Old Pastor Married to Whom?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Old Pastor Married to Whom?

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:50 am

Hello everyone! I had a dream over the weekend about my old pastor. This is a church we've not been at for about 3 years. However, I still have some strong connections there, and the Lord does still show me things going on. This one really has me stumped, and I'm praying about (1) what it means and (2) what I am to do with this information. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Dream 08-30-09 -- Old Pastor Married to Whom?

My husband and I decided to go visit our old church that we have not attended for about 3 years IRL. Our old pastor was up preaching on the offering and wearing all black. The entire offering teaching was about giving so that the "pastor has enough" -- no scriptural backing at all -- no scriptural basis. I felt that the message was out of line and inappropriate. Nevertheless, my husband and I are givers, so I asked him if he wanted to give $50.00. He said "no". That is very unlike my husband so I knew there was a good reason for it. After the service a man wanted to take us out to lunch. I told him we already had plans and could not go. I felt the only reason he was asking to take us was because this is what the church taught people to do. It wasn't coming from a genuine heart of wanting to bless us -- but just doing what he was told to do kind of a thing. Shortly after my old pastor came up to us (which IRL he would never do because the church is very big and this pastor is untouchable). He started asking us where we've been -- why we've not been there. I told him that we are visiting some other places and waiting to see where God wants to put us. Then a girl that I know IRL came up to us. Here name is Heidi. She's someone that I know through other friends, but not someone we actually have a realationship with. She is not a Christian, very liberal and is living with a man IRL that is not her husband. She overdrinks and parties. Although she is a very sweet girl, I do not view her positively spiritually. I was shocked to see her there. Then our old pastor introduced her to us AS HIS WIFE! :huh: I was shocked because in the dream I thought he was married Faithe (that's her real name and in the dream I thought this was his wife, although IRL Faith is his assistant not his wife). But, nope! He said he was married to Heidi. I talked with her and said, "You've been around us all of these years and never told us you were married to our old pastor." I remembered how wild she is. I couldn't beleve that my old pastor was married to her. She was trying to act really Godly right now. I was amazed by this whole situation.

Back to top Go down

Re: Old Pastor Married to Whom?

Post by sunshine2 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:53 am

Well, this is just off the top of my head but it seems as if there are some issues of ethics going on with this pastor. Preaching to give so the pastor has enough, married to someone who is not a Christian and then in the dream thinking he is married to his assistant. I mean, I would definitely take this to God in prayer. I would pray exactly the way that the Lord would show me to pray. Personally, I would only bring it up to someone if I felt like the Lord told me to. Most likely this kind of thing is best taken care of in prayer but you never know.

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:04 am

Thanks, Sunshine! That's exactly what I felt about the dream -- it is a question of ethics. I agree that prayer is in order! Thanks again!!! I appreciate ya! huggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:52 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top