Do We Have The Right To Ask God For Dreams?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Do We Have The Right To Ask God For Dreams?

Post by dreamster on Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:10 pm

:clap: thumbs grt reply M o A,,how kood i not agree,, lol! lol! flower D

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:25 pm

I wouldn't be here if I didn't ask to hear in dreams.
But I feel everything we ask is in ignorance, I feel we get a free pass on a lot of things just because we don't know.
He isn't speaking to use in different ways to spite us, he is doing it to say "listen to me when I speak this way too"

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:27 pm

im not sure we have ''rights'' as such,,god doesnt do committies or demockracys,,we can petition him ,,approch him in faith

Dreamz...this is my point...I think we sometimes feel we have a right to ask God to do this or do that. Asking him is one thing, but asking him and expecting him to come only in that way is another thing. GOOD POINT.

we need to have the right attitude, in humility we can request it

Martin of Africa...the attitude plays a HUGE part and I think that's why my friend hasn't heard from God in a dream. She's frustrated with God right now because of the things she's going through Because of this, she has the attitude that says "answer me, or else". There's nothing humbled about that.

"listen to me when I speak this way too"

Right on TF!!! By the way...it's good seeing you around again.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:13 am

lol! :PTL: u cholette... happy dance happy dance

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:30 am

Hello Cholette!

I think that we kind of limit God when we expect Him to move "only" in a certain way. The Bible says: James 1:5-7, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord." So we are to pray for wisdom and revelation. However, I think it's dangerous to only be able to receive it from the Lord in a specific way. I know that when I'm praying for revelation on some things a dream is not always the best way for the answer to come. Dreams have to be interpreted and understood, and that's not always easy. I have found that even when God gives me a dream, I need scriptural backing before I can act on that dream and really trust what I've seen and know that I can stand in faith about it and it will come to pass. The Word of God is where we get faith...so whatever way God speaks to us we are going to have to have His Word on it in order to stand in faith about it. Dreams are so easy to misinterpret and misunderstand. If you can't hear from God when you are awake, how are you going to hear from Him on the interpretation of the dream He gives you?

As for your friend, I have found that when I'm in fear over something I simply cannot hear from God. And, I've found that even the friends that are close to me who usually hear from God and encourage me, don't get anything either. Why? I'm not releasing any faith! Jesus said it so many times when He was on the earth, "Be it done unto you according to your faith!" The above scripture says, "let him ask in faith -- nothing wavering -- for let not the man who doubts think he'll receive anything from the Lord." In times when I'm needing to hear from God, I have to get out of the "stress zone" and into the "faith zone" and begin trusting God before I ever hear anything from the Lord through a dream or otherwise. In fact, I have used the above scripture about asking God for wisdom to "get into faith". I'll stand on that scripture and say, "Lord, you told me to ask for wisdom and that You'd give it to me, and not rebuke me for it, so I'm asking and I believe I receive it!" It doesn't always come the same day, or the same night, but IT ALWAYS COMES! He comes through every single time. So I think you're right! It's dangerous to only expect God to speak to you through dreams. Even when you have a dream, you need scriptural backing and you need the interpretation. How are you going to get them if you can't hear the still small voice of the Lord when you're awake?

What a great discussion! This one really made me think. Thanks for starting it Cholette!

Blessings, huggins

Sandra Dee

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:35 am

I admire that about you the most, Sandra. You always come to the table with the "MEAT" (The Word )!

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:10 am

Thanks, V! Flower Power

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:38 am

Thanks Sandra Dee...

That was the point of starting this thread. We limit God when we say "I need for you to show me in a dream". Like you said, our dreams need to be interpreted and even then, if you can't hear him when you are awake, how are you going to hear him when he gives you the illumination regarding your dream?

I really don't know why God shows us dreams at times and not in others. I love receiving dreams from the Lord, but I enjoy hearing him speak to my heart even more. I love to be sitting somewhere and all of a sudden, hear his voice...ooohhhhh it makes me so happy. Just the other day, I packing my dishes in boxes and I bent over to pick up some newspaper to wrap them in and I heard the Lord say "before you leave, pronounce a blessing over this place"...WOW!! It came out of no where. All I could say was "yes Lord"...so my final day in my apartment, after everything was moved out, I walked that floor and prayed a blessing over the place. Only God knows why He wanted me to do that.

I said all of that to say this...HEARING HIM speak to our hearts should be the most desired way. I know he longs to have dialogues with us...but most times we do the monologue thing. Asking for dreams, in my opinion, is dangerous because I do know that there are "soulish" dreams and those can be crazy.

Anyway...thank you for keeping this going...I love when we chat! flower

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:45 am

You are so right, Cholette! The whole soulish dream thing is the reason I think it's so important that we have scriptural backing before following any dream. I've also had "deceptive dreams". Dreams that were completely contrary to God's Word and things He had outright told me according to scripture while awake. I'm so thankful for the protection of God's Word, and the leading of His Spirit!

I also agree that when we don't learn to hear God's still small voice, we are missing out on the best part of the Christian walk -- fellowship with Jesus! I enjoy the dreams God gives me, and I'm so thankful for them. But my favorite is when He just outright talks to me. I love hearing His voice, and it requires no interpretation! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:52 am

I said all of that to say this...HEARING HIM speak to our hearts should be the most desired way. I know he longs to have dialogues with us...but most times we do the monologue thing. Asking for dreams, in my opinion, is dangerous because I do know that there are "soulish" dreams and those can be crazy.
I also agree that when we don't learn to hear God's still small voice, we are missing out on the best part of the Christian walk -- fellowship with Jesus! I enjoy the dreams God gives me, and I'm so thankful for them. But my favorite is when He just outright talks to me. I love hearing His voice, and it requires no interpretation! lol!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:36 am

I second the Amen!!! You are so right Santra Dee...His voice does NOT require interpretation...it is what it is!!! flower

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martin from Africa on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:31 am

hi all, i must say that what has happened to my step son is nothing short of a miracle, he gets dream after dream, the latest was he must read the word, he just received three of those, God has take him from being luke warm to being on fire, we can only shout Praise the Lord, God is speaking to us all the time if we are in right relationship with Him, God can never be silent when we are in right relationship with Him, He is after all 24/7 and know no limits, He cannot be contained or limited in any way, ….Is 57:15 I dwell in the high and holy place, but with him also who is of a thoroughly penitent and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble and to revive the heart of the thoroughly penitent [bruised with sorrow for sin]….my advice to the friend is spend a few minutes acknowledging her faults ( sin) before bed time and then trust God for the rest…

martin from Africa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:40 am

God can never be silent when we are in right relationship with Him, He is after all 24/7 and know no limits, He cannot be contained or limited in any way

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:41 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top