Any thoughts on being barefoot in dreams?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any thoughts on being barefoot in dreams?

Post by Mariakitty on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:36 am

Hi Everyone!

I've had a few dreams lately that I'm barefoot. Does anyone have any ideas as to that symbol? It's really bugging me.

(FYI in each dream, I was either walking on a road or trying to get someplace and it seemed either dangerous, unprotected, or inappropriate to be barefoot - but NOT quite the same as when one has "naked" dreams)

I know according to Ephesians, we are to have out feet shod with the gospel of peace,and I am pretty well certain that I do...but....?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
M

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Any thoughts on being barefoot in dreams?

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:45 am

Well, SHOES are made to protect the feet as we walk! You were walking in a dangerous, unprotected or inappropriate place without shoes on! Depending on how you dream, I wonder if this is prophetic (a possible warning) to 'protect your feet'? Spend some time in prayer, read scriptures on protection and God's covering, and even fast because you dont want to tread on dangerous territory without His protection! Check your walk to make sure you're going the right places you need to go and doing what you need to do! Just some sisterly admonishment!

God bless and pray on what I've said
Desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariakitty on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:36 am

Hi Desiree!

Thanks for the reply. I considered all of those aspects as well, although there isn't anything to my knowledge in my walk (IRL) that would fall into those categories. I guess the context of the symbol in the dream is what more or less would determine the meaning.

In both dreams, I was helping someone else, and it seemed to put me in those kinds of places I described, (dangerous, unprotected, inappropriate not to be wearing shoes).
Perhaps it's a warning about that in the sense of situations to come?
Actually, in one dream, there was this "Compassion Officer" in a police car who stopped while I was helping these people whose car had broken down, and I thought I was going to be in trouble from the "officer". Helping the people had gotten me off track of what my initial mission was...Hmmm....Perhaps that's a warning to me about ministering "helps" to people or in situations that have distracted me from my own mission and call....
The other dream, I was in my home and a delivery man came to the door w/time sensitive package for my old/former neighbors, and the neighborhood had changed so much that I felt I needed to personally bring him to their home, (which getting there was rather complicated and put me into those awkward "should be wearing shoes" situations), again, I got caught up helping someone else with THEIR mission, and it took me out of my own place in this instance....I'm getting more insight as I write this out...

Thanks and if you have other thoughts, I welcome them!!
Blessings,
Maria

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:53 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top