Food dream/library dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Food dream/library dream

Post by unaday* on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:24 am

I had a dream that there was a family function I was at. They served beef or chicken. I chose the beef...it tastes sooo amazing..it wasn't brown though it was white. It was sooo good. Then I heard my friend (who is also my brother's girlfriend in real life) push her plate up to mine asking for some of mine because she chose chicken. She sounded like she was playing around so i teased back and pretended I didn’t hear her. Then my brother (who is her boyfriend in real life) came up to me and whispered in my ear… “ he chose the chicken too and the chicken is rotten” They wanted some of mine but I was hesitant to give to them but my cousin told them that there was a lot more beef in the kitchen. I got the feeling that my brother didn't feel like getting it.

Then the dream switched to me with a book in my hand. The book was so good that I wanted to buy another copy. So I was walking and discovered a book store! I stopped outside hesitant to go inside with the book I had in my hand because I didn’t want anyone to think I stole it because I didn’t have a receipt. But a man came out and smiled at me…such a warm smile and it made me feel welcome to enter. It was a big store white walls. Then I saw people checking books out and I realized it was a huge library…people checking books and reading books all over. Then my fiancé popped out of nowhere and I jumped into his arms! I felt like was looking for him along with looking for the book. We were happy to see each other so we continued to walk through the library hand in hand then I saw my ex from about 10 years ago that hurt me really badly walk by us. I was like “that’s my ex!!” My fiancé was like “Oh really?” I was like “yes I hope he didn’t see me because I don’t look my best” Almost as if I wanted him to know that I am doing great. So I ran to the nearest mirror to try to comb my hair.

Any thoughts?

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Re: Food dream/library dream

Post by unaday* on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:12 pm

Forgot to say my fiance thought i looked fine

unaday*

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:39 am

Any ideas?

unaday*

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:22 am

Any ideas?

unaday*

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:48 am

Unaday - I have some ideas but haven't had a chance to post yet. I will try to do so tonight, ok?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:19 am

thanks lola!!

unaday*

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:36 am

First of all, I wanted to say that I had a recent dream where I was at a family function and I had seen my ex there and the meal to be prepared was "orange flavored chicken"--I think this is significant.

As you know, I also had a dream where I had seen my ex and I felt like I was "decent looking" enough for his liking--as if I had to "fix myself up" before he saw me--much like you dream, where you saw him and felt like you had to comb your hair.

I ask this to say (about the ex part) even though you've moved on and are happy in a new relationship, I wonder if in some way you still want to look as though your doing great without your ex? I wonder if you want him to see that you've become a success without him? (I think all women go through this at one point or another). Were you surprised to see your ex? Depending on how you dream, I wonder if you will be out in public with either your fiance or close family member IRL and see your ex? When your fiance said, "oh really" in response to you seeing your ex, it seemed as though he said it as, "oh that's who you were speaking of?" Does he know him IRL? Have you talked about your ex to your fiance before?

In the first part of the dream, the chicken was rotten and your friend and brother wanted some of your meat. Whenever I think of meat, I think of "protein" and "the word". The Lord's word is that "strong meat" we need inorder to survive in this world and to remain healthy in him. Your meat looked different, but people still recognized what it was. Could your family be wanting to live your lifestyle or "get some of what you have" or are "eating on" because there's is not what they thought it was? Do you think they're wanting your advice on some things? Could they be thinking they're living a decent/good life but observing that your way of life is somewhat better?

To me, a library is a place of relaxation, learning, discovery, etc. Is there a place in your life where you're discovering some things and gaining more knowledge on that is so good that you want a 'double portion' on? The place was white, so I think that's significant. Maybe God is going to reveal more things to you concerning a certain situation?

please pray on what I've said. If I have any more ideas, I will let you know.

desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:50 am

I also had a scripture for you and please pray that it resonates with your situation:

"Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein."--Hebrews 13:9

Again, people want what you have. Their not satisfied with what they've got and thinking that certain things will sustain them but that's not the case.

please pray on what i've said
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BORNAGAINGURL22 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:13 pm

eating meat in a dream means you are eating human flesh. it's a attack from the devil

BORNAGAINGURL22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BORNAGAINGURL22 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:16 pm

eating food in a dream also mean your prayer life is being attack.

BORNAGAINGURL22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:21 pm

BORNAGAINGURL22...I disagree COMPLETELY! You speak as if it's absolute...TOTALLY WRONG!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:53 pm

When I think of meat, I think of the meat of the Word (solid food). I think of beef as a stronger meat than chicken, it has more iron. (ignore the fat/cholestrol for the moment... lol! ) The fact that the chicken was actually rotten suggests that there may be some deception going on (it wasn’t what it appeared to be), they got something that looked good but was actually quite bad when they bit into it. I got the same sense as Desiree that they may seek you for something that you have (e.g., wisdom) that they aren’t willing to make the effort to get on their own even though it's available to anyone who seeks it, it’s easier to get it from you…I think there's also a discernment issue, even though the beef was white, you knew it was still beef and it turned out that it was delicious. The beef which wasn't how it usually looks turned out to be great but the thing that is how it's usually looks turned out to be bad...(John 7:24-Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.)

The library reminds me of a place of learning with the books as a Word or an individual revelation, people are there getting answers/revelations. Your reaction to seeing your ex is significant, especially since you're with your fiance who thinks you look fine, he accepts you and loves you as you are. Could the fact that you got nervous when you saw your ex and went to a mirror and combed your hair because you wanted him to see you at your best suggest that maybe, to some degree there may still be lingering self-esteem/self-acceptance/self-doubt issues? I don't think I'm capturing this piece properly...it's about how he sees you versus how you (and your fiance) see yourself (being in the mirror), it appears that in the dream he still has an impact, you place value on something (your perception of his perception) that shouldn't really have any value in this stage of your life (10 years later)...I'm not saying that you're not over him but that possibly the "book" on that relationship experience (or rather the hurt that it caused) hasn't been completely 100% closed. Did it impact your faith walk somehow (you combing your hair, hair to me means glory of God, holiness)? Maybe there's something that you'll learn soon that will help a great deal to heal this area and increase your understanding of what happened so that the last chapter of this old book can be closed?

Please pray about what I've said and disregard it if it doesn't line up with what's in your spirit...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:54 pm

BORNAGAINGURL22 -

I didn't see Cholette's post when I posted mine but had the same concern...what are you referencing for those symbol meanings?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:25 am

Bornagaingurl22

Yes I have the same concern also. I do not understand your reference for that. Could you clarify please?

Last edited by Dove-Solutions on Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelled name)

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:26 am

THANK YOU! PRAISE GOD! All your words gave me revelation and things to think on. Lola- you are on point about the library dream. Yes i am over my ex to the 9th degree but he had left some residue that I had to deal with and at points still have to deal with. He shook my self esteem but he didn't break it ...but sometimes the memories come back. In the beginning of my relationship with my fiance there were a few times he had to remind me that 'he is not my ex' and he loves me differently.

For the food dream...I do believe it is the word of God. I do believe that there is a word that I will or have for my brother and his girlfriend...i wonder if I will be hesistant because of what it is...(remember i didn't want to share that easily.)

Strangely enough....they broke up yesterday....

unaday*

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:37 am

To Go be the Glory! I'm glad you received the understanding that you were seeking! God is so good! I think He's just reminding you that you are 'wondefully and fearfully made', that 'marvelous are His works' and nothing that anyone has/can/or will do can change that! Hallelujah! praiseGod

That's ironic regarding your brother and his girfriend...maybe God is showing you that you will have a situation with them where they'll come full circle back to you for some wisdom/lessons that they could have received earlier if different choices had been made?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:17 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top