to buy some bells for my dog and i saw allot of different bells and then i saw a baby shirt and it a a line of small bells across the top of the shirt. what do bells represent?

promisedchild

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: bells........

Post by True Flight on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:15 pm

are you trying to comprmise?
dogs are bad, bells are for preist.

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:14 am

Moses was directed by the Lord to sew bells onto the priests' garment in Exodus 28:33 - 35:

33 And upon its hem you shall make pomegranates of blue, purple, and scarlet, all around its hem, and bells of gold between them all around: 34 a golden bell and a pomegranate, a golden bell and a pomegranate, upon the hem of the robe all around. 35 And it shall be upon Aaron when he ministers, and its sound will be heard when he goes into the holy place before the LORD and when he comes out, that he may not die.

According to a bible study I reviewed recently, one's rank of authority could be identified by looking at their hem in biblical times in the same way that one looks at a military serviceperson's shoulder to see their badges/stars to determine their rank. As an example, when David had the opportunity to kill Saul, he instead cut the hem of Saul's garment while he was sleeping as a symbolic gesture, like stripping someone of their rank. (1 Samuel 24:4). The pomegranates represent fruit and the bells call attention to you, your witness. Matthew 5:16 - 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

When I think of these priestly garments, I remember that we are all called to a royal priesthood - 1 Peter 2:9-10 - But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

Because you are buying the bells for your dog, I don't get the sense that the dog is a bad symbol in this instance (i.e, not demonic or a threat), I feel it's more like "man's best friend" here, but I could be wrong, you know best. I feel like just as we have obtained mercy as children of God, you're extending mercy to others which is why you're buying bells for the dog. The baby shirt with the bells on its collar reminded me of babes in Christ.(1 Corinthians 3:1), someone who is young in their Christian walk. But although they're young in their spiritual walk, God looks at them as who He destined them to become - Romans 8:29-30 - For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

I pray this is helpful to you! flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top