**Revised: Husband is Called Back to Active Duty**

View previous topic View next topic Go down

**Revised: Husband is Called Back to Active Duty**

Post by SheBelieves on Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:37 am

This dream woke me up at 2:12am this morning.

My husband, David, and I were out shopping. He got a text or a phone call and he said to me "I have to check something out." We went to a shopping center where lots of men were milling around. David tells me, "I have to go away for awhile" and told me he needed his USMC blues uniform (the most formal uniform of the Marines). I teased him about it fitting because he retired five years ago. (in real life this is true and David is 50 yrs old)

Then David was in his blues in an elevator with many other men. He said to me, "I am sorry. I have to to go." I asked when he would be back; he just shrugged. I yelled, "Come on!!!!! A day? A week? A month????" Someone said, "Ma'am, you know he can't tell you that."

There was a registration table. I asked the man there what David would be doing. He looked up David on a list and said, "Something in business." I said, "Wait a minute! Don't you have something in electro-optics? That is what he is good at!" The man looked on a different list and said, "Yes we do. But, we couldn't guarantee he would get it, so he chose business."

I walked away defeated, my head down low, very discouraged and bewildered. I was sobbing. A little girl (about 11 or 12) said, "What are you crying for ma'am? They always go away, we're used to it."

That's when I woke up.

SheBelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: **Revised: Husband is Called Back to Active Duty**

Post by SheBelieves on Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:27 pm

Just talking aloud here to show some of what thoughts/impartations I have received today in prayer..... still not put together in any workable way.

Is it a literal dream?
Is it a prophetic dream?
Is it a warning dream?
Is it from the devil because it caused me to feel bad?
Is it from God and the emotions I am feeling are causing me to seek Him more?
Does my husband really represent himself or is it a outworking of some part of my personhood?

Almost 24 hours have past and I have to say that I have not had a dream that disturbed me more lately than this one has. I cried a lot today about it - mainly about not being able to know for certain what God is attempting to get me to see, to learn, to stand for. Since most of the time when you dream of another person that usually means it is about something of you - i.e. the tendencies, the attitudes, the discipline of the other person could be either projecting onto you in the dream - either to confirm where you are standing is correct, or whether strategic plans need to be overhauled.

I don't believe this is a literal dream in that a retired Marine after 20 yrs in, though by law COULD be called up to active duty for 10 more years. To have that happen would require a gloabal massive war or major terrorist attacks.... and multitudes would be needed. Yet even then, there are not too many in charge who are begging to get middle-aged, not so lean, tight and not as quick and sharp as their younger counterparts.

We are in a "hope mode" in our home having been promised some specific things from God and it has been soooo long - you know the deferred hope's heart sickness seems to bring us to despair from the waiting on these promises. We have been feeling change is coming, but it never seems to get here.

My husband works in electro-optics and is a pro at it.... night vision, thermal lenses, etc. He did it for the military and now for civialian companies who sell to the military and law enforcement. He loves his job.... but, he hates the commute - about 4 hours each day and it is doing him in. We have been praying for a job closer to home in the same field. Long story short, there MAY be an opening at the company near our house. He is in limbo.

I am in limbo in my work as a M&A Business Broker. Deals say they will close in 30 days... then they need 30 more, and even then there is more time needed (or the buyer is having a hard time to get lending)... in any case, I've done my part, all I can do and now it is in their hands --- and God's. Struggling though because it is hard not to take it personally when things don't go accornding to plan and you have a lot riding on it. That commission money will help us take care of sooo many needy people! And will allow us to update some computer software that will make it easier for the next deals - so we can do another sale.

Blessed to give to get so I can be blessed again to give again.

SheBelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori on Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:26 am

Ok, shebelieve's these are only my thoughts, so if I'm way off just disregard this.

To me your dreams seems to be about your husband and him making these choices, choices you don't agree w/or like since they upset you. It seems like he has signed up (chose) for something in the business aspect. You teased him about his uniform not fitting as well ask questioning the job he registered for because he chose business rather than electro-optics, which you know he's good at; Is there some choice your husband could make related to business (perhaps a job) that you don't think is a right fit for him or that he's good at.

I'm wondering if your husband has or will get a call for a job that you don't think is the right fit for him or that he may be good at. He seems fine w/the decision but you are very upset about it. Could the job potentially pull him away from the family (business trip or long hours).

I can see why you would be concerned that this is literal for him to be called back in the military, but you have figured out in the natural it's highly unlikely. So maybe you see his uniform to represent a career since that is what he did for so long.

Do you know if your husband was going up or down in the elevator?

Again these are just my thoughts, but the first time I read your post before you posted the additional information I thought this could do w/a job for him, but not necessarily in the military - active that is.

I also think the dream may be more disturbing to you because you are rationalizing it and entertaining other thoughts. You've got a lot on you plate right now w/what appears to be no definitive answers. So I will just add to keep trusting in the Lord, if God promised you some specific things than trust in him to do it, but it will be in God's timing, be anxious for nothing.

I'm closing w/that these are my thoughts, if they don't bare witness disregard them. I will continue to lift you and your family up in prayer.

Lori

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:04 pm

SheBelieves -

I haven't read the posts above so if this is redundant, please excuse me and please pray about what I say as these are only thoughts....

Is your husband a Christian? (sorry, just don't want to make assumptions)....I ask this because I think the dream is more symbolic, that it's more about his spiritual assignment...an assignment that he didn't ask for nor did he design, it's a God given assignment. When I see a phone or text in a dream from an unknown sender, the caller is usually God with a divine message. To me this may be why there are certain things that can't be answered at this time but they will be eventually, this was just the registration process (submission to His will). The assignment wasn't what your husband chose but he's being selected where he's needed, where God needs him to serve...I also see a play on words - he's been selected to do his Father's business. The duration doesn't have an end date that you're privy to because the assignment will last until it's completed which is based on God's timing not ours. Is there something that he has been praying about related to ministry/work/or some other project that would take a lot of his time and committment?

I also think your reaction to this new assignment may represent something the Lord is showing you. Sometimes our emotions in our dreams can symbolically reveal issues that we may be dealing with (or past issues) and need to be healed from, especially when we wake up from the dream feeling down. In this instance, were you upset because they were being so secretive about his assignment or were you upset because your husband would be gone? If the emotions are literal, they could represent feelings that you will feel over a future assignment but I feel like it's more the first because the little girl reminded you that this type of thing happens all the time.

I pray that this has been helpful.... flower

Blessings,

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:12 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top