Trust Me, I Can Do It!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trust Me, I Can Do It!

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:41 pm

I had a dream a few nights ago that involved an old friend that I am in the process of ministering to. I would appreciate any insight that anyone receives, as I am still praying about this dream.

Dream 09-09-09

I was with my old friend "S" and we were getting ready to go somewhere. It was now time to leave and I was dressed and ready to go, but "S" was going to mow my grass for me. I went and told him that it was time to go. He said he needed to mow my grass. I told him, "Don't worry about it! I'll mow it myself tomorrow," and took him by the hand. He seemed pleased and we left.

Next scene -- I was with my old friend "S" and some other people playing a game of baseball. I was batting and hadn't done it in many years. I was relearning how to hold the bat. I hit the ball lightly and it flew just passed the first baseman, and I ran to first base just before he arrived back to the base with the ball. I was safe. Then I was up to bat again. This time my friend "S" was the pitcher. I was talking to him and the other people there with us about how when we played baseball as children "S" would have to hit the ball for me. (IRL this is true. We would have neighborhood baseball games or kickball games, and someone else would always bat for me, or kick for me because I was so bad at it, and I would do the running to the bases.) "S" pitched the ball to me standing not very far from me at all, and pitched it slowly and meticulously as to cause the ball to literally hit my bat. All I would've had to do was swing the bat and the ball would've gone flying. But, I did not swing at all and the ball fell to the ground. I knew that this would be a "strike". I did not like the fact that "S" didn't trust me to be able to hit the ball for myself, and felt like he had to help me in this manner. I knew that I could do it, and wanted him to trust that I could do it and not help me out in this way. End of dream!

Back to top Go down

Re: Trust Me, I Can Do It!

Post by dreamster on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:52 am

i think u hav part of the answer 2 this at the end sweety,,is he an old boyfrend?? um is he pitching 2 u,,?? D

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:34 am

Hello D! Actually, this particular friend up until this time has barely spoken to me. God's given me an assignment to minister to him and to his family as he's going through a very difficult season right now. But, at the present time he is not really "letting me in". However, I do believe this dream is prophetic -- showing me things to come. Anything is possible, I guess. I'll continue to pray on it. Thanks for your input, D!

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:58 am

Does the fundamentals of baseball (literally) apply to the relationship you had/have with "S" or the assignment?

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:12 am

Hello V! Yes, I would say it does. I feel like I'm literally making progress one base at a time, so to speak, and learning as I go. Do you have any insight you want to throw my way?

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:27 am

Yes, Sandra...I do. What I want to share with you is not exactly an interpretation but some fundamentals that stick out to me about the game. I think if I share those, you will be able to apply it to the dream and it will give you a little more insight. It's a lot that is coming to me so I'll have to get it together and come back...K?

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:40 am

One more question that just popped up as I was writing...

Was there anyone else on bases?

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:49 am

Hi V! No! I didn't see anyone else actually playing the game, to be honest with you. The "other people" that were there were all kind of observing or watching. And, the only base I ever saw involved was when I hit the ball the first time and ran to first base. I never even saw me make it all the way home, before I was back at bat again. I just "assumed" that I did, because I also never saw me get an "out". Thanks for sharing with me. I'm looking forward to hearing your insight...

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:12 pm

I was relearning how to hold the bat.
From my experience, holding the bat comes natural. It only becomes something to be taught if you are trying to "place" the ball (hit it to a certain part of the field).
I hit the ball lightly and it flew just passed the first baseman, and I ran to first base just before he arrived back to the base with the ball. I was safe.
If you hit the ball lightly and it flew "just" passed the first baseman, it didn't go very far. It would've taken little or no effort for the first baseman to get the ball and return to the base to put you out. IRL - In order to make it to the base (safe), either you had "cheetah-speed" or the player fumbled the ball before heading back to first. This play was too close for comfort.
"S" pitched the ball to me standing not very far from me at all, and pitched it slowly and meticulously as to cause the ball to literally hit my bat. All I would've had to do was swing the bat and the ball would've gone flying.
Coaches do this (especially with beginners) to build confidence in the player about hitting the ball. The slower it is, the longer you have to watch (see) it come over the plate. Thus the saying, "See the ball...Hit the ball. You have to see it to hit it." The more they hit the ball, the further back the coach steps. The more they hit the ball, the more force the coach put behind the pitch.
I did not like the fact that "S" didn't trust me to be able to hit the ball for myself, and felt like he had to help me in this manner. I knew that I could do it, and wanted him to trust that I could do it and not help me out in this way.
I think "S" is trusting you by giving you the opportunity to hit it instead of trying to hit it for you.

Darn it...gotta go. I just got an assignment to complete for my job...be back in a bit.

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:56 pm

hmm ur relearning 2 engage ur frend again,,ur treading litely,,u hava long tme connection,,s will throw u a ''ball'',but u wont bat it,,he may over compensate 4 u as u get in2 tha game of things,,,u mite end up at first base,, um batter up.. captin D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:25 pm

Holy Cow, D! Wow! You are RIGHT ON! I'm stunned right now!

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:29 pm

wat kan i say,,um glory 2 me...doh,, i mean jesus,, ,,, um holy cows r idolitry sweety,,just 2 let u kno,, humble D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:37 pm

Thanks for setting me straight about the idolatry, D! What would I do without you?

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:45 pm

um most ppl hava ''D'' ficancy in there lives,,wivout me,, u kood sacrifice those sacred cows an we kood hav t bone steak 4 tea,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:04 am

D, you are a hoot my friend!

V, thank you for all of the baseball info! It has really help me. I appreciate you, girl!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:19 am

I'm feelin the love in this forum...

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:44 am

I am too, Cholette! Isn't it great!

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:53 pm

girl???,,,,, , um nope.. D,,,altghough frm tme 2 tme i feel tha love,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Hey...D!....Ummm...you're not the "girl" I was referring to!!! Look at the post again, Sweetie! I was talking to "V", as in VIRTUOUS!!! She is a girl!

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:36 pm

, Dreamster...you are a mess!!!!!

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:46 pm

i didnt see tha V,, well it wasa good larf,, um V ur rite im very messy...

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:37 pm

Dreamy,

Do you feel the love

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:45 pm

sure everyday,, ,,,do u feel the larfs???

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:21 pm

I sure do....

But they are good ones!!!!

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:38 pm

,,,i guess ima medicine 2 all who partake of me,,,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:29 am