Glorious Return of Christ and the devil is furious (dream)!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by miltond on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:52 am

Following is a dream that I had on 8/5/08 (over a year ago, but have total recall of the dream).

My father-in-law and I were exiting a building. I looked up at the sky and saw that it was very dark, the clouds were churning and there was a huge cloud formation that
looked like God was sneering down at the earth. I turned to Dad and said, “What if Jesus was to come back now…” Dad looked up at the sky and I looked up as well and we saw that the clouds had gotten much lower (almost to the point where we could jump up and touch them) and Dad said, “I think He’s coming now!” I looked up and high in the sky was Jesus, wearking a white robe with a red outer cloak. He slowly descended to the earth right next to us. His eyes were very intense. I called out His name in surprise and He looked at me and smiled and walked away. I was able to see Jesus’ face clearly. He had a strong jaw with a beard. At first, there was an intensity in His eyes; they shone with purpose, but when I called out His name, they softened and He smiled.

Dad and I entered another building and there were many people milling about. As we stood there, a kind of short, stocky man with a full white beard, wearing the same colors as Jesus came up to Dad and started talking to him. He seemed to be telling Dad to do something. Dad nodded and walked away and out of the dream. I called out to the people standing around, “Who was that man? Was that Nicodemus?”. No one answered. I asked again later and was told that the man was God Himself!

In another room there were many banquet tables set up with all kinds of food as if a huge feast was taking place. There was almost every kind of food that you'd craved on this table. If there was something that you wanted, but didn’t see, if you just thought it, you could scan further down the table and it would be there.

There were all kinds of children there including my oldest daughter and my niece. I knew in the dream that the people in this room were all saved. A man appeared who was obviously not for Christ. He reached out and tried to grab one of the “saints” (those who were for Christ) and his hand instantly burned off and turned to dust.

Later, I was in another room and a man wearing a leather outfit transformed into a demon just outside of a circular window. He made some threats of violence against me, but I told him that he was going to burn in hell. He turned green and sprouted wings and attempted to fly through the circular window, but got stuck and couldn’t get out.

There were long tables where many people were seated, talking and eating. At the end of one table was a woman who reminds me of an aunt with whom I have never been really close . She was obviously irritated and the more she talked the more irritated she got. Her skin turned blood red and her hair began to extend upwards into many horns. She wore yellow sandals and a leather outfit similar to the man/demon in the circular window. She got up and I knew she represented the devil. I just walked away.

I went outside and looked up to see a man on the roof of the building. He was shooting deer with bow and arrow (I think) while loudly proclaiming that everyone would receive new clothes. When he shot a deer, a new outfit would appear in the sky and be cast down to the ground, neatly folded. Just then, a man (not sure if it's the same man w/bow & arrow) announced that everyone was to get into one of several limousines that were parked right there. The door opened automatically and I got in and sat down. As I sat, the row of seats that I was sitting on moved back toward the rear of the car. My wife was seated toward the front of the car. She was telling the kids in the limo to all ride in another [font=Times New Roman]limousine so I could sit up front with her. An African man came in and sat next to me. There was a stack of the “outfits” that the man on the roof was tossing down sitting on the seat. I started looking at them and then grabbed one that I knew was for me. I went to pick up some shoes, but my wife told me to put on a different pair, which I did.

The dream ends here…the alarm clock went off.

Last edited by miltond on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

miltond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glorious Return of Christ and the devil is furious (dream)!

Post by usemeLord on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:33 am

Wow, sorry no interp but I pray God would give you understanding of this incredible dream. Did you ever tell your Dad this dream?

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miltond on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:00 pm

Hi usemeLord! Thanks for the response. I did share this with Dad and a couple of things came to him. I should mention that he is our church elder and has walked with the Lord for many years.
Dad’s Interpretation:

The man (God ) talking to Dad and then walking away:
God had given Dad some things to do that he hadn’t moved on at the time of the dream. He needed to get moving.

My wife telling me that the shoes I picked up weren’t the ones for me:
I was trying to fit into something that doesn’t match; trying to reason with things where it’s not a matter of me trying to reason with it.

miltond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by usemeLord on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:06 pm

I know our time is short and Jesus will return, he wants us obedient. Nice little reminder for your Dad. LOL laugh

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miltond on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:23 pm

usemeLord, you are absolutely right! Isn't it great that we serve an Almighty God who gives us gentle reminders rather than strike us down with lightning as the joke goes?

miltond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by miltond on Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:18 pm

I was on the commuter bus headed to work this morning and was listening to "Good Shepherd" by Heather Clark. It's a beautiful song that's based on Psalm 23. As I listened, it dawned on me that certain elements of my dream correspond with verses in this beautiful Psalm. Off the top of my head:

The food of all kinds on the table and ability to "think" of a particular food not represented there and have it appear corresponds with ver 1 (The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want).

Being directed to get into one of the limos corresponds with ver 3 (He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake).

The demon who threatens me, but gets stuck in the circular window when he tries to get me speaks to ver 4 (Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me).

The many banquet tables with the devil sitting there fuming corresponds to verse 5 (You prepare a table in the presence of my enemies).

The End.

miltond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top