Brace Yourselves...I have a questions (LOL)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brace Yourselves...I have a questions (LOL)

Post by Cholette on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:35 am

I was thinking about something this morning and I wanted to get your opinions. If you have a prophetic gifting in your life or the gift of knowledge or wisdom...is that the same as having the gift of interpretation?

I am mesmerized by the interpretation from the Interpreters here and find myself saying "How in the heck did they get that interpretation and I couldn't figure it out"... lol! I have some type of gifting...not too sure if it's prophetic or the gift of knowledge/wisdom, but whenever I'm praying with someone, I always have a word for them that they say is "so accurate" that its "scary". Now I'm wondering why I have to ask for interpretations from here or refer to symbols and books and at times STILL can't figure out my dreams. Even when I post my dreams to be interpreted, I don't get any responses, which makes me ask the question whether GOD wants ME to interpret my own dreams. Now the question to myself is why don't I allow God to speak to me and give me interpretations of my own dreams.

I sort of rambled on, but my main question is - if you have a prophetic gifting or the gift of knowledge/wisdom, should you automatically have the gift of interpretation???

:huh:

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brace Yourselves...I have a questions (LOL)

Post by Sirianta on Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:38 am

Hey Colette, I think interpreting dreams is part of the prophetic. My gifts are Word of knowledge and prophetic. I'm still very new at this but enjoying every bit of this gift from God. I myself struggle with interpreting my own dreams and in the beginning I struggled with other's dreams as well, but by practice and prayer it comes naturally. I also said to God that I can sometimes interpret others dreams, but not my own. Recently I started understanding and interpreting what God is telling me in my dreams. So I believe you should just ask and it will be given to you.

Yes, I believe interp and the prophetic gift goes hand in hand. Would also love to hear what others have to say.

Blessings
S
XXX

Sirianta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:35 am

I would have to say I agree. Sometimes I am able to give a Word for someone while I am praying for them......but I usually don't get the dream interpretation. Sounds silly I know but... I like Sirianta walk in the gifting given.

God Bless,

Connie praying praying praying

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:24 pm

Thank you ladies!!!!! I appreciate it...you gave me my answer!!!!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:24 pm

Cholette,
Lets say God gave you a flute. You only know a couple notes and arent really good at playing it but you LOVE the dern thing. God gave you the gift and its yours. Not only is it pretty to look at and listen to when others who know how to play it, play it; but there is also potential for you to learn how to play the beautiful notes yourself.
God showed me that prophetic dreams and interpretations is like an instrument. It goes three ways, you can either hide the instrument away in an attic (most people), keep the flute up on a shelf and admire its beauty while allowing others to play it for you (prophetic dreamers who admire their gift but dont do much interpreting); or you can have your beautiful instrument and allow God to teach you how to play it! That way you can help others learn to play as well! Practicing by studying your dreams and others and praying and meditating on them is, in my opinion, increasing in wisdom and knowledge on the subject. Also God will use your prayer and meditation time to add to the revelation knowledege you already have!

My husband knew nothing of dream interpretation when we met. There was one dream i was having trouble with and i told him the dream. God used him to interpret my dream and he had no understanding at all about it except what God laid on his heart. God annointed him to give me the message he was trying to get across. The Holy Spirit is inside of him which means he has the potential to interpret dreams!

Sometimes i'll read a dream and God grabs a hold of me and i know without a doubt what the meaning is. So i say..."This is what God is telling you through your dream" But most of the time i give my thoughts based on what God has taught me through my dreams. I may not feel the overwhelming power of the Holy Spirit when I respond, but ultimately it's God who does the correct interpreting because Hes the one that taught me what i know. Make sense?

So, Cholette...whether you have a flute, a clarinet, an obo, or a tuba...what you need to do is practice! What helped me was getting a voice recorder and recording my dreams. As soon as i wake up, i record my dreams (sometimes in the middle of the night) and while im laying there half asleep, I ask God what the meaning of the symbol is. When i'm half asleep and relaxed, its SO much easier for me to recieve an answer because my brain's logical side is resting and things just make so much more sense.

Dreams hardly ever make sense, but they have a message. God sees the desires of your heart and you have whatever you ask for in Jesus name. Say you are holding this flute God has given you and you desire so much to know how to play it...When you ask God to teach you, can you imagine what His answer would be?
I think it would be something like "Yes my daughter, thats why i gave it to you."

I hope this helps you..
love,
Daph

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:39 pm

From the website:

http://www.miasherwood.com/biblical_foundation_interpreters.html

Is there such a thing as a dream interpreter?

Since the beginning accounts of the bible the Lord has spoken through dreams and visions. As early as Genesis we have a biblical basis for dream interpretation and throughout the bible including the New Testament the bible is filled with examples of dreamers and interpreters.

"I cannot do it," Joseph replied to Pharaoh, "but God will give Pharaoh the answer he desires."

The Holy Spirit is the dream interpreter, we are the vessels He uses to relay the interpretation. All interpretations belong to God but even as God speaks through prophets, He also gives the interpretation of dreams through those whom He has gifted to receive interpretations from Him.

The Amplified Bible calls a prophet an inspired preacher or expounder. A person who expounds in the office of prophet is one who explains or interprets a message from God. When a person explains or expounds or interprets a message from God it is prophecy.

The Lord inspires the prophet with a message or with revelation which is then relayed to the person or the people to whom the revelation is intended to benefit. The prophet receives revelation but when the prophet communicates the revelation to the recipient it is not revelation to the recipient, it is prophecy. When a person receives revelation in dream interpretation it falls under the category of prophetic revelation, and when the message is delivered to the recipient it becomes prophecy.

Therefore, dream interpreters when interpreting through divine revelation are giving a message based on divine revelation which is the definition of prophecy. So, YES! There is such a thing as a dream interpreter, they may have the title of prophet or they may not.........................................................................................................................................................

Last edited by Mia on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:40 pm

I love your word pictures, Daph.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:06 pm

LOL ty! LOVE your message! Very helpful!

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:27 pm

Here's what i was trying to say earlier:

There are two types of interpritations that can be given. (both types given by God whom all Glory belongs)

1. Understanding, Wisdom, Knowledge interpretations.
God gave to Daniel the gift of understanding. Daniel 1:17 "As for these four youths, God gave them knowledge and intelligence in every branch of literature and wisdom; Daniel even understood all kinds of visions and dreams.
In Acts, Peter would meditate and try to gain undertanding on a vision through his God given knowledge and understanding.
Acts 10:19And while Peter was earnestly revolving the vision in his mind and meditating on it, the [Holy] Spirit said to him, Behold, three men are looking for you!
In this sense, if you think of dreams as a puzzle God has you putting together and Hes handing you one piece at a time, its ok to revolve things around in your head and try to gain understanding on what God is saying. He gave you the dreams to begin with, He wants you to understand. However prayer is important and listening to the Holy Spirit while meditating is a must. God gives me all the answers i need when i ask Him the meaning of a symbol.
but dont be frusterated if you dont recieve the answer right away. God has his reasons for making us wait sometimes.
So Daniel had the understanding...
when i give my thoughts, its from the wisdom and understanding God has imparted to me from the time i've spent with Him in prayer and meditation. But sometimes i can put my own words in there and im unsure because its like seeing through a glass darkly.
2.Prophetic and annointed interpretations that are oracles from God.
joseph's interpretations were prophecy.
He clearly stated that interpretations belonged to God
Genesis 40:8"We both had dreams," they answered, "but there is no one to interpret them." Then Joseph said to them, "Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell me your dreams."
There are times i recieve a dream and the power of the Holy Spirit falls on me and since its the words of God, its called prophetic interpretation (not just understanding.)

So both Daniel and Joseph were given direct words from God. But Daniel was also given the gift of understanding.
5:17Then Daniel answered and said before the king, Let thy gifts be to thyself, and give thy rewards to another; yet I will read the writing unto the king, and make known to him the interpretation. (in other words "ill read it, and tell you what it means." Daniel had the gift of understanding dreams and visions.)

Now, do all who have dreams interpret? no.
1 Corinthians 12:29 "Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues[d]? Do all interpret? 31But eagerly desire[e] the greater gifts." EAGERLY DESIRE!!!
hope this helps some more,
Daph

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:58 pm

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat because I have definately been ministered to by the two of you. After reading your responses I realized that I'm paralyzed with fear in interpreting my dreams because "my" dreams seem so WAY OUT THERE and weird that I feel like I'm going to get the wrong interpretation and "think" I hear God and what he tells me, but it will be WRONG!!! I can give a word so quickly to someone without hesitation and God will use it to bless them, but when it comes to ME...I always second guess.

I just need to continue to pray and TRUST what God is telling me. Lately, I've been really praying about some of those "old" dreams that have resurfaced in my mind because it's time for them to manifest and certain things have come plain to me. There are certain symbols that have been revealed to me (I think), but I am unstable in my understanding because it seems such a wacky way for God to reveal something to me. I just need to stop OVER thinking everything and allow the Lord to "teach me how to play the darn flute" since I'm the one that is ignorant to how to play it in the first place.

Thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you again. Both of your responses hit me right where I can understand. I praise God for you!! You just don't understand what this has done for me!!! Now, I'm going to go pray...have a good night!!

bouncing

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:18 am

Cholette,

When Daphanie first came here I told her to stop worrying about interpreting them, some of them are meant to be understood AS they are happening or in the future.

http://www.miasherwood.com/Dream_basics_raindrops.html

Although we live in a world of drive-thru and microwave mentality, God's way of doing things is far different than our way of doing things. I am sure I won't be the first to say, God is usually not early but He is never late. As much as it aggravates us to hear it, God does not rush. How does this apply to dream interpretation, you say? Many of us, when we have a dream, one that we just know came from God we expect it to be understood immediately.

Although it would be wonderful if God showed up in our dreams and spoke to us in crystal clarity so that we had instant understanding, such is usually not the case. The bible tells us that often God chooses purposely to speak in dark sayings and riddles (Numbers 12) instead of speaking plainly and clearly.

Proverbs 25:2 says, it is the glory of God to conceal a matter and the glory of kings to seek out a matter.

The bible says: Seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you, ask and ye shall receive. I can't find one single scripture that says, Don't bother looking, it will come easy to you.

The Parables of the Hidden Treasure and the Pearl

Matt13:44"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.

45"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. 46When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.

God wants us to desire something enough to seek it out. He wants us to desire communion with Him so much that we are willing to invest ourselves in it and to want it badly enough to sell everything we have to obtain it - like the pearl of great price that it is.

Dreams are an invitation from God to stop in and hear what He would say to us and that is why they are symbolic. He doesn't necessarily want to give us a message via email or snail mail, one that we would quickly understand outside of His presence. He wants to talk to us. He wants to enjoy our presence. He loves us and wants to meet with us. Can you
imagine your earthly father wanting to talk to you but you didn't have time? Instead you wanted him to just send you an email instead of stopping at his house to hear what he had to say. Symbolic dreams cause us to stop, to get quiet and to fellowship with God, to take time out to hear from Him.

When we take the time to seek God and His presence the rain will start to all. Oftentimes I tell people who have come for dream interpretation that as we communicate God gives me the interpretation by way of raindrops. The
interpretation just drops into my spirit one drop at a time.

Not coincidentally, the Hebrew word nataph can be translated “prophet", the definition of which is to drop, drip, or distill. Revelation raindrops are the revelation that we receive in God's presence, which drops into our spirit one drop at a time.

As we ponder and meditate on a dream, when we enter God's presence the meaning will begin to come into focus, like the lens of a camera, until finally the complete picture comes into crystal clarity as God drops the revelation into our spirit one raindrop at a time. One of the main reasons for raindrops of understanding is that God is Spirit and those who come
to him must come to Him in Spirit....when we are searching out the meaning to a spiritual dream, or meditating on a dream or vision, we step out of the carnal, worldly, mentality and we step into the mentality of the spirit. When we are drawing near to God in Spirit for understanding, we are drawing near to Him.

As we meditate on a dream, our mind is turned toward Him and His messages to us. When we are focused on the message our thoughts are not sifting through a thousand other things at the same time. When we mull over the elements of the dreams and the symbols it actually places us in a position to receive a message of revelation from God that we would
not have stopped to listen and give our ear to if we did not receive the symbolic dream.

For this reason, it is very important that YOU learn to interpret your dreams and take the time to learn. God does not want to speak to you through an interpreter for the rest of your life. There may be times that an interpreter will be necessary but that is not the standard. The standard is that God gives you message dreams because He wants to talk directly to YOU. Then, when you've received revelation go to an interpreter for CONFIRMATION.

He wants us to seek Him, not only for answers to our problems but for Him and His presence. He loves us and wants to spend time with us. Sometimes, when we are seeking Him for answers it is often the only time we are spending any time seeking Him at all. This begs the question, if I spent more time with God just for God, would my communication from
Him be clearer? Perhaps if we spend more time seeking His face the rain will fall a little bit faster.

http://www.miasherwood.com/Dream_101_learn.html

This goes on to give you even more comfort if you don't understand your dreams right now.

Love,
mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Delaine on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:35 am

Wow!

Thank you so much, Mia, for your wisdom. Cholette, thank you for asking the right questions!!!

Delaine thumbs

Delaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:51 am

WOW Mia...Just when I thought things could not get any clearer after the responses you and Daph gave. I'm humbled at this moment and I am realizing that there is a call for me to move a little higher in God and He's using the dreams to get me there.

I had another dream last night after going to bed with your responses on my heart. As soon as I woke up this morning all I could say to God was "I will trust YOU for the interpretation because I know YOU want to give it to me".

I have printed out this thread for my own spiritual enrichment and edification. You ladies are awesome...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huggins

PS. That scripture in Matthew about the pearl caused me to gasp. I haven't read that in years!! I must go back to it to see the nuggets the Lord wants to share with me. flower

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:37 am

WOW Cholette Thats great! So glad it helped you! you are a blessing to this group!
love,
Daph

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:30 pm

I agree! You are a blessing Cholette and we are extremely glad that you've become part of the family!

Delaine, Thanks, sister! I thank God for the wisdom but I REALLY appreicate the encouragment!!

Love,

Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:31 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top