Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cholette

Making a Decision...

Hey everyone!

I've been in much prayer lately regarding my church. I haven't been happy there for the past three years and the only thing that I felt that was holding me there was my job. Well, I've been laid off from my job and to be honest with you, it was the best thing they could have done for me. Being an employee of the church REQUIRED me to be there for different meetings and events and I just hate to be pressured into being a part of everything. I'm normally one who has great tenancity for the ministry I belong to but since three years ago, I haven't been.

I've been praying that God lead me because when I tried to leave last year by looking for another job he gave me this scripture in Acts 1:4:

“Do not leave Jerusalem until the Father sends you the gift he promised, as I told you before.

This scripture leaped off the page at me when I was seeking hard to leave. Now that they have let me go, I'm hoping God will let me leave, but now I'm feeling a sense of confusion. I'm not sure what I"m waiting for. I can't see the Lord allowing me to be a part of a ministry where I'm unhappy...I mean I LOATHE going to this church. I sing in the choir because God told me to go back to the choir, but I haven't heard him tell me to step down.

I'm an analytical person by nature...it's the Accountant in me...so I have a tendency of "overthinking" everything instead of going with what's obvious. I also know that if God has something in this church left for me to do then it would be the devil's job to make me restless and try to leave before my time.

I'm asking for prayer right now. I need the prayer warriors right now because I really need God to make this thing clear to me. I've been told by my pastor and his wife that "I need to stay". They said that I may get out there and the devil will "have his way with me" since I will be outside of his will...would I be? Would God allow that even though I've been seeking Him? Not the God I know. I really don't think it's THAT serious however, I'm not ignorant enough to deny the voice of leadership. I'm not one to take their word OVER God's either, but right now their words are speaking louder to me than anything because I haven't heard God yet.

Prayers and encouragement welcomed!!!!

Definitely praying for your steps to be ordered by the Lord. But Cholette, I don't consider it strange at all that you don't know the next step. I mean, look at how the Lord led Abraham. Telling him to go to a place that Abraham didn't know about. You've trusted Him so far. I pray that no word comes in to confuse you from what the Lord has told you, and where the Lord is leading you. I pray for clear direction from the Word, and peace concerning this time in your walk, Cholette. You know the Lord has destined you for great things.

They said that I may get out there and the devil will "have his way with me" since I will be outside of his will...would I be?

Cholette, this statement is TRUE! When we're outside of God's Will...anything goes. Don't you move until God tells you to move. You hold on to that scripture until it manifests in your life. THAT will be your key to leave. You will know the "GIFT" when you get it. In this passage, he's talking about the gift of the holy spirit.

Think about Paul in Acts Chapters 20 - 21. (I see now I'm not the only one I started this study for yesterday) Just as you, Paul had an assignment in Jeruselem. Your Jeruselem is your church. Paul didn't know what to expect about his journey to Jeruselem except for what the Holy Spirit revealed to him about being imprisoned and suffering. He said his life was worthless unless he used it to do what God had assigned him to do because his top priority was to please God and be in HIS PERFECT WILL.

You've said a great deal in times past about what God has shown you concerning your church (Jeruselem). But there is a reward to come behind your faithfulness to persevere. "Trust in the Lord with all thy heart and lean not to thine own understanding. Acknowledge Him in ALL thy ways and He will direct your path."

Stay in His face Cholette, just as you're doing. I will certainly be in prayer with you concerning this because I KNOW for a fact and from experience that the enemy will do ANY and EVERYTHING he can to pluck you from under a ministry/leader that you're suppose to be under BEFORE it's time!

WOW!!!! Thank you Ladies!!!

I was getting concerned when no one responded to my plea, but I woke up to a couple of prayer warriors this morning and I appreciate that.

V...I know you are right. I'm just not happy and I think that is where the whole thing started for me. I'm not getting anything out of the messages and to me, it's a waste of my time. Like you said, I will know the gift when I receive it and I think I know what it is, based on a prophecy I received several years ago.

Thank you so much ladies for praying with me and encouraging me...may God refresh you when you need to be refreshed.

Guest Guest
Dear Father In Jesus name one more time we reach the throne of the Glory; And the mercy seat to ask you on behalf of my sister,
Lord we know, you know all things before we ask you.
But in your infinite mercy remember us now. In the old days your people Israel when they had a problem or were seeking your face you never turned them back empty.
Your answer was like a refreshing waters to them and in more than one occassion they waited for you to reveal your decision on the problem.
Father shine our path,Shine over my sister's life. Father show her your way,reveal to her your path,your will ,Father. We are your sheeps,the people you bought with a prize,the ones that carried your name.
Father in the name of Jesus protect my sister and send refreshing times to her life, throught your precious word open the hidden treasures you have in heaven and bless us with your mercy.
open those doors you know she need to be complete. Because we know you take delight in the prosperity of your servants.
Father In the precious name of Jesus. We thanked You.because
Our prayer has been heard in heaven..forgive me father because I make this prayer in the open..not to be seen because you know better my heart. Hear us Father in the name of Jesus.
Your people are expecting. Give Glory to your name So others can see that you dwell among us.
Dear Lord I bless your name because you had heard me from heaven.
In Jesus Father, Thank You.
May the Lord Bless You and Keep You
May He shine his face unto you.

(sorry, I lost my DSL access and wasn't in the office yesterday so have been on in 10 minute increments on and off...)

Amen, mb, standing in agreement!

Hi Cholette -

I will definitely keep you in prayer that the Lord would reveal His will to you in this matter in a way that is clear and can't be misunderstood. To me, He's given you a partial release (being let go from your job) but not a complete release. HLB and V are right, this is your Jerusalem but trust that He is working this out and orchestrating something that He will share with you soon.

Blessings,

Lurdys

Cholette,

I totally agree with everyone above. Don't move one inch until the Father gives you clear instructions. The devil is a liar and a thief. Test the spirit when you are instructed to make sure it is the Father you hear. I will keep you in prayer. Remember that all things happen for a reason.....we just may not know that reason for the time being.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Thank you everyone. Once I released this from my heart this morning and made a decision that I would NOT move until God told me to, peace rushed in like a flood. It rushed in so fast that all of a sudden God told me to let my pastor's wife know that I felt strongly that I wanted to resurrect the children's choir. She looked at me with amazement and said that she and pastor were on their face the night before crying out to God to bring back the children's choir and to lay it upon someone's heart. My head began to swim and he eyes filled up with tears and said "God gave us you"...so NOW I am the children's choir director. Later as I was driving home, a OLD prophecy came back to me that said, "There is going to be a strong gifting that is in your life that will surface out of no where and by the spring, it will be so magnificent and so joyful that everyone around will know that you heard from the Lord." Then the prophet said "this gifting envolves children". I TOTALLY forgot about this prophecy until I was driving home because it was well over 15 years ago when I received it. I had to search through my old journals to find it and I did.

Prayer words everyone. I am NO WHERE near where I was when I posted this. Thank you EVERYONE for standing in agreement and pulling on heaven for me. You just don't know how much I appreciate you!!!!!!

WOW Cholette! That is wonderful!!!! I will still pray for you even though I'm a little late.

C this happen to me and then I begin to search and seek the Lord and then he gave me the asnwer and he lead to the church where I am now. God says my sheep knows my voice and a stranger they will not follow. Try the spirit by the spirit. Be still and know that he is GOD. I know you will wait for the Lord. Love ya

im feeling ,that in tha fullness of time u will hava drm where a ''macadonian man '' will call ,an say come over here,,i kno this is not wat othas r saying,,rite now,,but see how this feels sweety,, dweamy,, um tha macadonian man is not the one frm tha golden arches,,

I'm seeing some problems here:

For one legalism jumps right off of this page and slaps you in the face.
Number two: God is not a God of confusion.
Number 3: Out of Gods will. Come on

God speaks in many ways, one way is by circumstances.

There are times when God wants us to stay in a bad situation.
To me it looks more like God is using a situation as long as you are there.

You want God to give you the OK to leave, change your attitude.

By that I mean, can you leave in peace without any bad feelings about the church.
God does not want us divided, however there are different churches for different personalities.
On top of that, as you grow in Christ you may find that you need to find a church that is where you are at, and going.
One Church will not feed your Spirit threw your whole growth.
Churches are at different levels, and each one has something to teach.
Are you growing Spiritually in your Church?
Are you bringing people into the flock?
Is your singing rolling out the red carpet for Jesus? or is it toned down?
Can you give God your best in this Church?

Just food for thought.

I agree with dreamy, just took me more letters to say it.

watch tha shirt tales TF,,i just got them pressed,, ,,i think uve been assimilated in2 the dreamsta collective,,

Thank you LTWJ, TF and D!!!

TF, I 'm not sure that I have an attitude one way or the other regarding this ministry. I just want to leave. I don't think God faults me for my desire to leave...I honestly believe he gave me the desire so that when the time comes, it won't be hard. What I hear over the pulpit is not where I am right now. There are a lot of legalistic things that take place so THAT'S why my inner man is fighting against it.

I won't leave the church with a bad taste in my mouth. The conflict is NOT with the ministry itself, it's with the timing of God. I know I'm not happy there so I was crying out to why must I stay in a situation where I'm uncomfortable. We've all been there, the only difference with me is that it has to do with church.

I'm fine...I've rested in what God has called me to do (as I stated in my previous post).

Thank you D...I believe I know who the "macedonian man" will be...in due season I will reap if I faint not!!!

really,,,i was thinkin it wood be a church leada,,showong u where 2 fellowship,,but that may be 2 easy, dwmy