Racing Car, Cakes and Balloons

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Racing Car, Cakes and Balloons

Post by Paul RT on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:19 pm

I was driving a low slung racing car. I had my wifeís watch, wedding ring and another valuable item and was sitting in the car wanting her to come and collect them, as if I left the car it may have been stolen by someone else.

The next part involved cakes that were covered with thick layers of whipped cream, colourful hot air balloons (mainly red), and threatening Afghans riding camels with long knives. They didnít frighten me

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing Car, Cakes and Balloons

Post by Mariakitty on Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:03 am

Hi Paul,
A few thoughts...

The low slung racing car could represent a new phase of your life that is just beginning; something maybe to do with ministry or job, maybe even retirement (low-profile), or promotion, but there seems to be a change coming and it is going to be quick to accelerate in some way.

In the dream, you are very protective of time=(the watch), commitment=(the wedding ring), and something else of value that you have not specified, but is likely just as significant, (ask yourself what that item represents).

Are there any concerns of losing control over your time, commitments, (or if you take time off you might have something taken away from you), etc???

Are you having concerns that your time and family commitments are being threatened in some way?

Are you concerned about any issues to do with time, (your time being stolen from you or encroached upon, how much time, etc...)?

Then, I'd ask the same question about commitments and valuable things that you feel responsible for; any concerns about them being taken from you or losing control over them?

It's as though you're wrestling with or waiting to turning some kind of very important responsibility over to someone else; waiting on the trustworthy helpmate to arrive, could represent giving or entrusting this issue of time and family/commitments to the Lord.

The second part, (cakes, balloons, threatening Afghans)...

Cakes speak of celebration, and specifically "dessert", as in they come after the main course...There's a sweet celebration to come.

Hot Air Balloons can represent rising in the spirit, rising above something, being lifted up to a higher place, also gaining an overview or higher perspective on things.

The color red of most of the balloons can mean many things (the Blood of Jesus for one, red is a primary color, and it can mean also anger or war - and I mention this because of the next element you speak of - Afghans,whom we are literally at war with, with long knives).

Not knowing how this scene unfolds with cakes, hot-air balloons, and Afghans with long knives you mention, it's difficult to see how they all relate, but I'm getting the sense that there's a threat or warfare of some sort, "saber rattling" of the enemy coming against you, but the hope of rising above it is there, (literally in a hot air balloon you "come over" something or "over-come it" oh, and we do "over come" by the Blood of the Lamb - red - and the word of our testimony!!), and a sweet time is to come after this passes.

I keep hearing Psalm 23:4 in this for you - "Yeah, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me..."

Blessings to you Paul! Please have grace for me, I am learning how to hear God for interpretation and how to present my "thoughts" and interpretations...If it doesn't bear witness with your spirit, please disregard, and also, feedback is helpful in this learning process.

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:29 pm

Hi Mariakitty

Pretty good for a learner interpreter!

I'm currently in the process of handing over my responsibilities and training my wife who last week was appointed Church Secretary, which is the role I last occupied.

I'm also settling into a new paid job, and this has been very busy and I'm conscious of managing my time effectively.

As for the celebrations and spiritual battle, our church has been involved in spiritual warfare for some years, with a number of the congregation experiencing serious health issues.

For some months I've been waiting on the Lord for new direction in my church ministry. This could be something along the lines of Eldership, however I think the Lord is also teaching me the importance of patience and trusting in Him instead of jumping ahead as I've done in the past (like a sports car).

As I write this response I'm also listening to "You're Not Alone" by Meredith Andrews, which is a wonderful reminder that He is is by my side and cares for me.

Thanks for being the vehicle for God to encourage me

Every blessing

Paul

thumbs

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:07 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top