Engagement Party

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Engagement Party

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:04 am

Hello everyone! I would love any input you have on this dream, as I'm looking for some confirmations. Just an FYI...I am married IRL, so when I see that I'm engaged or married in a dream, it is usually symbolic of a spiritual union, espcially when my IRL husband does not appear in the dream as he does not in this one. Thanks ahead of time!

Dream 08-01-09

I was at my current house IRL preparing to host an engagement party. I believe it was for my engagement. At the same time I was hosting the party, I was also preparing for the party. There were already guests at my house as I was in the kitchen preparing the food. One of my best friends, Cathy, was there with me in the house helping me set-up. The party seemed to be attended by old friends. I was very busy trying to prepare and host at the same time. I left the kitchen and went into the dining room to set up the tables for a feast. The dining room was my parents' old dining room in the house where I grew up, yet the rest of the house was my current house IRL. Although the dining room looked like the one in our old house, the table was my current table -- except there were two of them side by side, and they were both much longer than IRL, and the place settings, place mats, and silver were all my current ones IRL. When I walked into the dining room, I realized that my friend, Cathy, had already come in and set the tables up for me. They were beautiful with red shiny place mats, my china, the silver and beautiful candle holders with white candles. Immediately I noticed something, though, that I wanted to change. She has placed all of the silverware above the place settings in the middle of the table. But, I wanted traditional place settings (you know where you work from the outside in) and so I reset the place settings myself. Also, I wanted to put my red table cloth on. So I removed everything from the table, and put it on. This is when I noticed that I had not yet dusted the table, or the matching buffet which is in my living room both IRL, and in the dream. So I paused to go and take care of that, although there were already guests in the living room when I went to dust the buffet. I felt a little overwhelmed. There was so much to do. And although it was all turning out beautiful I felt like there was still much to be done both in preparation and in hosting. I also noticed that two of the candle holders on the table were missing candles. So, I found some and put them in. The table turned out beautiful and I couldn't have been more pleased. They were formal and elegant and rich with color -- fit for a king!

Next scene -- I had been talking to the groom-to-be on the phone regularly. When he was talking to me alone and there was no one else around he was sweet, kind, tender, and loving. However, when other people were around he was very formal with me. He wasn't mean -- he was nice -- just formal.

Next scene -- The groom and I kept playing jokes on each other up until the wedding day. For example, some girlfriends and I rigged the windshield in his car with an obstruction that when removed, would cause the windshield to bust into a thousand pieces. I would do this to him, and then he would do something to get me back. It was all in fun! We were having great time. This continued until the wedding day. End of dream.

Back to top Go down

Re: Engagement Party

Post by Christa on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:48 pm

Something came to mind as I read about the table setting part. Please disregard if this doesn't bear witness to your spirit. I'm wondering if Cathy is trying (unsuccessfully) to have a little bit of control over you in the friendship. It seems in the dream that she's deciding stuff for you and not asking your permission, just assuming. If you hadn't taken the reigns back, took off her tablecloth to put on your own, you would've missed how dirty it was. She must've noticed it, but covered it up instead of cleaning it up. Does she (if she represents herself), for a lack of better words, sweep the dust under the rug or push all of her clutter under the bed (metaphorically)? Maybe she or another "best friend" of yours doesn't like to deal with issues and covers them up with prettiness instead (been there done that...not judging here lol)?

I'm sorry, I don't have an interpretation for the next two scenes of your dream, but I hope the first helped in some way.

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:29 am

Hi Christa! I think you may be on to something. While I don't believe it is my friend Cathy that sweeps things under the rug and doesn't deal with them, I am dealing with a situation and a person who is like that right now. Very good insight! Thank you!

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by usemeLord on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:43 am

It seems like it's the same message just in a different manner in all 3 scenes. You know the parables that Jesus is famous for. flower

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:52 am

UsemeLord, could you expound on that? Sometimes it's hard to see something when it's your own dream. I find it easier sometimes to interpret for others and look into their dreams than my own, although I do believe God has given me insight on the last scene specifically. But I always recognize the interpretation when I see it. How do you think the 3 scenes go together? Thanks!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Christa on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:09 am

No problem Sandra....it's funny, but I was thinking about how people must've spoke back in the days of the Bible and they probably used parables a lot, like Jesus did, to get their points across. I don't see them using elaborate words, like today, to make a point.....but stories instead. I'm interested in what usemelord is going to say about that. God bless you!

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:27 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top