Terrifying dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Terrifying dream

Post by ShaunaC on Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:52 pm

I've just read Mia's teaching on demonic dreams, which made me re-visit this one, which occurred early this summer while we were visiting my parents. I prayed a lot about it at the time, and then shrugged it off as "demonic". Mia's teaching has me wondering if I should be looking at it a bit more closely?

I dreamt that I was walking to a meeting and I had my daughter (she was two years old) with me. It took quite a lot longer to get there than I first expected, and we walked past some places related more to people in my past than to me. We finally got to the meeting place, which was a place called "friends coffee shop". Sitting outside was the person I was supposed to meet and unexpectedly, an old boyfriend was there too. He also had an old antique piece to show this person. Suddenly somebody shouted a warning and I looked up to see that Abby had wandered behind the building and was playing on the edges of an open sewage pit. Before I could get to her, she jumped from one side to the other, and then to my absolute horror, she fell in. I watched her fall into the first layer of sewer in this bottomless pit, disappear, and keep falling further and further down. I didn't even hesitate and dove in after her headfirst but as I followed her down I couldn't quite reach her. This is when I woke up. It was the most awful awful experience. Abby happened to be sleeping in the bed with me that night and it took a long time before I could settle down again. I spent a lot of time in prayer over this.

Manifestation?
Not long after I went to see my mother in the hospital. This was a particularly bad episode with her pacemaker. I stopped at the hospital gift shop to buy her some things she likes and when I went to pay and looked up and saw that on the wall behind the cashiers was the sign "friends gift shop". Related?

Can anyone help me with this?
-S

ShaunaC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terrifying dream

Post by nubava on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:59 am

Where did you find Mia's teaching, I tried to read to understand clearer, thanks

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:56 am

Hi Shauna C! I believe this dream is a warning from the Lord. I believe it is warning you that the enemy would like to use something from your past as a "pitfall" to cause you to stumble. I do not believe that your daughter falling into the sewage is literal, but symbolic. Many times children in dreams represent matters closest to our hearts, or things that we have birthed spiritually -- faith stands that we have made on the Word of God, and even our spiritual walk itself. The context of this dream is all about you visiting places and people of the past. The old boyfriend showing the antique piece to the person you were there to meet somehow ties into this "pitfall" the enemy has placed in front of you. John 10:10 says that the theif comes not but for to steal and to kill and to destroy. I believe God is showing you that he has a plan to cause you to stumble. I feel like God is revealing to you that it will be tied up with your past. Have you had anything come up concerning your past since you dreamed this dream? Please consider what I've said prayerfully, as these are only my thoughts. Also, when I look at the context of the dream compared to what happened with your mother, they don't seem to be related. But, I could be wrong!

Blessings,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaunaC on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:04 pm

Thank-you Sandra. You have confirmed my own thoughts. Once I realized that this was a warning dream (thank-you to Mia for her teaching) I was able to re-visit this one and see it more clearly. I agree that my daughter is actually representative of a deeply cherished part of my spirit (one that was actually extinguished for a while and re-awakened after the birth of my daughter).

I also agree that this is something to do with my past, but I am not sure where or how at this point. I have some vague ideas... Again, thank-you, your interpretation has confirmed mine. Prayers are much appreciated.

FYI, I've copied Mia's teaching from the homepage, it is from the section called "Warning Dreams":

To Change Your Course
Job 33:15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep
sleep falls on men as they slumber in their beds, 16 he may
speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings, 17 to turn
man from wrongdoing and keep him from pride, 18 to
preserve his soul from the pit,his life from perishing by the
sword.

Warning dreams are often misinterpreted. So often they are
written off, rebuked, or chalked up to the devil, when that's
the last thing that should happen. Job 33, above, tells us
that God sends us dreams which are terrifying, dreams that
get our attention, to prevent us from perishing. Some