~A house on fire and my dad

View previous topic View next topic Go down

~A house on fire and my dad

Post by SheBelieves on Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:58 pm

I had this dream last night.

I was sleeping in a house (not a house I know). I woke up to the house full of smoke. I looked outside and saw a house on fire down the street and the firemen were there putting it out, but it was still engulfed in flames. I ran into the living room and dad was sleeping in a recliner. I woke him up to tell him there was a fire and smoke in the house. He shrugged and said "Well, it's being taken care of, why are you worried? I'm not." and went back to sleep.

My husband told me he thought that the dream meant one of two things:

Dad in the dream represented God and I am not to worry because He has it control (even tho it was the firemen, not my dad, who were taking care of it). If so, I am not sure what I am not supposed to worry about?!

or

My dad in real life is in his mid-70s and is not caring about his business and things he normally used to and this could be confirmation of that.

SheBelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ~A house on fire and my dad

Post by dreamster on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:57 pm

hmmm thats kinda scary,,i think ur feeling a little uneasy about it,,um u maybe affected by the firs wiv smoke damage,,um ur dad mite be unaware of the consequences,,,um in a form of denial,,about his present circumstances,, D

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:17 pm

yes, very scary indeed. I think of Psalms 91 for some reason when I read that.
Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. [a]
2 I will say [b] of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwellingó
even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."

Even so, I pray it is as such with your father!!!In Jesus.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:24 am

grt scrip.. ,,,,,D

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:40 am

Just thoughts, not an interpretation...

When I read this dream, I felt like your father was oblivious to urgent things around him yet he is protected, there are others who will handle the situation despite his lack of awareness. However, these are things that he should be handling as they have an impact on others (the house you were in was smoke filled from the fire in his house even though it's down the street)...

When you said that your father isn't taking care of his business, did you mean his life responsibilities or does he really have a business? If so, those other houses may represent the other businesses that he does business with and the one that you were in might be a business that is most impacted since it wasn't your house....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:28 pm

That's good and so discerning, LOla. so true that our actions impact others, whether good, bad, or seemingly impartial and indifferent.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:31 pm

That's why we need a multitude of counselors!!!

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SheBelieves on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:37 am

lola21st wrote:Just thoughts, not an interpretation...

When I read this dream, I felt like your father was oblivious to urgent things around him yet he is protected, there are others who will handle the situation despite his lack of awareness. However, these are things that he should be handling as they have an impact on others (the house you were in was smoke filled from the fire in his house even though it's down the street)...

When you said that your father isn't taking care of his business, did you mean his life responsibilities or does he really have a business? If so, those other houses may represent the other businesses that he does business with and the one that you were in might be a business that is most impacted since it wasn't your house....

Hi Lola

My dad does own a business. He is basically retired from it and I have taken it over. There are things I think are very important and need his input, but he just seems to "blow them off".

SheBelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:01 am

oooh, that explains why the smoke is in the house that you're in and why you weren't familiar with the house...and why he's asleep in his own house...I see each house as your businesses - his house is the one that he retired from and he's through with it now...the house that you're in is is this business that is now your business. You've taken it over now but are still becoming familiar with all the processes/relationships/nuances/etc. You smell smoke because you're impacted by his reluctance to be involved anymore and in this stage, it's easy for him to blow stuff off because he knows that in the end, it will get taken care of...that's a tough situation... bandaid ...but on the other hand, it's full of opportunity...also, is it possible that he is taking a 'hands off' approach because he trusts your ability to handle the business (perhaps more than you trust yourself?) - yes, it is a 'sink or swim' period but at the same time maybe he trusts in your abilities and problem solving skills, knowing that you'll work your way through any situation successfully...while it's kind of a pain for you right now(it'll either take longer to reach a decision than it would for him to provide an answer and/or you'll have to take some 'hits' along the way), in the end it will be an excellent growth experience... flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SheBelieves on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:18 pm

lola21st wrote: ...but on the other hand, it's full of opportunity...also, is it possible that he is taking a 'hands off' approach because he trusts your ability to handle the business (perhaps more than you trust yourself?) - yes, it is a 'sink or swim' period but at the same time maybe he trusts in your abilities and problem solving skills, knowing that you'll work your way through any situation successfully...while it's kind of a pain for you right now(it'll either take longer to reach a decision than it would for him to provide an answer and/or you'll have to take some 'hits' along the way), in the end it will be an excellent growth experience... flower

WOW Lola! You hit it head on! :clap:

I was talking to dad today. He said almost exactly the underlined part of your quote. He said he trusts me completely. Since it is so new to me, I am continually doubting myself every step of the way, wanting to run it by him. He was sooooooo successful at it, and I feel like a fish out of water. It annoyed me that the house was burning, ours was full of smoke and he just shrugged.

Thank you so much!

SheBelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:41 pm

To God be the glory!

You're going to be fine - your father wouldn't have given the business to you unless he trusted that you could handle it...otherwise, he would be checking in constantly... lol!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:51 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top