Gasoline thrown in my face

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gasoline thrown in my face

Post by Glad on Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:49 am

Hi everyone
If anyone has an idea about this dream I be very interested to know. Thank you.

I see a gasoline station that I know is frequent by cars and often by big trucks. Decide to fill up the van. I see a line up of 4,5 cars and expect to wait but when I get around the corner I am the only one there. To the right of the station is nothing but empty fields, to the left 2 or 3 big high raises.
My tank is still to 2/3 full but I see that the gas is also quite cheaper here. I have a strainer for some reason (supplied by the station) and the gasoline starts to build up in the large strainer as if the tank was full, but than suddenly all would go down. It keeps doing that. In the strainer I find a few, small particles of dirt, seemed it was already in there before I started to fill the tank but it is by no means enough to account for the difficulties I have filling up the tank. Two youths are standing by the gasoline station watching me, they just seem to be hanging out.
I am done and get in the van to drive off. Realize I forgot to close the cap. I get back around the van (in the dream the cap is on the opposite side of the van) and one of the youth picks up the strainer and throws the rest of the gasoline in my face. I am taken by surprise, but just wipe it off, especially off my lips, conclude it doesnít smell as bad as I thought it, figure next time I will do better and it will not take me as long.
Wake up. I am not upset, it is more like I am still glad I didnít have to taste that gasoline in my mouth.

Blessings, Glad

Glad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gasoline thrown in my face

Post by NeWine on Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:05 pm

ONe side to this dream :

You know, lately I keep hearing about these dreams that have all the same basic components. In fact my husband had one the day before yesterday. And they are all (to me) warning dreams. They go like this:

The dreamer is doing something that is not necessarily out of the norm. Just a natural every day thing. They pull into a parking lot, they go to cross the street, they come out of a building etc.. all of a sudden they find themselves in a "situation" that could mean for them bodily harm, or death.

We are living in serious times, and we must always watch and pray. The scripture says: Be as wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

Be vigilant be sober for your adversary the devil, is like a roaring lion
running to and fro seeking whom he may devour-

I'm thinking about making decisions, also, based on economical pressures. Even though you find yourself alone at this gas station, you continue to go through with getting the gas. You over ride your natural instinct to stay safe. (Safety in numbers). The gas is bad gas so it's not worth it. And then their is the delay factor, one thing after another keeps you there longer then you should be. Another safety issue. (Also, it could be a demonic setup). In the end it turns out, to be not as bad as it could have been, by the grace of God.

It, of course, would have been better to not have happened at all.
I think we can be led by the Lord in all our ways. He says, acknowledge me in all thy ways and I will guide and direct your path.

I can testify that unctions of the Holy Spirit, and dreams in the past 30 years, have kept my self, and my spouse, and our children from many inconveniences and dangers. I really could write a book but and I don't mean to now. Lol!

But dreams can often be a sword with multiple sides. And another more spiritual side to look at, would be that- vehicles often represent our lives, and this whole gas station thing could be about you making a lot of decisions, possibly, based on the economy, or even your spiritual life. I'm here to help you explore those other facets, just let me know. -dee

NeWine

View user profile http://newinepouring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glad on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:22 am

Hi NeWine
I appreciate all your work and thoughts that went into this answer. That is quite a lot. Thank you for your thoroughness.

Just want to add a couple points you brought up as I felt them in the dream; There was no feeling of not being safe, even around those guys. Economical pressure was not the reason for filling up the tank, I have always done that, is more like a habit, I prefer a full tank.

I thought maybe the problem was that my tank was not allowing for the gas to go trough more than - like an air bubble was in it or something that hindered the gas from flowing in?

I agree with you that we are in serious time and must watch and pray. I am glad to hear that God has kept you safe for more than 30 years. We serve an awesome God.

I think I have the most peace with your last paragraph, about decisions made, mostly in my spiritual containing to my daily life.
However, I really do appreciate your input, it will give me a whole new spin on looking at some of my dreams.
Blessings
Glad

Glad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NeWine on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:20 pm

Yes, continue to pray on the dream, Im sure it will all unfold in time.

The fact that you were assaulted in the dream is still concerning to me but the worst that could have come from it did not happen so we thank God for that. in Christ - dee

NeWine

View user profile http://newinepouring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:51 pm

Hello Glad! Just some thougts...not an interpretation..I'm wondering if the car could be symbolic of you and the gas is like being filled up by the Holy Spirit. You know, there is one baptism in the Holy Spirit, but many infillings. The scripture talks about the refreshing times that come from the presence of the Lord. (Acts 3:19, "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;") That's how I view the gas...it's the refreshing presence of God. I often view the presence of God as like a spiritual gas tank. We must spend time there is we want our joy to be made full, which is our strength! (Nehemiah 8:10, "Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength."Psalms 16:11, "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." ) I'm wondering if the Lord is revealing to you that there is a hindrance that is keeping you from spending time in the presence of the Lord to get "filled up". Obviously, you're not running on empty, so you have been spending time there. But, perhaps there is a distraction that has arisen...of not perhaps it's a warning of things to come.

What's interesting then is that these "youths" then throw gas in your face. This could be revealing condemnation or something that is good, but when used improperly and used against you can be a harmful weapon. Gas is great, but it is great only when it's used properly. It can be harmful to your skin, and you especially wouldn't want to put it into your mouth. The Word of God is a "two-edged sword". Depending on what side of the sword you are on, it can either be very healing, or it can wound. Words are like that. I'm wondering if the Lord might be revealing an attack that will be coming against you to keep you from seeking the Lord...or as a result of seeking the Lord. The enemy can work through people, and it may come in this manner. I'm not sure if the youths are literal, or symbolic of something. These are all things to pray about and consider. These are just some thoughts. I hope you find them to be helpful.

Blessings,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Glad on Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:08 am

Hi Sandra
Thank you for your insight. This was very helpful. The joy of the Lord is my strength ... something He has been showing me this year big time.
Yes, I was "concerned" about the hinderance of the gas not flowing in properly, even though I wasn't running on low the gas should have flowed in more freely. But in the end the gas did go in the thank.
Condemnation sits well with me and maybe that hindered the flow in the tank but after dealing with that, the attack (the throwing of gasoline in my face) was not harmful anymore to me - it must have been dealt with because in the end my tank was full.
Thank you so much and may God bless you
Glad

Glad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top