any pain from it actually. Then I went to my dad and told him that I had done
what he told me to do

ManOfGod17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re: My Pit Dream

Post by Mariakitty on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:12 pm

Hi ManOfGod17, blessings to you!

Do you still have some internal wrestling going on about your salvation, or perhaps sin issue(s) of a binding nature?

It seems like the Lord is saying "Choose today whom you will serve".

There are so many places and times in our lives when we will be faced with this, (i.e. Will I choose to serve God or myself, will I choose to serve God or this idol, temptation, lust, money, the devil, the flesh...endless list), and at every cross roads decision we face, HOPEFULLY we turn to the CROSS and choose to serve Jesus.

It sounds like you made the right choice in the dream if, I read it correctly.

In the old testament there was Joshua, whom God raised up to lead after Moses. He asked the people:

Joshua 24:15 (New International Version)
15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."

Although salvation is a free gift to us from God, there is a cost; we have to "die to ourselves", and that my friend is another facet of this dream.

In Philippians 2:12 Paul is encouraging us to "work out our salvation with fear and trembling"

AT the moment we are saved, when we have accepted that the shed Blood of Jesus has paid for our sins, and we know that there's no other way to be reconciled to God but by faith in that Blood and the work of the cross, and accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, at that very moment we are justified, or made right with God, but for the rest of our days, we are being sanctified, or made pure/purified, and that's a process that we must choose our way through on a daily basis, (minute by minute basis some days)...Free will, CHOICE, CHOOSE TODAY WHOM YOU WILL SERVE.

1 John 1:8+9 - 8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

Take it all to Him, ManOfGod17, you are sooooo on the right path, may God empower you in your spirit man to make the right choices each and every day. God Bless you!

Mariakitty

Last edited by Mariakitty on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix text)

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Pit Dream

Post by ManOfGod17 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:26 pm

Thank You Mariakitty. Ummm Wel i would say im struggling with lust in my life and what my body wants and wat my spirit wants, thats the biggest struggle in my life and i would ask for your prayers or any1 elses to help me overcome this For greater is He that is in me that he who is in the world and its so true. So may we all come 2geva and fufill wot God wants . God Bless To all who reads this xx :)

ManOfGod17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariakitty on Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:21 pm

Yes, I will pray for you.

Do you belong to a church? Is there a ministry group where guys get together pray for each other, maybe have an accountability partner or mentor in this struggle?

Lust is a difficult thing to struggle with, but your openness and honesty about it brings it out into the light, which is an awesome step.

Besides receiving prayer and ministry, please pray about any other steps He may be leading you to take, like getting rid of things that may lead you into temptation, changing entertainment choices, games, etc...

I like what it says in James 1:14-16

He describes that temptation/sin process and how it unfolds, and where it gets us, and cautions us not to be deceived...

My version of the process:

1) Something in my flesh stirs my desire/I see something that turns this on...
Antidote - turn away from it, look elsewhere, don't take that second look, fill your eyes with the word, pray, focus on that which is good Holy, come Holy Spirit, worship...or else -

2) If I didn't choose the antidote, then I start thinking about it, this gives it form, raises the possibility in my mind, empowers it further...
Antidote - okay, more difficult at this point, but I still have the power to choose to stop the process, get out the big guns, call someone for prayer, physically get to where I cannot fall into sin, worship, praise, get into the word....or else -

3) If I didn't choose may way out of it yet, it's like I start planning how to make it happen and take steps to enable it...and usually at this point I've already chosen to come into agreement with my flesh and not God, but I can still choose....although feels nearly impossible...Seriously, the only way off at this point, go get prayer, step away from the edge!!!

4) If I blew it...Sinned, feel yucky, repent, and I'm doomed to repeat pattern unless I start to change how I respond to the first step - the enticement part...I need to ask God to let me see this sin the way He does....

I'm sure you're already taking steps like these, and I'm sorry to go on about it...I just want to encourage you, be militant about it, make no room for it - whatever the temptation is...God wants to help you gain the victory and be delivered!!!

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ManOfGod17 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:44 pm

Wel its difficult because my fam recently just went to a new church been going for over 2 months or so on but embarrassingly i aint went once, i just keep avoiding it for some reason and our previous church i was the same il go 1 week n not go for anuva 2 weekz its just all a mess i need some real order in ma lyf 4real. And about them temptation thing thank You i couldnt really talk to people bout it apart from God until You ( i guess its easier over the computer though) because yano im young and i didnt want people finkin i wernt up for bein a soljah 4 God but thats all i want, i know were in a battle and my physical actions have consequences in the spirit and i aint trying to give the devil no foothold in my. So thank You Mariakitty you gave me alot of confidence to resist the temptation now !!

ManOfGod17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariakitty on Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:31 pm

ManOfGod17,

The Lord knows your heart, He knows your struggles, and all of the obstacles. You keep pressing on.

Dear Heavenly Father,
I stand in agreement with this brother - that You will help him in his struggles, that You will bring him into fellowship where he can be fed and strengthened and supported. I ask that You empower him to stand firm against the temptations that try to entice him and entangle him. Help him to align his mind and his decisions with You. Your word says that we can approach the Throne of Grace with confidence, so that we
may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. We ask this in the name of our victorious and mighty Savior Jesus Christ, AMEN!

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ManOfGod17 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:10 pm

Amen Thank You, I like you already. :) May God bless you richly MK

ManOfGod17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:16 pm

Sponsored content