shopping at Jcpenneys

View previous topic View next topic Go down

shopping at Jcpenneys

Post by Jen on Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:30 am

I'm pretty sure of the general meaning of this one, but I need help with the details.

I was shopping at Jcpenneys and telling the checkout girl that I thought it would be fun to work there. We were in the womens dress area. I also told her I was planning on seeing a movie at 2 oclock. The manager walked up and offered me a job. He seemed like a very demanding boss but reassured me I could do the job. He needed me to work from 9-6. I said ok but remembered I'd needed to find someone to watch my kids after they got off from school. I was trying to figure out who and finally just said I'd work that out later. The manager hands me a draw check in the amount of $241.00. The deal seemed like it was a go but all of a sudden my daughters principal walked up with a few others and handed me papers with a fine and court appearance saying that I could not work there because I was skipping school. In the dream I felt as if I had done nothing wrong but she convinced me otherwise and the job seemed to fall through.

Translation: it says to me that I will be interested in a particular denomination of church and that a leader will extend the opportunity for me to join that church. (not sure about womens dresses, the 2 oclock movie or the 9-6 hours) Seems like I will want to join but will have to remember my current obligations or responsibilities (maybe my core beliefs??) The check totals the number of perfection and the check itself is symbolic for belief in God. Is the leader offering me perfect belief in God? The dream also seems to say another church leader will tell me I am wrong for joining and try to discourage me. In reality I know that I am right becuase I am an adult and cannot be accused of skipping school! lol

Anyone see anything else? Lately I have been talking to my husband about trying another denomination, but in the dream the leader of this new church didn't seem completely pure.. so I am just not sure if God would want me to join this church. Maybe the dream is all about the second church being wrong to condemn my decisions. Not sure. Anybody got anything??

Jen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shopping at Jcpenneys

Post by RnestseekR on Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:33 pm

Has God released you from your current church? JCP represents something "fun". The school represents something structured, but also something where your kids are rooted and where you have an obligation. The JCP church might be great for you - variety (women's clothes, hours of service that you like (working 9-6) and activities that appeal to you (movies, but will it nurture your kids? Might you be distracted by a paycheck (to me it represents that payoff you will get by switching churches) and forget to look closely at the youth and children's ministries?
I confess I see this dream through my own filter. I have been guilty of leaving 2 churches in the past when God had not released me from them. In one, I even left a "mother" church to help start a "daughter" church, but in hindsight, did not ever truly have God's release to do so.
I am now in a church I love - although I KNOW I was lead to this church in a new city that I would have NEVER moved to. I also know that god is stirring up some new gifts in me - more charismatic gifts. The church I am in now is not a church to embrace these kinds of gifts. They do not deny them, either. So, when god first started to stir up these new gifts last December, I questioned how that would jive with the church I am in currently. I am still working through this, but the answer I have most recently received it to NEVER forget that ministry happens everywhere - not just at church!
Please pray about changing churches and take the time to wait patiently at the Savior's feet for your clear and sure answer. Please let us all know how you are led through this time of decision and what the final outcome is!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:35 pm

Sorry - I intended God to be capitalized in my previous posting! All honor and reference to Him!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:41 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top