Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
butterfly

Children of the resurrection

Can anybody help me to understand about the children of the resurrection referred to in Luke 20 verses 27-36:

[27] Then came to him certain of the Sadducees, which deny that there is any resurrection; and they asked him,
[28] Saying, Master, Moses wrote unto us, If any man's brother die, having a wife, and he die without children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
[29] There were therefore seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and died without children.
[30] And the second took her to wife, and he died childless.
[31] And the third took her; and in like manner the seven also: and they left no children, and died.
[32] Last of all the woman died also.
[33] Therefore in the resurrection whose wife of them is she? for seven had her to wife.
[34] And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:
[35] But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
[36] Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

From what I get out of (after reading it in the Living Bible), these people didn't believe in resurrection of the dead. Which in the Living Bible commentary says they posed this question to Jesus in an attempt to trick Him thinking He would say something that they could refute.

Jesus told them that those of us who are worthy of being raised from the dead, won't be married at all and will never die again. Once we're raised, we are ALL children of God with a NEW life and the life we live in heaven will not be exactly the same way of life we live on earth.

That's what I get out of - with a little help from the Living Bible and it's commentary...

Guest Guest
There were 3 philosophical sects among the Jews. The followers of the first of which are the Pharisees; of the second, the Sadducees; and the third sect, which pretends to a severer discipline, are called Essenes...the Sadducees are those that compose the second order, and take away fate entirely, and suppose that God is not concerned in our doing or not doing what is evil; and they say, that to act what is good, or what is evil, is at men's own choice, and that the one or the other belongs so to every one, that they may act as they please. They also take away the belief of the immortal duration of the soul, and the punishments and rewards in Hades...The Sadducees one towards another is in some degree wild, and their conversation

When the term Benoi Elohim is used in the Bible is speaking essentially about the Sons of God (angels) in the past.

But when you analyze the genealogy of Jesus or Abraham You will notice that only Adam is Called Benoi Elohim or Son of God.

Why? Because he was perfect spiritually and physically but being a man He had spiritually all the characteristics of the Sons of God (Angels)

When Jesus Died, He restored the original condition of a man physically and spiritually.

When we received Jesus a new spirit is being put in us, because spiritually we were dead

And is in this spirit were the Lord begins to works marvelous changes on our life.

But also the Bible said we are call Sons of God when we received Him in the new testament.

So the original condition is being restored but only spiritual, our bodies right now they never can be perfect as the original one given to Adam.

That is what God promise here a new body, a container, where He will pour this new spirit given to us when we believed in Jesus, as the Son of the Living God that Died for us to make atonement for our sins and resurrected from the dead and He is sitting at the right hand of God right now pleading day and night for us in the celestial court.

The matching up of new body and this new spirit that now dwell on us can not to occur now.

In the rapture (in Greek Harpazos) we will be transformed. Meaning we will received the promise in this passage that you are reading. God has guaranteed us a new body and spirit in the original condition and perfection as our father Adam had. Meaning we will be called Sons of God like the angels and Adam were. Perfects spiritually and physically. To see God as He is. Thanks to the Sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Wow, mbstudent!!!!!! That was great!!!!!! I just love teaching! That was awesome!!!!!!!

me too....Thanks for the teaching,MBS..I am going to copy and paste it into my own notes...to study. This was a good way to start my day...Praise God!!!

I am going to copy and paste it into my own notes...to study.

I did too!