2 part dream, being slapped on face by pastor's wife

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 part dream, being slapped on face by pastor's wife

Post by amandamckie on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:38 am

Hello, I had a 2 part dream last night. The first part I dreamt I was with the pastors wife, she asked could my son by quiet (not sure why, she needed quiet anyway)I shut him up, only then I noticed her own son and another child were making a noise, of a different kind, but still noisy. She then said she didn't need them to be quiet only my own son. I felt upset by this and said it was unfair, she then started slapping me on the face. It wasn't very hard, but enough to get me angry and upset. I didn;t retaliate and felt as though I shouldn't. It was almost as if she was trying to upset me. Then I had a 2nd part, in which I was with 2 women doing something new. There were lots of computer around and we had to use 1 of them. (Incidentally the computer's didn;t have screens, it was just the computer part of them). The 1 that was picked was run by battery and the rest electricity, I was concerned that it wouldn;t run on battery, but was reassured that it would and they went to start it up. Meanwhile, I asked if they would like a glass of wine, they said yes, so I went into a small kitchen like room and started pouring out 3 glasses of wine, there were 2 clean glasses already and I had to wash a third, and also had to open a new box of wine, to fill up the 3 glasses. This seemed to take a bit of preparation. Finally the 3 glasses were filled with white wine. That was it! Any ideas gratefully welcomed. Amanda

amandamckie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 part dream, being slapped on face by pastor's wife

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:01 pm

Hello Amanda! Many times children in dreams are symbolic of things we have birthed spiritually speaking. It could be anything from relatiosnhips to ministries to actual children, depending on what we have been standing in faith and believing God for according to His Word -- whatever you're passionate about. These are typically things that are extremely close to our hearts. In the context of your dream, since it involves your pastor's wife, I'm wondering if it could be symbolizing a ministry or calling of God on your life in some area. Is there anything currently going on where you feel like you are being stifled in an area of ministry? It must have been very upsetting to have to correct your child for making noise, and then the pastor's wife's children made noise and that was okay. That would seem very unfair. However, you correctly discerned that it would not be wise for you to fight back in the flesh. God is our justifier and vidicator. I think this is important to note because if you have not already felt this way in your waking life, this dream could be showing you that a time will come when you do, and this is the proper way to handle it when it comes. We do not need to vindicate ourselves. Sometimes the pastor's wife can be symbolic of the church, if she is not a literal symbol for you here. These are just some things to consider. The face is usually a symbol of your very presence or the expression of who you are. When we think of people, we think of their faces. In scripture when it talks about seeking God's face, it is referring to being in His presence. (Psalms:27:8, "When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.") So, to me this is like a "slap in your face". It was meant to sting you and it did! The thing to remember is that we don't wrestle with flesh and blood...our enemy is the devil -- not people! (Ephesians 6:12, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.")

The second part of the dream...wine in scripture symbolizes several things: Communion/fellowship, or the blood of Jesus. In this context you were serving and preparing so I'm wondering if this has to do with fellowshipping with other believers. If you tie it in with the first scene, perhaps it has something to do with a home ministry group, or prayer group, or some other kind of group within the church that you feel led or called to serve in/participate in. This could be something "new" that you've not done before, since in the dream you were doing something new.

The thing with the computers is interesting. To me computers are a way of gaining information via the internet, communicating with others (via internet, e-mail, instant message, etc.) and storing information. While you had the processor to work with, you did not have the screen to show the work. So, it's like you have a piece of the puzzle, but not the complete system to accomplish your goal. It's also interesting that this computer was run by a battery and not electricity. Although you are reassured that it will run, I believe your concern is legitimate because even if the computer does run on the battery, it's not going to run for long before the battery will run out and will have to be replaced. A computer would suck a lot of power out of a battery. So I feel like whatever this new thing is that God is calling you into, God is revealing to you here that there are going to be some challenges and obstacles to overcome. There are going to be certain pieces provided, and others that are not provided that will have to be obtained. The power system that is being provided is also not ideal. There's a better way of running a computer than on a battery. If there is nothing going on currently in your life where any of this fits, I believe God could be showing you things to come. It is likely that when you start to see manifestations of this dream, the dream will click and you will suddenly understand exactly what God was trying to show you. In the meantime, these are just my thoughts. Please pray on what I've shared.

Blessings,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top