FROM CUBICLE TO OFFICE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FROM CUBICLE TO OFFICE

Post by Virtuous on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:06 am

This is a long one...HELP!

One of the ladies (call her A) in the building I work in went to another building. (This happened IRL) One of the other ladies (call her E) who work in the front, moved into her office. She only stayed there for a very short while. All of a sudden, I was asked to move out of my cubicle and into the office and the other lady moved into my cubicle. (IRL, I work in a cubicle but deep down in side I want this office that has a door!!!!!!!! ) The office was HUGE and seemed to be an executive-style office . (IRL, the office is just a regular office nothing immaculate not in the same part of the building as in the dream) The office was located between my supervisor (call him B) and his supervisor (call him W) offices. There were three doors to my office. One was on the right which led to Bs office. One was in the front (middle) leading to the main hallway of the building. One was on the left leading into a short hallway to Ws office. Im feeling like Ive been moved to this office and doing my same job duties for my supervisor but not for long. Im feeling like this move is going to bring a promotion. I closed the doors to the office and started straightening things up. E comes in and says something to the effect that J (the lead man over W and B) doesnt want the doors to be closed. Im like, This is my office. I can close the doors if I want to. (IRL, the office doors in this building are always open except for the Office Manager. It seems to be a big deal about the doors being openIDK NTway) I see J walking down the hall with papers in his hands taking them to various people. (IRL, this is what he does when he comes to the building usually after hes signed off on them) I remember somewhere along in the dream, As supervisor comes in and congratulates me on the move to the office. (IRL, hes been getting me to do work for him until he finds a replacement for her. He told me last week that he likes my job performance. Hes been encouraging me to apply for other classifications that he thinks I will work well in and has offered to help me. I have seen promotion all over this man. I even had a dream that he was being promoted before I saw promotion on him) As I was cleaning the office, I saw that W had slipped and opened my door. Im feeling he actually doesnt want me to close my door. I closed it again. Every time I closed it. He opened it. He never did it when I was looking and I never closed it if he was looking. He came in and sat down in my office. He began to tell me that Madison County was watching us and said that this side of the building was too loud. As if to say, They are watching us so we need to keep it down so they wont have anything on us. There was an employee standing by the door (in the break room but it was almost like she was right up on us) wanting him to do something that needed to be done. He got quiet and acted as if he didnt want her to hear what he was saying. He asked her what she needed and she said she needed his finger print. She had a BUNCH of white cd paper covers in her hand. He pressed his finger (I cant remember if it was his thumb or a finger) on some ink and begins to put his finger print (signature?) on each cd cover. The dream immediately switches to me straightening up the office again. There is a chair (you know the ones that dont have a back all the way across it that usually has an ottoman in front of ita lounge chair?) I was changing the covers on it then its no longer the lounge chair, but a sofa, then a bed?! But all along, Im changing covers on it. I begin to move things around on my desk. I say to myself that I want the desk and the chair moved to another spot because I dont want my back towards the door. Scene changes again and one of my friends (Office Manager in another building) comes to visit me and we begin to talk about something (I cant remember) and all of a sudden there is A doing something with another co-worker (job related). A speaks to my friend but she only looks at me. I look at her and dont speak but I sense that shes not too happy for me to be in the office. I say, hey, mama (IRL, thats what we say when we greet each other) and she spoke back. Then its time for lunch. My office seems to have the kitchen in it now on one side of it - THAT'S how HUGE this office is. It seems that we are preparing an office lunch that no one seems to have been aware of like it is a surprise or something. I see HUGE bags of butterbeans, and HUGE bags of half ears of corn. (When I say HUGE bags, I mean these were HUGE bags like Crocker sacks but they were clear bags) I say, Ill be eating in the office today. I wont have to spend any money on lunch. No, I forgot. I brought my lunch. I made spaghetti last night. (IRL, I made spaghetti last night for dinner!)

I know there is more but I cant remember the rest. My baby got out of his bed last night and woke me up during the dream to get in the bed with me.

Any ideas?

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FROM CUBICLE TO OFFICE

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:09 pm

Hello V! As I read this dream, immediately what came up in my heart was that there is some respositioning that is about to take place in your work-life, and it includes a promotion for you. This is the scripture backing for this promotion: (Psalms 75:6, "For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.") In other words, it comes from the North! Promotion comes from God. I believe there is much insight in this dream as to exactly what the promotion could mean for you: It may literally be an executive position. It may literally be a step above your current supervisor, and a step below his current supervisor. I can't say for sure, but that does seem to be what the dream reflects. But, I do know it is a promotion!

I think this new position is going to require some "cleaning up" on your part. I don't know in what way, but you are cleaning up in the dream, and I feel you'll be cleaning up in this new position. I believe you're going to be taken into some confidences that you are currently not involved with by office leadership.

The whole dynamic of wanting to close the door, and your boss wanting it open is interesting. I wonder if there's some opportunity or project that they are going to want you to be "open to", that you will want to be "closed to" for whatever reason. You're not outright telling your boss that you have closed the door, and he's not outright commanding you to open it. But, there seems to be a battle of the "doors" going on between the two of you. It'll be interesting to see how that manifests.

The bags of food at the end of the dream remind me of "harvest time". I believe this is a harvest that is manifesting that you have been sowing towards for some time. I'm sure there is much more in this dream, but I just wanted to throw these few things out to you for prayer and thought!

Love in Jesus,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:58 pm

Yes, glory to God. How exciting. We cannot wait to hear the God news, Prov. 31.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:49 am

Sandra,

Guuuuuuuuurl, once again...you are right on target!

Everthing you have said agrees with my spirit BIG time! I was talking with my mom about this and the first thing that came to her was "harvest time" as well. She also said that there is A LOT in this dream and that it needed to be dissected. She told me this on Saturday. (I told her I was going to ask you to take a look at it and tell me what you thought because you KNOW how to dissect a dream ) So what you have said confirms what she said! She was especially wondering about the 3 doors in the office.

I also told her I remembered counting the bags of butterbeans and the ears of corn. I can't remember how many bags of the butterbeans I counted (I counted them first). But when I started to count the bags of corn, more of them appeared out of nowhere. They kept coming in.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It WILL be interesting how this dream manifests and TRUST me, I will share the testimony with you all!!!!!

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:36 am

Yay! I'm so glad you were blessed, V! I can't wait to hear the wonderful testimony!

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:50 am

Thanks, Sandra!

Let me know if you get anything else! Im in HIGH expectation of this being manifested soon!!!!!!

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:07 am

Hey girlie!
First of all I just wanted to ask, "does the supervisor that kept closing the door--is he a little too concerned about his image or what others think about him?"

I wonder if there is somebody trying to block or hinder your progress in some type of way?

I definitely see the dream as you 'moving around' and 'finding your place' amidst the chaos.

Please pray on what I've said
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:11 am

No, he doesn't come across as being concerned about his image or what people think of him. He's NOTHING like that.

I am still pondering over the significance of, just as Sandra has said, battling over the door.

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:22 pm

Just a thought, V...

Are you 'open' at work? Some people socialize a lot, network a lot, share their ideas...these are the 'watercooler' people...they're good at their job but they're also good at understanding the workplace politics and they stay connected to key players in the workplace and do well as a result because of the 'behind the scenes' knowledge that they are privy to. Also, since it's your boss' who keep opening your door, it may be that they want to develop a two way communication, coach you, develop you. If your doors are closed, you can concentrate on your job and handle internal matters but you don't get to interact and socialize, and be part of the larger group (or at least connected to the 'network') and/or receive these coaching/developing opportunities...these are as much a key to one's success as being able to do the functional tasks as you move up the mgmt ladder...maybe the Lord is showing you that in this new executive role, that 'openness' will be part of the new job expectation? Or that there is an order that is established that you'll need to follow in order to be successful in that setting?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:42 pm

Are you 'open' at work? Some people socialize a lot, network a lot, share their ideas...these are the 'watercooler' people...they're good at their job but they're also good at understanding the workplace politics and they stay connected to key players in the workplace and do well as a result because of the 'behind the scenes' knowledge that they are privy to.
Yes, this is me to the "T"!
Also, since it's your boss' who keep opening your door, it may be that they want to develop a two way communication, coach you, develop you.
The person who keeps opening the door is my supervisor's supervisor. But what you have said makes a whole lot of sense.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:31 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top