Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linda Irish

???DOES ANYTHING IN THE BIBLE INDICATE FEMALE ANGELS?????

Years ago I began reasearching the Bible to see If there is any substance at all to all femal looking angels that we see in all the great old art and in any gift shop or Bible store these days....I have only read of men looking angelic beings that appear like big guys. I know that female looking angels sound romantic and lovely...but for confirmation. Can anyone provide a sound scripture to show that any of the angels described in the Bible are even remotely described as females?
I would like to know the truth.... Eve was created different than man in order to have babies with her husband and of course to feed those babies...babies.... I have thought for a long time now that I have seen no evidence in the Bible of female angels.... and then I thought, why would we have female angels If angels do not procreate? I am interested in scriptural input..Does anyone have any thoughts on this. Thank you, Linda Marie Irish

I don't have any scriptural background to this, but I think gender only matters here on earth...not in heaven. I also believe that if there is no reference in the Bible of female angels, then we can safely say that either God doesn't want us to focus on that or that there aren't any.

I believe the old art is man's interepretation of what he believes, not necessarily what is.

Great question!!!

Yes I think you are right Cholette. I remember reading somewhere that gender is specific to humans. I will try and do some research on that.

Love in Jesus,

Connie