REPOST: The Tornado

View previous topic View next topic Go down

REPOST: The Tornado

Post by Cholette on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:58 pm

I was in a house with my two cousins. There was a tornado alarm that sounded outside and we ran because the tornado was near. We ran down to the basement and my two cousins went in before I did...before the door closed (sort of like a panic room when the door shuts and can't open). The door was heavy and it was closing on me after the other two went in . One of my cousins said that the door won't open once it closes, but my strength opened the door and it was like my cousin closed her mouth and felt stupid after seeing me barge my way through the door. It was weird in this room because it still had windows that didn't appear to be able to protect us from the tornado outside. I remember thinking about all my personal belongings like paperwork, passports, medical cards, that I didn't have time to bring in, but the other two had there things. The torando was over and we went outside the basement and I think I went back upstairs and looked out the window to see the damage and I looked down the stret and saw my car parked down the street and it was untouched...still black and shiny. I looked around and realized that the house we were in was uprooted from the foundation and came down and ended up down the street from where it was originally. I told my cousins and then the dream switched to me outside next to my car looking to see if I had any damage and I thought the dent that was under the hood was going to keep the hood from closing, but it didn't. There was limited damage and no scratches. The car was just dirty. I came back in to the house and my son was there and it looked like he was sleeping on the couch the whole time during the tornado, but he wasn't harmed.~~~

I am reposting this dream because there are still some parts that are not clear to me...HELP ME PEOPLE OF GOD!!!! flower

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REPOST: The Tornado

Post by Glad on Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:25 am

Is it possible that an incident in your life triggered some emotional issues in your life that want to stay "safe" and hidden but you are working on them to bring them "out"?
The window in the room might just mean that there is a promise of a way out.
You barging through the door could mean that you are ready to deal with this stuff.
Maybe the fact that the house is going to be where it was originally from means that dealing with these issues will restore your personal foundation to where it ought to be.
This issue is not going to keep you from moving on in life and since the car is dirty it might just mean that there is not much more than some cleansing needed to get out.
That your son was sleeping on the couch, maybe God is saying to you that as his child you will not be harmed through the process.
Just some thoughts....

Glad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:32 am

Good Job Glad!!!!!!! I can see where you are going with this!!! You know, everytime you see a tornado, the first thing I want to think is that disaster is coming. I knew something had to be different about it because 1) it was in the basement and that USUALLY means it's something deep within. 2) the house was moved from it's foundation. I may be stretching it here, but if God leads us to saftey, things usually remain in tack. The fact that the house moved could be something like what you said...things were properly put back to where they should be.

Hmmm...some great stuff to think about. Thank you SO MUCH!

If anyone else has anything else to add...please do!!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:31 am

Cholette,

For me personally tornado's have always symbolized danger of the actual tornado itself. It has always been a warning of the event for me. Do you remember in Oklahoma City in "98" (the F5). The Lord warned me of that three times before it happened. Also the tornado that hit our apartment complex 2 years ago. This is not an interpretation Cholette just my personal experience. I hope it is helpful for you.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaunaC on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:33 pm

This is a very interesting dream. Here are my thoughts: I thought that your cousins reaction to you coming through the door, your sensitivity to it, and the part where they had their things but you didn't all had to something to do with your "identity". (Note: all the things you mentioned were identity documents)

I have had tornado dreams before, and have also watched them through windows. Windows usually represent the watchmen gift - the ability to see approaching danger. This likely means God often gives you warnings for the purpose of having you pray into the situation.

Vehicles usually represent ministry. Your car was undamaged but you did have to clean it up a bit after the tornado.

Finally, although the dream seemed very unnerving, God gave you many promises. Promises of a ministry, safety (you were safely kept during the storm) and the safety of your family and household during this time. Definitely continue to pray through this - it WAS a tornado after all - but "trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and He shall direct your paths."

Blessings,
-S

ShaunaC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:35 am

Thank you Connie and Shauna!!!

Shauna you hit on the two areas I was unsure of. Even though I already knew that one of the symbolic meanings of a car was ministry...I never saw it that way and you are absolutely ON IT!! Looking out the window at my car, it wasn't damaged at all (the prophetic insight or revelation), but when I walked up on it (my ministry), it only required washing...ahhhh, GOOD POINT!

The other area of unsurety were the documents. You are so right, they were identity documents...WOW!!

Thank you so much for this...I feel at peace with what your interpretation.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:29 am

Hi Cholette! I'm responding without looking at the other responses because I don't want to be influenced by them. So, please forgive me if I repeat what's already been said. I feel like this "tornado" is not necessarily a specific storm, but more of a symbol of the storms of life. This scripture comes up in my heart concerning this dream: Luke 6:47-49, "Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: 48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. 49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great." In this dream, I feel very positively about the fact that your car (or life) was unharmed, and that the house was simply moved, not harmed. I feel like this dream is showing you that you are planed on a firm foundation, and that when the storms of life hit, they are not able to destroy you because of your solid footing.

But, I think there are multiple layers to this dream. It's interesting that the cousins were saying that there was not way out of this storm cellar -- or no way out of these storms of life. I don't know if you literally have influences telling you that "you can't make it" or if it's a battle in your own heart, but you knew that you could in fact make it, for you can do all things through Christ which strengthens you, and you used that strength to push the door right open. (Phillippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.") That reminds me of the scripture where Jesus said I open doors that no man closes them. (Revelation 3:8, "I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.") So, what is impossible with others is not impossible for us because "nothing is impossible with God." (Matthew 19:26, "But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.") I also find it very encouraging that in a storm cellar where there are not normally windows, you had windows. Windows to me represent revelation, insight, and light -- the Word of God!!! So in the midst of the storms of life, you are equipped with the Word of God, and the Spirit of God will lead you and guide you into all the truth and you will not be without hope and direction from God. (John 16:13, "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.") I feel like God is encouraging you about this here in this portion of the dream -- that He is with you leading and guiding you and will give you the answers and help you need to come out on top, unscaithed, unharmed and victorious! Please pray on what I've shared!

Love,

Sandi D

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:34 am

SANDRA Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! GOD BLESS YOU!! Everything inside of me leaped...The first scripture you shared in Luke 6 made me pick up my eyeballs from my desk...OH SWEET JESUS! The windows in the basement meaning revelation, insight and light (the Word of God) is so on it!

THANK YOU GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:10 am

Welcome!!! To God be the glory! Hugs! huggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:40 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top