New member - need help with a dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New member - need help with a dream

Post by prayergarden on Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:37 pm

Hello! I just surfed onto this site while trying to find an answer to a dream I had this week. Thank you for having this forum. I lead a group of interrcessors and I had this dream on Monday night. I was in a room that was ajacent to another room with a window between the two. In the room I was in I was confronted by a black rat. I was not afraid but rather annoyed that it was there. I said we have to get rid of this rat. The rat was standing it's ground and so was I - my cat appeared also black and went nose to nose with the rat and it disappeared. This happened again and the rat disappeared in the same manner. I thought - I wonder where the rat went. I heard a commotion in the room next to me and said I guess I know where the rat went. I looked through the window and saw one of our pastors in a group of people and from their reaction I knew they had discovered the rat also. I then woke up. Mostly what stood out to me was the attitude of the rat - I am here - in your face - deal with it. Our church has multiple locations and this dream had the resident pastor from our location in the room. If anyone has insight let me know - bless you.

prayergarden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New member - need help with a dream

Post by usemeLord on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:51 am

Have you looked up the symbols
Window: Revelation knowledge; unobstructed view;

black rat is obvious - bad

Pastor: Also Priest and Prophet: Representing God; wife of a preacher could be the church; spiritual authority

This almost sounds like Judas. He was amoungst the disciples of Jesus and yet was a rat so to speak.

Is there someone at your church that this dream could be warning you about.

Just thoughts

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bottlecap on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:03 pm

I agree with useme.....I'd say this is a very strong warning dream that something stubborn and strong is messing with your body of believers. Be careful though....rats like to attack when you're sleeping and don't really care if you see them or not. The only way to get rid of one is to kill it....scaring it won't work.....use the weapons Scripture gave you.

bottlecap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by prayergarden on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:32 pm

Useme and bottlecap,

Thank you so much for responding. I am grateful that you mentioned rats like to attack when you are sleeping. I will be sure to keep a watchful eye. That is something I had not considered before. I have found out after sending the dream that our pastor was attacked by someone. The attack was happening the day after the dream and this was confirmation for the leadership.

Also believe that there is more than meets the eye and everything is still not out in the open.

Thanks for the info on the symbols and looking them up. I had not explored all areas of the web site, but will.
It is interesting that I found this web site - during our last time of intercession the Lord showed a battlefield and I was looking through night goggles and I could see into the dark just like it was daylight. He told us that He was giving us a gift that would enable us to see where the enemy was hiding. I see this as advanced use of discernment. Using the knowledge from this web site is the same as picking up the night goggles - another set of eyes looking into the darkness and telling what is seen.

Bless you

prayergarden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:07 am

prayergarden -

I think your dream is prophetic on a couple of levels. First, in that you dreamt of the rat that posed a threat and that came to pass with your pastor. Based on this dream (and the other that you described) that the Lord is giving you increased discernment. The scene with you looking through the window is the revelation knowledge that you received regarding your pastor who later was attacked IRL.

But I also think the rat is symbolic of a spirit that devours/destroys. (Some believe that the rat is a symbol of the spirit of poverty). The fact that it wouldn't leave suggests that it felt it had a legal right to be there. In my dreams and others I've seen, when there is something that disappears then reappears it has often symbolized deception and sometimes even witchcraft. I believe the Lord is giving you this discernment so that you are equipped for the spiritual warfare you are about to engage in. Put on the whole armor of God so that you are able to stand against the wiles of the devil. No weapon formed against your church shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn.

Will keep you and your church lifted up in prayer during this time!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:09 am

usemeLord, where do those symbol references that you cited above come from?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by usemeLord on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:45 am

It a christian dream symbols site named XXX. Sorry if I am not supposed to do that, but I can not get on the symbols here, I've waited 5 minutes and it comes up blank screen when I try to look them up. Please let me know if I shouldn't do this I do not want to offend.

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:20 am

Hi usemeLord -

No worries, you didn't know...here's the (brief) guideline so that others can see as well...

We discourage the use of and reference to other dream related websites, books, or any other dream reference materials (as well as references to other general ministries). The other resources vary in their accuracy (in our opinion) so can easily create confusion, even those that are generally considered to be reputable have symbol associations that we disagree with so our standard is to not quote from any of them because it implies an endorsement. Since we don't always know the beliefs/tenets of some ministries (and unfortunately don't have the bandwidth to do the research to establish their credibility), we find it more appropriate to not reference any of them to avoid appearing like we prefer some over others AND to make sure that we don't reference anything that teaches something that contradicts what is taught on this site. We want to avoid any distraction from dream interpretation so don't want to get into debates of which ministry/prophet is authentic/true or not.

The sole reference that we use is the Bible. Again, not saying that there aren't any sources out there that are legitimate, but the one source that is true and reliable time and time again is the Bible. Our recommendation is that after taking your dream to the Lord seeking an interpretation, search the Bible for meaning (search symbols, themes, etc.) - the scriptural references will speak to your spirit in such a way that you'll be able to gain understanding. Since dreams are one means the Lord uses to communicate with us, it follows that He will use His Living Word with its biblical imagery, themes, etc. as his vocabulary. Here is a link to an online bible reference tool that we encourage dreamers to use:

www.biblegateway.com

God will also use things from our personal lives as symbols as well. Mia's dream dictionary contains those symbols that are either Bible based or have been shown to have a consistent meaning over time. It's so important not to over rely on dream dictionaries and the like by thinking that one symbol has the same meaning in ALL dreams. What has one meaning to one individual may have a completely different association to another dreamer. For example, cats are often associated with deception/witchcraft. But if a dreamer is a cat lover and has positive associations with cats during their waking life, it's not likely that God is going to use that type of symbolism to that dreamer. It is also very, very important to look at the symbolism in the context of the whole dream. Even those symbols that usually have a relatively consistent meaning (e.g., baby, car) can periodically mean something else (as I recently learned in one of my own dreams).

Here is a working link to Mia's dream dictionary. The second link connects to an overview of symbols. She does an excellent job of explaining symbols, how they should be used and how/where one should use caution.

Working link to dream dictionary:
http://www.heartsongministry.com/dream_symbols.html

Use caution with symbols:
http://www.heartsongministry.com/theme_teeth.html

Hope this is helpful!! flower

Blessings,

Lurdys

Last edited by lola21st on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:21 am

ok, maybe that wasn't so brief afterall... lol!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by prayergarden on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:29 pm

Wow!

I am so thankful that I found this site! I will receive your prayers for myself and the church - I know you do not say that lightly. We had prayer tonight and prayed over the revelation again. Thanks for listing the short version of the guidelines of this web site. lol!

Bless you again.

prayergarden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:21 pm

Praise God! You are very welcome! The Lord will be faithful to continue to reveal to you more about this spirit and the opened door that enabled it to come in...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top