Dream about my husband & fishing (Long)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream about my husband & fishing (Long)

Post by StumblinMama on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:10 am

This dream is pretty long and involved, so bear with me. I had this dream about 6 or 7 years ago and it involves my husband.

In the dream, my husband and I were sitting in the driveway of my parents house in my mother's blue pickup. My husband was going to go fishing (his passion at the time) and I was going along with him.

As we were sitting in the truck, I looked into the side mirror and saw a DNR officer coming up to the side of the truck (DNR = Dept of Natural Resources--in the state where we lived at the time, this was the group of officers that would check fishing, hunting licenses, etc). So, I immediately thought that they were coming to check to see if we had the proper fishing license. For a moment, I was worried because I didn't have a license, but then I wasn't going to be fishing, so it shouldn't be a problem. The officer walked to my window which was down, looked at me and said "You'd better start praying".

They then went to the front of the truck and started pulling out all of husband's fishing gear. It was all in clear plastic containers, but they were old and scratched up and you could no longer see through the plastic to see what was inside (this will be important later in the dream). As the officers were going through the containers, dh was becoming agitated, and it was only a matter of time until he completely lost his temper.

At this point, I turned around and standing at the end of the driveway were two of my mother's sisters. In my mind, I knew that they could tell dh was about to lose his temper and become irate with the officers. One of them asked me if they wanted me to take him away. I told her no, and that I could handle him.

So, the officers start going through his equipment and they are going to seize some his tackle, because unknown to us, it was illegal (I know this part makes no sense, but in the dream it was sort of like the fishing nets that are no longer allowed in deep sea fishing b/c the turtles get caught in them, so they are no longer legal to use). When I realized what was happening, I turned around and looked at one of my Aunts, calling her by her first name (which I have never done), and told her to come and get my husband. They did so, and from this point on the three of them were not present in the dream.

As soon as my aunts left with my husband, I turned around to see what the officers were doing, only to find that they had replaced every bit of husband's fishing gear with brand new equipment! All of those old scratched up boxes, were replaced with new ones and I could see inside them that they all had new fishing tackle inside. This is where the dream ends.

I am really not sure if this dream has manifested or not...There are some things in our lives that could represent the manifestation of this dream. But, I'd really like to hear others' opinions before I share more. Thank you so much to anyone who takes the time to look over this and give your thoughts!

StumblinMama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream about my husband & fishing (Long)

Post by Mariakitty on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:07 pm

What a cool dream!!

Do you guys have a ministry/gift for evangelism??

It seems like the Lord was giving you all new equipment (gifts) for evangelism (fishing), and he wants you to be transparent in this ministry; above reproach.

This may seem scary at times because it requires letting go of the old equipment or ways of doing things, even having them taken from you (like losing a place in ministry for a season), but when one door closes or something is taken away with the Lord, He always opens a new door or gives something better, or puts you right where you need to be, etc...

In real life, does your husband have an issue with being short-tempered? It almost sounds like there's a season or time of hubby needing to take a "time out" until what the Lord is doing is manifest so that he will be at peace/accept it instead of reacting prematurely to what seems like a "taking away" but really is an upgrade!

(Picture a couple at the airport check in desk...the agent says, "I'm sorry to inform you that you've been bumped out of your (coach class) seats"...The husband throws a nutty without realizing that the next thing out of the agent's mouth was going to be, "so we've upgraded you to business class..."!!! Now if the wife had been there alone and allowed the entire story to unfold before reacting, THEN brought the husband on-board to the new plan, his response would have borne much sweeter fruit!!)

Hope some of this bears witness with your spirit! Many blessings to you and may the Lord Bless you RiCHLY in all things!

Last edited by Mariakitty on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelled)

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by StumblinMama on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:17 pm

Wow. I feel like you just looked right into my heart and pulled things out that I haven't thought about in a very long time. Before we were married and shortly thereafter we were both in ministry (both as singles and as a married couple). But my husband was extremely hurt by a church where he was on staff, and has really never looked back since then. This happened almost 10 years ago, and he has still not totally forgiven those who were involved. He has all but turned his back on God as well, and we are really struggling to hold our marriage and family together. I suppose, I'd given up hope that we'd ever fulfill this calling, but I am reminded that the call of God is without repentance. So, maybe things will turn around some day. You don't know how much this stranger appreciates your insight. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

StumblinMama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by immortalservant on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:35 pm

Not sure if this helps but this is what I get: Seems as if you were fishing for men and using the wrong equipment. Dept of natural resources may mean that you were doing this on your own strength or your own way of thinking. They were going to exchange or use both to compliment the natural resources into supernatural resources. Or the old way of doing it into a new way. Remember when Peter was fishing and was not catching anything that day. Jesus told Peter to go to a different part of the water. This was Peter's business, he had done it for years and here comes Jesus telling Peter how to do his job. But Peter obeyed and the nets were so full the boats started to break readLuke 5:1~11 Peter could've gotten prideful and chosen not to listen and he would've missed out on a miracle. He wouldn't have followed Jesus. You couldn't see the equipment clearly because you had not tapped in to the supernatural ability. It seems maybe your husband would rather rely on his strength or way of doing things than God's way. When we rely on our own strength we can't see clearly and get frustrated possibly losing our temper. And if you were using the wrong net you could've caught something that would hinder you or slow you down (turtle=slow) or your ministry down. Catching turtles is not what you wanted! Your aunt's name or names may have more meaning behind what God is trying to show you so look up the meaning of thier name. Or possibly their personality represents something in the dream. When your aunts' left with your husband you had recieved new revelation or a creative way to fish (witness to) men. The boxes may be gifts or talents that you have and the tackles may be how you "bait" or testify men to the Kingdom of God. When we take something in the natural and use it to glorify God it Supernaturally calls people into the kingdom! There is something that you and your husband have...when you use that to bring people into the kingdom it is going to multiply. Also read 2Kings17:8~16 Elijah asked the widow what do you have? She had to give something to Elijah before she recieved a multitude! Most people would've horded that away for themselves.
Hope it helps

immortalservant

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/refuelignite

Back to top Go down

Post by StumblinMama on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:59 pm

Lots of food for thought! I can't begin to tell you ladies how much this has helped me. I'm very discerning when it comes to others, but not so much when it comes to my own dreams, etc. It is so helpful after all this time to get a different perspective on this dream.

Your aunt's name or names may have more meaning behind what God is
trying to show you so look up the meaning of thier name. Or possibly
their personality represents something in the dream.

That is one part of the dream I've never been able to put my finger on. This makes a lot of sense. I know that this part of the dream is important because I (having been raised in the South:) ) would never call her by her first name. In the dream I said "Rita, come get him!" very forcefully. It wasn't a request. It was a command. I just looked up the origin of her name-- it means "Pearl". Incidentally, it has the same derivative as my oldest daughter's name (I never knew that), so it has the same meaning. My daughter was born shortly after I had this dream, so now I wonder if there's a connection there as well.

In a Biblical context, I immediately thought of the parable of the Pearl of Great Price. As far as my aunt's personality, she is a very independent, strong willed woman who doesn't let anything get in her way. She's also the youngest of my mom's sisters, and we don't have much of a relationship at all, which I find interesting that she would show up in this dream.

The boxes may be gifts or talents that you have and the tackles may be how you "bait" or testify men to the Kingdom of God.

We are both musicians, and my husband definitely has a gift of evangelism. I have a prophetic gift and have, since the time I was about 6 or 8 wanted to be in evangelistic ministry.

Do you guys have a ministry/gift for evangelism??
Going back to this, I just thought of something else. I mentioned in a previous post that my husband was on staff at a church shortly after we were married...In all these years and even at the time, this did not occur to me. But, about 4 or 5 months prior to him taking the position, we were in a prophetic service. We were not even married yet, and the speaker called us up and part of the word he spoke over my husband was that "God's hand is on you for ministry, but it is not for right now". I can now look back and see how we totally ignored this word, when he took the position at the church. As I mentioned previously, this was the start of a major downturn for my husband. He was incredibly hurt and still is all these years later. This event single-handedly turned my husband away from God and the Church.

This has been so insightful! Please keep the ideas coming.

StumblinMama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by immortalservant on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:57 am

I like to look up the meanings of words because even though you think you know the meaning, there may be a differet meaning you never realized was there. I looked up pearl thought this may interest you: the word pearl has become a metaphor for something very rare, very fine, very admirable, and very valuable. Pearls are formed inside the shell of certain mollusks: as a defense mechanism to a potentially threatening irritant such as a parasite inside its shell, the mollusk creates a pearl to seal off the irritation.
Notice your husband was kind of irritated in the dream. You called your Aunt (possibly as a defense mechanism) to protect your husband from being irritated. Hopefully I am not getting off track I just thought it seemed REALLY interesting haha

immortalservant

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/refuelignite

Back to top Go down

Post by Traci 1125 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:38 pm

Hey StumblinMama,
I'm overjoyed here. I am hearing so many dreams pertaining to evangelism. I don't know if your husband realizes it, but if there is one voice the enemy wants to squelch it is the voice of evangelism. Gettin' knocked and beat down comes with the territory. But ya'll (I'm from the South, too) have to keep pressing on. I am not speaking about something that I have no experience with. My husband also is called to evangelism. I lean more towards worship and intercessory ministries. It goes hand and hand. When he goes out I'm praying. Against evil, for the harvest..the souls that are meandering into hell while the church is standing in the corner playing or argueing. We have been knocked down so many times it is unreal! But the Lord always comes and gets us up. I'm praying that the offenses inflicted on your husband so many years ago will settle in his spirit. God is calling him back!!! This apparent by your dream. The church, as a whole, is not saved. But what we have is that remnant working through God's established venue. It is His way. There aren't many that are willing to fulfil God's calling when it comes to this area. There is strength in numbers and Satan knows this...therefore he loves to try to stamp out the joy of those with this calling. Encourage your husband to forget about those old circumstances. I'm praying that he will again recapture his joy and all of this will be healed by our Heavenly Father. He will return to His First Love. The righteous fall 70x7 (that represents innumerable times!) but God always comes to retrieve us!!!! I'm already believing that your husband is on his way back!!!! I'm praying for ya'll.

Remember, the enemy already lost the battle. Jesus smacked him down at Calvary. Just wanted to encourage you to keep believing and praying for your man and what God is doing in the supernatural concerning this.

Traci

Traci 1125

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top