A flying bug...maybe?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A flying bug...maybe?

Post by sunshine2 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:39 am

I was in my house that I live in now and there was what appeared to be a large bug flying over our head. My husband myself were there. My husband tried to kill it by swatting at it, but that just sent it over my way. I was freaked out by this big bug and when it got close to me I would swat it away but it would come back. It came closer to me and I realized it was not a bug, it was a flying tool of some kind but the thing that was causing it to fly was actually a very harmful blade that could do some serious injury to someone. I grabbed the tool in midair and pushed a button to turn it off. I held it up to show my husband that it wasn't a bug after all, it was a tool.

I think it may be helpful to add that I was in the laundry room and my husband was in the hall.

Thanks for any help you can give!! flower

Last edited by sunshine2 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : color change)

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A flying bug...maybe?

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:57 am

Hello Sunshine2!

First of all, when I saw that the bug was flying around/towards you, I thought "is something bugging you" so to speak (even a literal bug)? But then, as the object gets closer, you realize its a "tool" (which to me means that it can be used to help you do something) so this could be symbolic. Yes, the blade "could be harmful" but you can use it. I look at that as something that was "meant for evil turned out in your favor" (Romans 8:28). Even though the bug scared you at first, in the end you took "initiative"/action and took care of the situation without hesitation? Since the bug was around both you and your husband could this be concerning the marriage?

please pray on what I've said as these are my thoughts
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:11 pm

Hello Sunshine! I agree with Desiree, but want to add something to this. When you mentioned the "blade" this scripture came up: Hebrews 4:12, "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." The thing that comes up in my heart about it is that the Word of God is our tool, our weapon of warfare. However, it is a doubled-edged sword. In other words, it has two sides to it. If you're on the side of "agreeing" with God's Word, then it works for you -- on your behalf. But, if you are in disagreement with it, then it can cut you -- which is the other side of the sword, because that same word that is meant to help you, then becomes your judge! In this particular thing though, which I agree could be your marriage because it involved both you and your husband, you have recognized and agreed with what God has to say about it, and now you are seeing it as a "tool" rather than something potentially damaging and harmful to you. This agrees again with what Desiree said about turning it around for the good!

Also, you being in the laundry room -- that's a place of "washing" and "cleansing" so I see that element here as well, while your husband is already "transitioning" as he is in the hallway!

Just thoughts...so again, prayer is a good thing! flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:49 pm

I've been thinking about this, and I have some more thoughts...

In the beginning this thing was "bugging" your husband, but he shooed it away. That took him to a transitional place. Then it came to "bug" you. You had to shoo it away more than once -- I believe that's why you're in the laundry room, which is a place of cleansing the things you wear or put on. I believe the thing that was "bugging" you guys could be words in the form of thoughts from the enemy. The Word of God is sharper than ANY two-edged sword, so there are other doubled edged swords. I believe all words are a double-edged sword. They have the ability to bless or curse (that these the two sides -- blessing and cursing). Because you guys shooed away these words/thoughts sent to harm by the enemy, instead you have turned this situation around and it is now a stepping stone for God to use as a "tool" in your lives instead. In fact, you literally shut this thing down! So rather than what the enemy had planned, which was destruction, you have the plan of God, which brings blessing and prosperity.

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:54 pm

Thanks for your input Sandra and Desiree! This is a lot of good info and I am thinking on what this bug could be. The fact that I was in the laundry room could speak of intercession too because it's not just a place to wash "my" things, but the clothes of the whole family. Brian being in the hall is true to the place we're in right now as a family and in our marriage. It's a transitional place.

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top