Defense to Critical Views of Dream Interpretation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Defense to Critical Views of Dream Interpretation

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:03 pm

I am sure that I am not the only one who has heard disturbing opinions regarding dream interpretation. It is my wish that people would obey the bible and only utter only those things that would impart God's grace unto the hearers but as long as we have negative people uttering negative comments it is probably sensible to have a defense of our beliefs and practices.

We have established a biblical basis for dream interpretation , however, that does not put to rest the cultural and social issues prevailing against dream interpretation.

I have heard dream interpretation called a "fad", "fruity", and a host of other negative comments discrediting or insulting the practice but because the Lord has done so much for me through dreams and visions, I am very passionate in its defense. It saddens me that so much of the body of Christ and even the leadership is ignorant and ambivalent toward hearing from God through dreams and visions. These same people likely pray for a vision but haven't even the faith or the passion to hear from God through their dreams. God says if we are faithful in the little He will give us much. If we do not faithfully handle the dreams He is speaking through how can we expect Him to do something which would require even more faith?

Because the Lord has delivered me from absolutely cripping fear, depression and a host of other issues through dreams and visions I am an evangelist for Life in the Spirit. Because dream interpretation IS life in the spirit I have to remind myself that the natural man perceiveth not the things of God. The more that we are a part of this natural world the less likely we are to seek and hunger for the things of the spirit.

Matthew 13:44 (New International Version) The Parables of the Hidden Treasure and the Pearl
44"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.

Is there anything more important than hearing from God? Is not one word from the Throne of Heaven worth everything we own? Shouldn't hearing from God be something we take seriously and seek out? The bible says that if we seek we will find and I believe to the degree that we seek we will find.

If we approach hearing from God through dreams and visions with ambivalence or without faith we are going to get what we invested - nothing. We will reap exactly what we sowed - nothing. But if we approach dreams with anticipation and great expectation toward hearing from God we will reap a harvest of our faith and expecatation. To the same degree that we seek, believe that we will receive, and invest ourselves, will determine the degree that we receive from the Throne of Heaven.

I will be the first to agree that not every dream is from God but I will approach and handle every dream as though it were from God in an effort to give every message from God the honor and esteem that it deserves.

Which do you think will please God more: A person who handled every dream, and went to bed every night, with serious respect, anticipation, enthusiasm and hope that they may receive a message from God OR Do you think that He would be more pleased by the skeptic who has little regard for all that "dream interpretation business" in spite of bible history and knowledge that the most common biblical form of communication between God and man was through dream interpretation.

I believe God would be more pleased with the person eagerly anticipating and seeking every word and message the Lord might utter.

Psalm 119:2 (New International Version)
2 Blessed are they who keep his statutes
and seek him with all their heart.

Although people can get fruity in things of the spirit the tendency of those people to be fruity should not limit us from seeking God through prophecy, dreams, and visions. People who are flaky will continue to be flaky. People who are well balanced will continue to be well balanced.

We, especially those of us manifesting the supernatural through dreams and visiosn, must be well balanced and circumspect in every area so that we can be evangelists for life in the spirit.

The Lord says, "Those who are not walking in the deeper things of the spirit are not the enemy they are the mission field."

We need to constantly be ambassadors for Christ and should always be using the examples of our lives to draw people deeper into the things of God instead of repelling them from the deeper things of Christ. If people can see that it is possible to be completely spirit led and flowing in the supernatural while remaining sane they might be more likely to open their hearts to flowing in the supernatural life in the spirit
Love,

Last edited by Mia on Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:19 pm; edited 10 times in total

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Defense to Critical Views of Dream Interpretation

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:18 pm

such a powerful word MIA!
much blessings to you! So glad that I'm here!
smooches
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:19 pm

I am so glad you are here too, Desiree! Much love. I have been busy writing and get the sites coordinated so don't think I'm ignoring you OR your dreams.

Pray for a speedy finale so I can get to the dream interpretation business!

Love,
flower

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Leora on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:41 pm

Hello and I love you guys so much. Just wanted to give you some encouragement: 2 Corinthians 2:14-17.

VICTORY THROUGH CHRIST

But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ's victory parade. God uses us to spread his knowledge everywhere like a sweet perfume. Our offering to God is this: We are the sweet smell of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are being lost.
To those who are lost, we are the smell of death that brings death, but to those who are being saved, we are the smell of life that brings life. So who is able to do this work? We do not sell the word of God for a profit as many other people do. But in Christ we speak the truth before God, as messengers of God.

You all have been a real inspiration to me; it's a big relief to be able to talk to someone about a dream. The Lord has been telling me for a long time about scary movies (yes movies are my weakness). Your eyes are the windows to your soul and besides why should we force The Holy Spirt to watch that hog wash. I'm looking up verses to compare them to my dreams and I'm on this site all the time. I am also going to start going out and passing gospel tracks to people. So, guess what that means - less T.V.

Thank you and God Bless!

Love,

Leora

Leora

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:08 pm

WOW WOW WOW LEORA

Daphanie and I were JUST talking about how we don't do this for money, that we do this with all our hearts to minister to God's people for free as the things of the Kingdom should be.

So that word is a so timely it's like being delivered bread in the morning and bread in the evening. God is so good to deliver His word to refresh His people.

Thank you Father!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:15 pm

WOW Leora! What an increadibly annoited message! Praise God!!! So Glad youre here! Thank you for that!!!
Daph

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:19 pm

thanks for telling me that Mia...I know you haven't forgotten about me!!lol...yes, I will pray that God does a speedy work!
smooches

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:29 pm

:easter:

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:51 pm

You guys are so awesome! I love that you are so God centered. What a witness!!!!!!!!!:clap: I have had many people say they interpret but they are really grasping at straws. Most of the time they are critical of people in public. Our first gift given to us is to encourage each other. All of you are so careful to be an encouragement and you truly excel in that. Because you are so so sensitive to the Holy Spirit your interpretations are right on target. I love you guys. You have no idea how much you have encouraged me in my personal walk with the Lord. As a Minister it is sometimes difficult to get an encouraging WORD, if you know what I mean. So again my many thanks!

God Bless and keep you,

Dove Solutions

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:29 pm

What a SWEET SWEET SWEET POST! We love you too, Connie, and we are SO happy you are part of the group!

:bighug:

Love,

Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:15 pm

Dove solutions:
i am tearing up right now!!!lol...that was very sweet, Glad you're apart of the family now!!
smooches
desiree kiss

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:23 pm

:giggle:

Desiree,

We really have to think scratching chin up some kind of cuteness award for you. I am not even kidding.

thumbs

Love,

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:28 pm

rofl awwww! Mia, you continue to leave me speechless!!!lol...You really know how to encourage someone!
Here's a kiss and a "noozle" (touching noses) for you too!lol kiss huggins

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:45 am

I am very happy to be here. I love you guys and pray for each of you every day. If you have any prayer requests, let me know.

Huggies and lovies huggins kiss

Connie
Dove Solutions

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:22 am

Thanks!

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:11 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top