Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Virtuous

DELIVERED FROM SMOKING CIGARETTES!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of you may know I have previously posted my struggle with smoking cigarettes. I have shared the convictions I had regarding holding a leadership position in my church during this struggle. I shared the fact that I DID NOT want to quit because I liked smoking. Why? I don’t know…I just did. However, I knew God was calling me to come before Him so HE could deliver me. Many times I tried to do it on my own. Many times I would stop and start again.

Although I liked smoking cigarettes, my desire to be obedient to God outweighed it all even DURING the struggle. Yes, I still smoked, but the satisfaction and enjoyment was no longer there. It’s almost as if I was just going through the motions. I was honest with the Lord and told Him I didn’t want to stop smoking because I liked it and He was going to have to deliver me from them. I knew God wanted to set me free but I just didn’t know how to allow Him to. I’m like… “God, how do I accept being delivered from something I like doing?”

]Time and time again, I would go up for prayer asking for deliverance. I wouldn’t have one for a day or say and I was back to puffing away. This went back and forth for about two years. I heard a sermon at a conference by Bishop Paul Morton. His message was all about the mind. It all boils down to the mind…IT’S A MIND THING. “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 2:5) Did it penetrate at that moment and cause me to stop? No, but the seed was planted. I would repeat that scripture A LOT…even if I had a cigarette in my hand. The more I studied the word and God revealed Himself to me, the more I wanted His Will for my life White Flag . The more I wanted His Will for my life, the less I wanted to like smoking. The less I wanted to like smoking, the more determined I got to allow Him to deliver me

June 14, 2007, we had a DELIVERANCE, MIRACLE CONFERENCE at my church. There was suppose to be a guest speaker that night but the dates got mixed up so my Pastor preached. Well, actually I don’t think she got a chance to preach because God took over the service. She called me up and told me God wanted me to be free. She began to pray for me and speaking against everything that was not like God operating in my life. She specifically spoke to me smoking cigarettes and it was like she was in warfare as she prayed. Something went through me and I HAVEN’T had a cigarette from that day to this one :thankyou: . I couldn’t stop praising God that night. Even when I got tired, I would rest and all of a sudden it would hit me again. Service was going forth and I could feel people grabbing me and I heard Pastor say, “Yall leave her alone.” I was delivered from those cigarettes and I give God all the glory because HE did it. No one else can take the credit for that…not even me. 👏 praiseGod Cheering

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome! CONGRATULATIONS!! The Lord is awesome and worthy to be praised!! He did the same for me nine years ago (I smoked for 24 years... bandaid )...I couldn't do it, Nicorette couldn't do it, other programs couldn't do it, but NO addiction is too great for the Lord! Praise Him and give Him the glory!

Go ahead God and take your bow...you are WORTHY to be praised!!!!!! GLOOOOORY!