Dead Guy At My Church

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dead Guy At My Church

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:00 pm

Hello Dreamy Family!

I had this dream a year ago in November, but it has recently been coming up in my remembrance. I felt the Lord gave me a couple of scriptures about it at the time, but I have not yet received the full revelation of the dream. At the time the dream I occured, I was not attending this church. My husband and I had attended previously, but have been gone now for 3 years. Just the last few Sundays, though, we have begun attending this church again -- the one that appears in the dream. I would appreciate any insights. Thanks ahead of time!

Dream 11-02-08 "Dead Guy At Church"

I was at my old church (at the time of the dream I was not attending this church). I was not attending there, but there for a reason. I was in a row all by myself – there was no one else sitting there, except one other lady that I didn’t know a few seats down (these were not pews, but chairs in the dream). A tall, dark man walked over to the row where I was sitting and began to step into our aisle as if he was going to sit down. Suddenly and without warning he dropped dead at our feet. Everything in the service continued on as if nothing happened. No one even seemed to notice what happened with the tall man. I felt no leading to pray, or that he should be resurrected, nor was I bothered by the death of this guy, my only thought was that he needed to be cleared out and buried ASAP before he stunk. Since I did not have the authority to interrupt the service by calling 911 to have the body taken away, I had to find someone who did. The lady and I looked for an usher or a security guard to notify, and could find no one. I knew in the dream that all of the staff, security guards and ushers were all in Maine doing something else for the church. My co-pastor and his wife were left in charge and were running the service. I told the lady that I knew M, the co-pastor, and would go over and let him know what had happened to the man so that it could be dealt with quickly. The church was packed and it was during offering time. I wanted to get over to my co-pastor before the offering ended so that I wouldn’t interrupt anything he was about to go do. It took me a while to make my way over to him. I went to the row behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and looked shocked to see me there. Just at that time, the offering ended, and it was now time for him to go up and take over the service. I tried to tell him quickly that I was here about an emergency. I mouthed to him as he went up to the platform “It’s an emergency!” But it was too late. So I mouthed to him again, “I’ll talk to your wife.” I noticed his wife was wearing a bright green suit. When I turned to tell her what had happened, she went up to join my co-pastor on the platform before she could notice me. They were about to do some sort of skit. At this point I didn’t know what to do. The dead guy had to be dealt with and urgently. I then noticed a young guy, possibly a youth, wearing a white t-shirt, sitting in the youth section behind where my co-pastor and his wife sit. I leaned over and told the guy what had happened with the dead guy and asked him to let my co-pastor know about it the minute he came down. After I delivered the message to the guy in the white shirt, I left the church feeling that my responsibility and assignment had been completed

Back to top Go down

Re: Dead Guy At My Church

Post by unaday* on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:01 am

Hi Sandra
It is possible your dream is alerting you that your church is not living up to its mandate to save souls...it is like the man represented the people- almost like they may be spiritually dead or people are spiritually dying there and nobody notices. The bright green suit makes me wonder if 'being in the spotlight, leadership, or being recognized in position' is more important at that church.

It is also possible that revival will come from the youth at that church at it may be your responsibilty to plant the seed in the youth.

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:10 am

Wow Unaday! You have really hit on some things here. Thank you so much for your insights. I'm going to be in prayer about this because I knew when I had this dream that it was very serious. Your input here has given me some new things to think about and pray about. Thanks again!

Blessings,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi Sandra -

Just thoughts...

I felt no leading to pray, or that he should be resurrected, nor was I bothered by the death of this guy, my only thought was that he needed to be cleared out and buried ASAP before he stunk. Since I did not have the authority to interrupt the service by calling 911 to have the body taken away, I had to find someone who did.

This is so not like you IRL. And you do have the authority. Is it possible that you may have some lingering reservations regarding that church that you may have seen played out recently? Also, that you struggle with the balance between keeping order and submitting to your church's leadership/authority over you vs doing what you know you should be doing? What I mean is in the dream it seems that everyone is doing something for the church (or rather the operations of the church) or going through the motions of church but are they really doing what the church is designed to do - save the lost, heal the sick, strengthen the weary, etc.? If there were issues around your leaving 3 years ago, the Lord may be showing you that issues remain...their priorities aren't in the right order as Unaday pointed out above - it appears more important to be on the stage and do productions (skits) to entertain the packed house than to care for the flock...

As I'm typing this I realize that I missed the following statement...
I knew in the dream that all of the staff, security guards and ushers were all in Maine doing something else for the church. My co-pastor and his wife were left in charge and were running the service.

Is it possible that there is division among the church leadership? Is the leadership being groomed/developed properly to be able to lead the services in the absence of the primary leaders?

Please pray about what I've said as these are just thoughts.

Blessings,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:21 pm

I honestly don't know, Lurdys. This church is getting the sick healed, souls are saved every service, and the flock is fed, encouraged and strengthened. It's actually a very strong church. If they have a weakness as far as the congregation goes, it is that they do stifle the moving of the Spirit somewhat. Not completely, though. He is definitely given much more liberty in this church than I've seen Him given in any other church I've attended. God has given me some insight into some divisions within the church, even within the leadership. And, I do believe that the Lord has revealed to me that there is a lot of what I call "church politics" going on within the leadership. In other words, they're not real. They put on a "show" and say and do all the right things. But in many ways they're not out in the open. Things are masked and it's like listening to a politician from the pulpit sometimes the way things are handled. As for whether or not there were "issues" when we left...not with us. There were some things that happened to some people that we love that we found hurtful and disappointing. We left, though, because felt the Lord was calling us out, at least for a season. To us it was more of a "transfer" than us leaving. The disappointments have all sense been healed in our hearts, even though we still do not agree with the way some things were handled. We hold no grudges against anyone, and feel very positively about the church. However, at the time of this dream, I believe some of that healing was still needing to take place. I'm still praying about this dream. When I first had it, the Lord started talking to me about "dead works" within the church and judgment beginning with the house of the Lord. The scriptures He gave me centered around that. But, I still haven't quite put my finger on the message of this dream. I know that I do have authority in prayer, and at the time of the dream I wasn't praying for this church, as we were not attending it at the time. I guess I felt the lack of authority that I had in the dream was to correct the way things were going as I was not a member, and couldn't interrupt the flow of the service to deal with the dead guy. All I could do was take it to leadership who had the authority to stop things and deal with the dead guy, who if not dealt with urgently, was going to stink up the joint. When I figure out what it is this dream is telling me, I fully intend to pray about it. This particular co-pastor in the dream has actually been a mentor and friend to me. So, I felt like I could go to him in the dream, and did, but to no avail. I wish I could put my finger on exactly what this dream is saying. I think you and Unaday have both pointed out some things that are very correct here. I'm just going to have to continue praying until the pieces of the puzzle come together and reveal the picture. Thank you soooo much!!

Blessings,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:28 pm

All I can say is "WOW"...this dream is deep. The interps are deep. I can be touched by some of what's been said here. LORD HELP US and HELP THE BODY OF CHRIST!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by verity on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:30 pm

This is not a interpretation, but what rose up out of my heart as I read your post.
There is a death and a new birth beginning to come-forth from the body of Christ. There are two bodies in most churches, one is known as the church, the other, is the church. The form of church is dying, and some are desperately trying to revive it because they see it as God vessel, but it isn't. The real church go on all day, not three times a week. The kingdom of God is within us, and without His spirit, any form (religious structure) will lose it's life. Many see this empty shell and leave, others stay, choosing to be a life in death, and offer hope to anyone who may wander by.
Some can't stand the stench, and wonder at the lack of concern, some avoid the appearance of death, and become unavailable to those who need resurrection power. They become unavailable because the haven't any life source of their own. They bust themselves with "ministry" as defined by the day we live in, not the words of Jesus. Those who stay may walk alone (except for the Lord) your unseen help and mercy on those around you will be seen by the Lord.
For some, their grace to remain and minister in a place where it can be said, "Word, word everywhere, but not a drop to drink" simply runs out, as the Lord wills. Those who help the hurting, often become a threat to those who minister out of tradition, rather than the spirit of life. There are people God loves inside every vessel, no matter what, there is His love. Remember, There were two trees in the garden Choose Life

verity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:08 am

Thank you, Verity. What you have shared here goes along with what God gave me as the interpretation for this dream, as well as the scriptures He gave me. You have given me confirmation! Thank you!!!

Blessings,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top