Dream within a dream and a phone call

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream within a dream and a phone call

Post by Mariakitty on Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:02 pm

I was watching this scene of people running and riding horses and chasing other people to the edge of a big high cliff/precipice, and it was as though I was watching a documentary about this violent tribe or race of people that lived in this area, like the southwest USA, but it wasn't clear who was narrating, maybe I just "knew" these facts about the people as the scene was unfolding...

The "narration" or knowledge about them went something like this: "They originated in Spain, and were expert bullfighters, and came here and intermingled with the fierce Native American tribe of ___, and this new breed was born of extremely violent, merciless, fierce warriors..." Now my vantage point was as though I was hovering somewhere below the level of the upper level of the cliff where these people were being chased by the "tribe", but I could hear all the hoots, hollers, and screams, and I wasn't at the bottom of the cliff either, just hovering in the distance about 2/3 of the way up.

Suddenly, in the dream, my phone rang, and I realized that this first scene was a dream within a dream, like I realized that I was dreaming but still having a dream if that makes any sense! The phone was a landline, rang like the old-fashioned rotary dial style phones that actually had bells in them (like in the movie The Matrix), which IRL I do not have a land line, only a mobile. I felt groggy and sleepy, like I was being awakened from a deep sleep, even though in that dream within a dream I felt very much adrenaline watching that chase scene at the cliff with that fierce tribe.

I looked at my clock to see what time it was, and when I saw that it was 5:41 a.m. I felt a wave of urgency to answer the phone because it was so early in the morning that it surely must be an emergency, (I immediately thought it could be my son calling although in real life he's doing well, etc...). The woman on the other end sounded like she knew me but I didn't recognize her voice. So I asked, and she said, "It's Nancy McIver from Michigan". (Now in real life, I don't know ANYONE by this name nor do I know anyone from Michigan, but my sense in the dream was that I had met her at this conference I had attended several months ago in real life, but I really didn't meet anyone there by that name).

I was like, "Um, can I call you back sometime I'm sleeping?", but then I asked, "Well wait, is there something important, it's just that it's 5:41 a.m. here..." (In real life I would NEVER put anyone off, I would not even mention that they had awakened me, I'd "snap to" so to speak).

She told me she was calling to ask for prayer for "our friend" ___ who was going in for some testing (like an MRI) at 11 or 1, (I can't exactly remember what name she gave, maybe Theresa, but my feeling was that this was someone I remembered meeting at the conference where I had met this Nancy person, whom I don't actually know IRL). I woke up after that.

Last edited by Mariakitty on Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corect text)

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream within a dream and a phone call

Post by usemeLord on Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:15 am

Have you checked out all the scriptures with 5:41 in them, sometimes I find my answer with numbers I get in dreams. There are only 4 in the bible, the first one is Matthew 5:41, Mark, John, Acts

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariakitty on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:35 pm

Thanks! Matt 5:41 "and whoever compels you to go with him one mile, go two" is interesting because at the moment that I looked at the clock, I initially wanted to just get off the phone because it was so early but instead asked if there was something important...

Also an added note of clarification, I did meet someone in real life at a conference by the name of Theresa, and I am praying for her, but the other person "Nancy McIver from Michigan" is NOT anyone I have ever known or met...However, since the dream, I was looking up meanings of names and this was what I found:
Nancy = favor, grace
McIver = "son of Iver" Iver/Ivar = bow-warrior/archer
Michigan Great water lake water = Holy Spirit

So if I put that all together, then I am being called by favor, grace by the son of one who hits the mark (bow-warrior/archer) who is from the Holy Spirit (great Water/Lake)...

Incidentally the word "sin" is an archery term meaning to miss the mark, so literally the bow-warrior is one without sin!!

Needless to say, I have redoubled my prayer for Theresa!

Still open to what the rest means and that dream within a dream thing...Maybe I'm slumbering in the spirit although I think I'm awake???

Last edited by Mariakitty on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix text)

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodi on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Hi, Mariakitty. I've heard that a dream within a dream is onoe way God makes sure you pay attention to that dream, as though He's framing it.

But I also noticed that you felt excited and alert in one, but groggy in the other, and it seems significant.

Jodi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:18 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top