Is there such a thing as a Dream Interpreter? By MIA SHERWOOD

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is there such a thing as a Dream Interpreter? By MIA SHERWOOD

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:41 pm

Hey everyone, Mia wanted me to post this teaching she wrote.
love,
Daph

Is there such a thing as a dream interpreter?

Since the beginning accounts of the bible the Lord has spoken through dreams and visions.
As early as Genesis we have a biblical basis for dream interpretation and throughout the
bible including the New Testament the bible is filled with examples of dreamers and
interpreters.

"I cannot do it," Joseph replied to Pharaoh, "but God will give Pharaoh the answer he
desires."

The Holy Spirit is the dream interpreter, we are the vessels He uses to relay the
interpretation. All interpretations belong to God but even as God speaks through prophets,
He also gives the interpretation of dreams through those whom He has gifted to receive
interpretations from Him.

The Amplified Bible calls a prophet an inspired preacher or expounder. A person who
expounds in the office of prophet is one who explains or interprets a message from God.
When a person who explains or expounds or interprets a message from God it is prophecy.

The Lord inspires the prophet with a message or with revelation which is then relayed to the
person or the people to whom the revelation is intended to benefit. The prophet receives
revelation but when the prophet communicates the revelation to the recipient it is not
revelation to the recipient, it is prophecy. When a person receives revelation in dream
interpretation it falls under the category of prophetic revelation, and when the message is
delivered to the recipient it becomes prophecy.

Therefore, dream interpreters when interpreting through divine revelation are giving a
message based on divine revelation which is the definition of prophecy. So, YES! There is
such a thing as a dream interpreter, they may have the title of prophet or they may not.

The bible clearly shows us through Daniel and Joseph that the ability to interpret dreams
comes from Him. It also shows us that the biblical thing to do when you have the dream is to
seek an interpretation. The accounts of dreams in the bible demonstrate that the dreamer
immediately sought an interpretation to his dream and it also demonstrates the importance
the dreamer placed on the validity of dream interpretation - Gideon went bravely to war
based on a dream! We've listed four accounts of biblical dream interpretation below where
the dreamer told his dream upon waking, and he received the interpretation given to him by
another.

Daniel 1:17As for these four youths, God gave them knowledge and intelligence in
every branch of literature and wisdom; Daniel even understood all kinds of visions and
dreams.

Joseph interprets Pharaoh's dream & the dreams of his fellow prisoners.

Gideon leads the army into war based on a dream and interpretation that he overheard.

Is the gift of dream interpretation in operation today?

We are in the end times when the Lord has poured out His Spirit upon all flesh (Acts 2:17).

17" 'In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
18Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.
19I will show wonders in the heaven above
and signs on the earth below,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.

It would be the height of a gag gift if the Lord were to give us the dreams but no interpretation
for them.

This ministry is a present day witness that the Lord is still very active in giving dreams and
dream interpretation. When the interpretation comes from the Lord and we share it by the
power of the Holy Spirit, oftentimes the dreamer says, "WOW! That's exactly what's going on
in my life right now!" Some of the testimonies on this site are perfect examples of revelation
knowledge in dream interpretation. We have never met any of the people whom have left
testimonies, we know virtually nothing about them or their lives, but the Lord knows! And
through His power He gives an interpretation that leaves the dreamer rejoicing because they
have heard from God.

Does God still speak through prophetic dreams today?

People wonder, How do we know that it's God speaking?

The bible says that God tells us of things that are to come before they happen so that we will
give Him the credit and not chalk it up to idols (or coincidence - which is the idol of this day
and age).

As a testimony to His Still-Active-Voice the Lord is still prophesying future national and world
events through prophetic dreams as a witness to His glory. Our ministry has many examples
of prophetic dreams which prophesied events that the God showed us in advance which
made national headlines - evidence that the Lord is still speaking through dreams and
visions today.

Isaiah 48

1 "Listen to this, O house of Jacob,
you who are called by the name of Israel
and come from the line of Judah,
you who take oaths in the name of the LORD
and invoke the God of Israel—
but not in truth or righteousness-
2 you who call yourselves citizens of the holy city
and rely on the God of Israel—
the LORD Almighty is his name:
3 I foretold the former things long ago,
my mouth announced them and I made them known;
then suddenly I acted, and they came to pass.
4 For I knew how stubborn you were;
the sinews of your neck were iron,
your forehead was bronze.
5 Therefore I told you these things long ago;
before they happened I announced them to you
so that you could not say,
'My idols did them;
my wooden image and metal god ordained them.'
6 You have heard these things; look at them all.
Will you not admit them?
"From now on I will tell you of new things,
of hidden things unknown to you.
7 They are created now, and not long ago;
you have not heard of them before today.
So you cannot say,
'Yes, I knew of them.'

Should we accept the interpretation of our dreams by others?

Yes. And no. This statement is not meant to confuse you. It is meant to get your attention.
While biblical dream interpretation is, well...... Biblical, we want to share with you the biblical
cautions related to dreams and their interpretation.

One plain warning cautions us not to heed the dreams of others that would lead you to go
after other gods (Deuteronomy 13:1-5, Jeremiah 14:14; 23:16,25-27,32; Ezekiel 13:1,7; 12:
24, Zechariah 10:2).

Another warning that I take very seriously, and try to relay to those coming to me for dream
interpretation, is found in Matthew and Mark. Jesus warned us that false prophets would
abound. Dream interpretation is through revelation knowledge is a prophetic gift. Those
who receive a divine interpretation from God are operating in revelation knowledge, and
when revelation knowledge is delivered to the intended recipient it becomes prophecy.
Therefore the interpretations fall under the mantle of the prophetic.

When people ask us what they should take into consideration when receiving dream
interpretations by an interpreter, or when receiving prophetic utterances, we always
encourage people to heed the Lord's warning - know them by their fruit. It is hard to judge the
fruit of a person that you do not know, so in those cases - especially through the Internet,
exercise extreme caution! As our Lord Jesus said, "Be on your guard."

Matthew 7 - A Tree and Its Fruit

15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they
are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick
grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good
fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree
cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown
into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Mark 13

22For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to
deceive the elect—if that were possible. 23So be on your guard; I have told you
everything ahead of time.

Confirmation and Safety in a Multitude of Counselors

One great example of why should look to others for dream interpretation in specific instances
is that we are too close to the situation. Our emotions and desires get in the way of
interpreting our dreams. I have often gone to interpret my own dreams and my mind refused
to acknowledge the truth - sometimes it has happened because I didn't want to face an
upcoming trial that the Lord wa swarning me about in advance...or I did not get a correct
interpretation because my heart wanted a specific answer so instead of seeing the truth my
mind wanted to make the symbols in my dream fit what I wanted them to mean. We are
human and therefore subject to human weaknesses. Because we have weaknesses the
Lord has made the body of Christ to fit together and to work together to benefit one another.
We need each other in the body of Christ as vessels for God to supply all of His riches in
Glory through Christ Jesus. Just remember we are vessels and even as a prophet delivers a
prophetic word, prophetic dream interpreters deliver prophetic revelation through dream
interpretation.

The bible is awesome when it says there is safety in a multitude of counselors. EVEN
WHEN you can interpret your own dreams it is very wise to submit to a minimum of two or
three other established dream interpreters to confirm what God is speaking to your heart.
Confirmation cannot be overrated and when it comes it is a blessing from God.

---------------------------------------

Glory to GOD
by daphanie02 on Mon 4 Aug 2008 - 17:14

I have a voice recorder that I record my dreams on that is VERY handy. In the middle of
the night i am recording things i never would remember when i woke up. My husband has
taken an interest in it too and last night he rolled over and said very sleepily "gimmie the
recorder". So i did and i was so tired that i rolled over and went back to sleep before
hearing all of his dream.

I heard just enough of the thing though that i knew it was not good. I had all these dreams
about what I thought my husband's dream could mean. I was so worried.

I had this dream I was a warrior fighting for him and so many things other dreams. I
recorded a lot of them on my recorder and when i woke up I listened to his dream and then
to mine. I was thinking mine made absolutely no sense at all. There is no connection. I was
expecting something prophetic!

As I was scratching my head I went to the computer to talk to Mia about it.

When I logged on this message was waiting for me:

Mia Sherwood (8/4/2008 10:48:52 AM): when i was falling asleep last night i woke up with
a message: Laura is dreaming about something she is worried about and she is dreaming
about it because she is worried about it not because it is going to be the outcome.

WOW!!!! GOD IS AMAZING!!! I MEAN WOW!!! GLORY TO GOD!!!

I was so surprised, thankful, relieved that i didn't have to pray and worry about what more
this dream could possibly mean. MY dreams were just worry!

---------------------------------------

The Lord spoke to me when he gave me this interpretation and told me that Laura would not
have received a true interpretation from me about this dream if He had not given me the
answer before she shared the dream because she believed that all dreams meant
something or that all dreams are prophetic.

The bible states that some dreams come from the worries of our day and this experience
with a prophetic Word from God totally confirms to me the truth of this scripture:

Ecc 5:3 3 As a dream comes when there are many cares, (NIV)

This is a very good example why we should always obey the Word in everything. Heed the
instructions to seek two or three witnesses in every situation. If we apply this scripture to
every area of our lives, especially when we need direction, we will be less likely to get in
serious error and major mistakes.

In essence, safety in numbers is a primary reason for seeking one another in dream
interpretation.

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there such a thing as a Dream Interpreter? By MIA SHERWOOD

Post by butterfly on Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:02 pm

Thanks for posting this !!!!!

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:10 pm

Yes thanks so much Mia and Daph. Good stuff here.

Love in Christ,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Lane on Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:57 am

I love this! Good stuff.... Thanks for posting Mia and Daph.

Love in Jesus, Lori

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top