Broken Bicycle Dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Broken Bicycle Dream

Post by Mariakitty on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:12 pm

Hi All,
I'm new here. What a great forum and so many interesting dreams and awesome interpretations and responses! I hope someone can help me with this dream, it has just hung on me all day and won't quit!! Thanks in advance!!

It was kind of dusky out, (late
afternoon or early evening), and I was riding along this dirt road on my blue
mountain bike and noticed that something was wrong. The pedals seemed to be
getting stuck at about halfway around their rotation, and binding. (I felt
mildly nervous with the small thought at the back of my mind that this was
mountain lion country; not a good place to have bike trouble)…

I told Tim, (my husband ), that
something was wrong, but he said, “No, it’s fine, just pedal harder maybe”. (Tim
had been riding behind me at first, going up a slight rise/hill, then passed me
and was in front of me when he responded to my statement about my bike)…

I finally got off the bike to take
a look at what was going on for myself, and noticed that the axle of the rear
wheel had come unbolted, and was loose and off kilter between the two sides of
the frame, and that was what was causing this binding.

I realized that this was quite
dangerous, because if the wheel had come completely loose and free from the
frame while I was riding along or going downhill, I would have surely fallen
and been severely injured.

I was relieved that I figured out
what was wrong, annoyed with Tim for not telling me the truth or caring to look
into the matter, and I was at peace that I got off the bike before disaster
befell me. (I felt less threatened by the prospect of being in mountain lion
country with a broken bike, than by riding the bike in that condition)…

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Broken Bicycle Dream

Post by Christa on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:35 pm

Hi there! Glad you found us here! You know, I think Jesus would feel better with you "being in mountain lion country with a broken bike, than by riding the bike in that condition" as well. Jesus can always do something with our surroundings, but we have the free will to either continue riding with a busted vessel or to stop and examine the busted vessel. And Jesus wants you to go through as little pain as possible in this world.

This is my opinion of your dream. Please disregard it if it doesn't bear witness to your spirit: I think you might be attempting to get over a spiritual or maybe physical mountain in your life. You have the right equipment to do it ("mountain" bike to get over the "mountain"), but the terrain is a little rough and hilly and the equipment is faulty right now.

Your husband may be able to climb this mountain with ease, but you have something stopping you that you need to take care of or get taken care of. It's better to stop and fix your problem (or recognize the problem) and get over that mountain slowly than to run your bike into the ground and risk more serious injury. Maybe the out of joint axel represents something out of joint with you at the present moment. If I would compare a rear axel to any part of the body, I would say it would be the pelvis, the ball and socket joint where the leg meets the pelvis, or the sciatic nerve that goes in through the pelvis but causes a serious limp if inflamed. Anything that intertwines with the pelvis...even the lower vertebrae that can get out of alignment and cause severe pain throughout the pelvis and legs as well as decrease movement. If it's not a physical thing, maybe it's another type of obstacle that's prominent in keeping you from progressing up over that mountain, something that's keeping the wheels from turning....a stagnation of some sort.

I hope this helps. God bless you!

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re:Broken Bicycle Interpretation

Post by Mariakitty on Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:03 am

Hi Christa!

I know that you're right on the money with the physical part of the interpretation, (the second part)!!! This part bears witness with my spirit for sure!

I have been having low back pain for the past two years and just "kept on going" until I finally just had to find out what was going on because the pain wasn't ever abating. My MRI shows that I have several bulging discs in the lumbar spine, plus Facet Joint Syndrome (Osteoarthritis of the Facet joints in the vertebrae), as well as spondylothesis at one level (one vertebrae has slipped over the one beneath it)!!!! ALL "rear wheel" or power base kinds of stuff! I have been wanting to ignore it and keep motoring on because I don't want my life to be ruled by or dictated to by pain and allow myself to become debilitated.

The drs wondered if I had ever been in a bad accident, or constantly lifted extremely heavy objects. No to both speculations physically, but emotionally I have always carried much heavier burdens than I should have, and in relationships I have always carried the weight, so to speak. I have felt the Lord wanting to heal me in this area over the years, yet there are these deeply engrained patterns of "toxic care-taking" that still manage to sneak in there...Physically, I have been a gymnast, a runner, hiker, have now had to modify my activities a little, but I am also a massage therapist, so that is a BIG care taker roll, but it's also my income...So, if that's something the Lord wants me to lay down, I will, but I need some guidance and direction as to what kind of career path to follow instead. I trust him.

Thanks for your help. I am feeling that there's something more to it as well, like to do with my husband's role in it, that I am not quite getting yet. He's not a care taker at all, not trustworthy, makes choices that put me in harms way at times, and is not seeking the Lord at all. He is good to me in many ways, but I live my life hidden because his words and behavior humiliate me with others, yet he behaves like there's nothing wrong...Oh, that's kind of like the dream...hmmm sometimes things make more sense in the retelling I guess.

Mariakitty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:52 pm

When I was reading that last part of your post, I thought, isn't that what the dream is saying.
Sounds like your on the right track

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top