Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
celestial.butterfly

Becoming spiritually weak...

It has taken me a lot to do this, but I might as well swallow my pride and request prayer. Since I've returned to work (I'm an educator, so I was off during the summer), I feel myself lapsing spiritually. This summer I was so joyful and now it has turned to loneliness, despair, frustration, sadness, anger, hurt ect.

What happened to my joy? Would you believe that I was flat broke, but still I was so joyful in the Lord. I really didn't go any where because I didn't have enough gas in my car, but I was so joyful in the Lord. No, I don't have a beau, but I was so joyful in the Lord. I didn't have or do anything fun by the world's standards, but I was so happy.

I've been back at work for three weeks now, and Satan has been jabbing at me pretty hard. I consider myself to be a strong person, but honestly it's really becoming unbearable.

Now I go home and cry at night because I'm so sad, hurt and tired. I've been still in the Lord (but obviously I must continue to be still longer). I'm at my breaking point and I do cast my cares on God-- its' just tiring.

I have all these desires that I pray for God to remove from my heart, my mind, but these desires remain. I have these desires that I don't understand. IDK if they are from God or if they are my desires. I don't want to do it my way- seriously, I don't. Nothing is evil or anything like that; they're just burning desires that will not go away.

Some days I wish that I didn't remember my dreams, because I don't always understand what it is that God is trying to tell me. Am I not praying correctly or talking to God correctly? IDK

I'm going to stop here because I'm frustrated just typing this and my eyes are welling up...

Please pray me. I am struggling.

Guest Guest
May the Lord Bless You and keep You Sister
Your tears soon will be transformed into joy...the journey might look hard and the hope dead,but nothing is impossible for God.
Nothing!!
Father I come to you with thanksgiving and praise .
To beg you on behalf of my sister,Father you created man and woman to honor you.
To be happy with a companion on this earth...We know you thought about everything when you made us.
Blessed be your name Father, Please see tonight the need of my sister, and remember her with mercy ..tonight allow her to see what you have prepared for her,
Increase her faith..put a song on her mouth,,Save her.
Shower her with all kind of blessings from heavens
guard her soul and your holy spirit bring the speedly answer need it in this moment.
Lord you have been our dwelling place throught all generations
before the heavens were created you were God
Help her and give rest to her soul.
Bring joy to her life and peace to her home..Father in Jesus name I beg You..
I Thank You Lord because you heard this prayer and thank You for the answer my Lord..
Give Glory to your name..For ever and ever .
Amen

bandaid um sweety thats sad news,,all i kno is everyone is goin tru the mill ,,u r not alone,,all i can say is the trials of our faith works persaverance,,,a awful scripcha,, lol!,,,but thats wats goin dwn,,i hope ur situ changes soon,,mine 2,, lol! ,,stay close 2 the site,,draw frm it ,, 👏 flower huggins D

Hmmm...CB...like Dreamy said, so many people going through right now. There is an extreme attack against God's people right now. The only thing I can say is that you have to fight to stay in the Word of God because it's your lifeline. As much as I LOVE the Word of God...I've been struggling myself to stay in it. There is a fight to keep up out of the Word, but I made up my mind that no matter what, I am going to FIGHT so I can get ALL that God has for me.

Be encouraged my sister...God is STILL in the midst. Rise up in the authority that God has given to you and look to the hills from whence cometh your help...Your HELP comes from the Lord!!! When you are focused on something outside of yourself, you feel better. I'm ALWAYS reminded of Peter...as long as he kept his eyes on the Lord, he was able to rise above the water. The moment he took his eyes off of the Lord, he began to sink. We are sinking in discouragement and despair because our eyes are NOT on the Lord.

You are not praying wrong prayers...rest in your desires...don't worry whether they are of God or not. The Bibles says that when you delight yourself in the Lord...HE GIVES you the desires of your heart... I see that has he puts the desires there that need to be there. Why fight against that? If they are not going away, then maybe he wants them there. You may need to ask God to change your focus. I usually step out and start ministering to other people...that DEFINATELY takes the focus off of self.

I will be praying for you!!! flower huggins

My sister i feel ur pain! I sincerely do. I desire a man who'd care 4 me and my son, treat us well. I desire a loving home environment with peace and stability, being able to provide4 my son. I've had dreams from God and promises in the word from God about my situation just waiting4 the manifestation of them. As i wait my soul is weary and cast down but as sister Cholette stated all we have is our Father in heaven. So lets keep asking for His strength

Isaiah 40:31(Amp)
"But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power. They shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired."

I was going to save this until it is completed but I don't think the Lord would immediately bring this scripture up in my spirit as I read your post if He didn't want me to share what I have thus far.

Wait = to be available or in readiness; anticipate; look forward to; to remain or rest in expectation.
Upon = in or into complete or approximate contact with; affixed to, against, attached to, in, next to, on top of
Shall = will have to, is determined to, or definately will; must; is obligated to; something that is inevitable; to have to.
Mount = to go up; climb; ascend; to raise or put into position for use; to arrange for display; to rise or go to a higher position, level degree, etc; ascend; increase, grow, deepen, enhance, enlarge.
Wings = Figurative of freedom and strength from God.
Eagles = Represents the quality and character of God's Sovereignty.

"But celestial.butterfly, remain or rest in expectation affixed to the Lord definately will renew her strength; she is determined to be raised and put into position for use up with freedom and strength as the quality and character of God's SOVEREIGNTY; she is obligated to run and not be weary; she will have to walk and not faint.

We are in the time and season of restoration and an outpouring of God's spirit upon all flesh. Do Not allow the enemy to still your JOY OF THE LORD which is your strength.

That was so awesome Virtuous! You helped me also, because I have went through the same thing as celestial.butterfly. I was told too, that God is doing a major work in His people also. Keep the faith celestial, God is with you...Remember he makes your weakness your strength! God Bless.

So have I and the devil is a LIAR! Not on my watch will he ever get away with this!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! We've got some TRUE prayer warriors in this forum because my joy has been restored! I thank all of you for your prayers. It means so much to not only me but to the Lord.

I just want to let you all know that I prayed for myself too and read my Bible, even when I didn't feel like it (I just forced myself and did it!)

I am still weathering a storm, but I am at peace and my joy in the Lord is restored.

Actually, God has drawn closer to me and I have as well.