My Hair Wasn't My Hair

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Hair Wasn't My Hair

Post by Cholette on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:29 pm

I was driving around today and it hit me that I had a dream last night. It was a strange "hair" dream. I was sitting in a salon...in the salon chair and this gay guy was doing my hair. I was looking in the mirror and he was blow drying my hair. I remember thinking, "wow, my hair looks different than what I thought". In the dream, it was like my hair wasn't as thick and long, but while I was watching him blow dry my hair in the mirror, it was thick and long. I made a comment about this girl named "G" (she used to be very critical of my hair out of jealousy). I told the guy that "G" is going to trip out when she see's my hair. ~ End of Dream ~

So, I have an idea what this dream means, but I'm coming here for confirmation and possibly another way of looking at this. IRL, I have enough hair to lend to three people and still have too much hair...LOL...and it's extremely long...opposite of how I thought my hair was in the dream before looking in the mirror. So I'm sure this dream is symbolic...I think.

Thanks in advance!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Hair Wasn't My Hair

Post by dreamster on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:50 pm

truely hairraising if u ask me,, sweety,,um sounds like a church situ,,someone jealous of ur anointing/glory,,

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:48 pm

Just my thoughts: It seems like you're in a situation that you didn't expect but are pleased by coming into the knowledge of certain information. Maybe finding out some new knowledge about yourself that you didn't know was there before? Those "haters" (especially the G girl) will definitely be jealous now! CLOTHED IN SHAME as the bible says!

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:15 am

Yes Miss Desi...YES!!!! That's confirmation...

Thank you both Dreamz and Desi!!! I have both perspectives that I needed.

If anyone else feels or sees something else, let me know!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:19 am

tha mirroir as can be a tme of reflecction,sweety,,an ur self image,,''we were as grasshoppers in our/ther?? eyes.... ,,is that how u looked?? cheeky D...

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:23 am

Hello Cholette! I believe the mirror you are looking into is the Word of God. (2 Corinthians 3:18, "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.") I feel like you are looking at a situation in the natural that is different from the way it is when you look into the mirror of God's word. In the natural, it looked like it was "off" wasn't right. But, when you look into God's word about the situation you are seeing the truth. And as you continue to look to what God has said about this situation, the situation will CHANGE into the very image of God that you are seeing in that mirror of the Word of God. I believe this has to do with something you're dealing with right now that looks one way in the natural, perhaps by other people's interpretations, and yet you KNOW that it is not what it seems. Hope this blesses you! (By the way, I have not looked at the other responses. So, if I repeated...I guess it can just be confirmation.)

Also, I think it's "hair" that is the symbol, because hair is a symbol for "glory" and as you look into the mirror of God's word, we change from glory to glory!

Love and blessings,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:49 am

I'm not sure if this means anything to you or have any meaning towards the dream but I find something a little different than usual (as far as what I'm used to) about getting your hair done at a salon.

I have NEVER gone into a salon to get my hair done (or watched someone else getting their hair done) and the stylist has me/them facing the mirror as he/she does ANYTHING to my head. I guess it's a stylist thing but they always wait until they are finished before they swirl you around to let you see what your hair looks like.

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:30 am

Miss Sandra Dee!! I mentioned to Dreamy last night that exact scripture that you referenced in your reply. You are exactly right, it is something that I'm dealing with right now. There are some things that have hurt me in the past that have shaped some of my thinking and God has began surfacing these issues. The girl "G" has been used by the enemy in my past to cause me to think certain ways about "ME". Now God is dealing with them and this dream was a confirmation of that.

V...I always face the mirror when I go to get my hair done. Back in the day when I was about 8 or 9 years old, I went to a beauty school to get my hair done and to get it cut and I wasn't in front of a mirror. When that girl finished my hair, I looked like a boy. She cut my hair so short. I was scarred for a long time by that experience so now when I get my hair done, I'm facing the mirror. There are times when they have to turn me around and do something to my hair, but for the most part, I am in the mirror. I think God had to show me seeing myself in the mirror because he was gettin a point across to me...that I need to see myself through the mirror of His Word.

Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!

By the way Dreamz...what is Cheeky D???

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:41 am

Oh, Ok...so that's normal for you!

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:27 pm

um v gets it ,,,,um ''cheeky'' is kinda like teasing wiva mischevious element,,as v says quite normal 4 me,, PTL PTL

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Ohhhhhh okay!!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:22 pm

im hair 2day,,gone 2morrow..

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadams on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:15 pm

That's too funny D!

Well Miss C, you are so blessed. Whatever God is doing in your life, let Him...it can only be a good thing!

Jadams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LovetoworshipJesus on Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:59 am

I agree with everyone on here about the hair

LovetoworshipJesus
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:35 am

No...I was talking to Cholette about it being normal for her. She said she always look in the mirror when she's getting her hair done so that playing out in her dream like that isn't out of the norm.

Now, for me...
I have NEVER gone into a salon to get my hair done (or watched someone else getting their hair done) and the stylist has me/them facing the mirror as he/she does ANYTHING to my head. I guess it's a stylist thing but they always wait until they are finished before they swirl you around to let you see what your hair looks like.

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:36 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top