Fighting demons

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fighting demons

Post by crys on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:15 pm

I woke up during the night, at about 3:30, for some reason I usually wake every night between the hours of three and four. But on this night, I had a particularly uneasy feeling. I had been feeling this way for the last two nights, I couldn't sleep and was very restless, but I didn't know why. On this second night I woke up feeling this way, I felt so uneasy, not necessarily scared, but something wasn't right, so I started to pray. I usually do, but more so this night. My usual prayers, I also read from the bible. I usually read psalms, on this night 23 and 27, and basically just asking the Lord for protection. Well, I fell back asleep and had the feeling the entire time that I was not asleep, it was an odd feeling, sort of being asleep but awake, I'm still praying this whole time. Its very difficult to explain unless you already know what I'm talking about.

I felt that I was struggling with something, I was laying on my right side and I felt something trying to forcefully grab my arms, and at the same time was trying to wedge its self between my arms and legs, I guess trying to hold me down or something to this effect. I was struggling, of course, fighting and praying the whole time, when I finally got angry, I pulled with all my strength and said leave me alone, you can't hurt or touch me, I belong to the Lord. I don't know why I felt the need to say this, maybe cause I was praying the whole time, this is what came to my mind.

When I pushed this force away from, I look up and see five demons, the first word that popped into my head was beasts, standing in front of me. They were ugly, they were big, black, with horns that sort of curl up and around the back of their head and they were muscular with red eyes, I remember nothing else. I didn't really want to see them, they were so ugly, I turned away after getting a look at them and then I woke up. But they were standing in a row, and they were VERY ANGRY! I could feel that they wanted to attack me again, but I KNEW and I KNEW THEY KNEW that they could not touch me. I don't know if it was because of my declaration or all my feverent praying during this whole time, it was probably due to both. But I could feel their anger, they were shaking in their anger and there was one in particular that was standing a bit in front of the others, for some reason I thought of it being the leader, and it was more angry than the others if that was possible, he was even huffing, like a bull huffs before they charge? I remember thinking yes, it makes sense, because they are animals, beasts, so to speak.

So then I wake up, thats it. What was this? Any ideas?

crys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fighting demons

Post by Change on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:17 pm

fighting demons

Change

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:39 pm

Hello Crys! It sounds to me like you were literally under demonic attack. Has this ever happened before? If not, I would start looking to see what in your life may have changed recently. For example, have you had any house guests that may have brought them in with them, or have you seen any horror movies? Have you been involved with anything that might give them an entrance to come and horass you? In my experience there doesn't always have to be an entrance. We have an enemy who hates us, and he will try to come against us. But, we have victory in the Name of Jesus. I think it's good that you knew and they knew that they couldn't touch you. But, I believe that God revealed to you that they were there so that you could deal with them. You said that you told them they couldn't touch you. But, did you ever command them to leave in the name of Jesus? Did you use that name specifically? Perhaps with a little more information we can help you get to the bottom of this and resolve it.

Blessings,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by crys on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:03 pm

Hi Sandra! Thanks, thats what it felt like. I just wonder why now, and where did they come from? I can't remember any incident that would allow them to come in and yes, after I woke up I did demand that they leave in the Name of Jesus and I even used some holy water that I keep from previous experience.

And yes, I have been through something similiar before, but its been at least two years since that incident. My faith wasn't strong at the time and I was going through some major trials in my life. I started praying and trying to become closer to God and work on my faith, thats when they started attacking me. But after perserverance and prayer on my part, for a long while, they were gone. I knew I was under attack then, they would speak to me and try to scare me into not praying, that God would not listen to me, etc...but I kept the faith, and they stopped after a while.

But as I said, it was almost two years ago. I feel these came out of nowhere. Or do you think its still from that incident years ago? And Why?

crys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Some questions...when you told them to leave, did they go? To be very honest with you there is no scripture that backs up the use of holy water. It's faith in the Name of Jesus that causes every knee to bow and every tongue to confess Him as Lord!

Has there been any history of the occult in your family (by you or other family members)? Things such as ouijji boards or going to psychics or anything of that nature?

Have you recently begin pressing into God in a new way? If these things came to harass you before because you were pressing into God, perhaps it has something to do with that once again.

Also, do you live by yourself or could someone else in the house be participating in something you are unaware of?

One thing that can really help until we do get to the bottom of this is to get some anointed worship music and play it in your room at night while you sleep. Scripturally when King Saul was being demonically harassed, David would play the harp and Saul would get relief. Read 1 Samuel 16:14-23 for a detailed explanation. Bottom line, the enemy hates worship and praise to God. The scripture says that praise "stills the enemy and the avenger." (Psalms 8:2, "Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.") Honestly, if I was in this situation I would get some anointed worship music and play in on repeat 24/7 until I got to the bottom of what was going on and could deal with it permanently. If you need some recommendations on anointed worship music: I like Juanita Bynum, Israel Houghton, Hillsong, Kari Jobe, LakeWood Live. All of these are very anointed worship CDs. You can order them online at Amazon, or you could pick them up at a local Christian bookstore such as Lifeway or Mardels.

Back to top Go down

Post by crys on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:54 pm

Sandra, thanks for all the information. I like the idea of the annointed music, I will look into getting some and give it a try.

Ok, to answer your questions, yes, they did leave when I told them to, I have not seen or felt them again since. I realize not many believe in the power of holy water and there's no scriptual backing for this tool, but I have my beliefs, and yes, I do firmly believe that none of these matter if not done in the Name of Jesus.

As for the occultism, there is none that I am aware of. I have two teenage boys that live with me and I do not believe that they would be involved in any questionable practices. I would know.

I don't know what you mean? Pressing into God? I felt that at the time (when this happened before) it was sort of a spiritual battle because I was trying to become closer to God, build up my faith, because I was not strong before. I am still very much on the path towards a life with God and do not want to stray and become as weak as I felt that I was back then.

crys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Hello Crys! If they left when you told them to go then I wouldn't expect any more trouble from them. It doesn't seem that there is an entrance of any kind or they would have kept coming back, or possibly not left at all because they would've felt they had a legal right to be there.

What I meant by "pressing into God" is exactly what you said you had done in the past -- becoming closer to God, building your faith, etc.

I would definitely get the worship music and play that, and then just pray over your house and you and your children before bedtime. Ask God for protection. Pray Psalm 91 -- about the protection of God over your household. It seems like this was nothing more than just an attack against you. The enemy doesn't need a reason to attack us. He hates us, and the scripture says that "he is roaming about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour." (1 Peter 5:8, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:") You spoke your authority in the name of Jesus, and resisted him, and he had to flee! (James 4:7, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.") That doesn't mean he won't try to come against you again, but it does mean you whipped him this time and you know how to whip him again! Praise God! praiseGod

Blessings!

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by crys on Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:10 pm

Thank you Sandra....

Blessings!

praiseGod

crys

View user profile

Back to top Go down