Ladders in an oak tree

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ladders in an oak tree

Post by bottlecap on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:11 pm

Had this dream some time ago, but it still comes to mind from time to time and I see it like I lived it yesterday and it still bothers me:

My youngest daughter and I walked into this large church. The pastor told the people if they wanted to learn more about God to go through the back doors and into the yard behind the church. Only a small amount of us went through. I was shocked that so many had left for home after being given this opportunity. In the back yard was a huge ancient oak tree with 2 different types of ladders hanging from one of the branches. One ladder was a normal looking wooden ladder, solidly built. The other was made like the ladders made from material that you would see over the side of a large naval ships with small loops instead of rungs.

The pastor told us that in order to see God we had to go up one of the ladders and ring the bell that was up top. Our reward for doing so would be to visit God. He then pointed to a large white comfy chair which was facing the opposite direction so that I couldn't see who was sitting in it. I thought it a little ridiculous but my oldest sister was suddenly there and she had begun to climb the sturdy ladder. I didn't want to be left behind, so I started up the harder-to-climb ladder. I was half-way up when my feet began to tangle in the loops. A man in a gray sweatsuit appeared at the bottom of the ladder and he told me that I wasn't to go up there but I was to jump into his arms. When I looked down I noticed that I was pregnant. I didn't want to jump since I'm afraid of heights but he held out his arms and I was very confident that he would catch me. I jumped.

When I landed in his arms I was suddenly in a room that resembled the front of a movie theatre where you pay for your tickets. There was a man behind the glass and he was reaching through a hole in the glass to lay hands on people and prophesy. It was my turn and he laid his hands on my breasts. I looked down and they had turned from breasts of a young pregnant woman to breasts of an 80 year old. He told me that my milk had dried up. He then moved his hands down to my belly and told me that my child was incomplete, that he had a wooden leg. I saw my child in my womb and saw that he did indeed have a wooden leg. I became angry at the prophet and told him that Jesus can heal anything, but he told me it was too late. I pushed away from him and asked him why. He pointed to the next glass. There was a beautiful woman sitting behind it filing her fingernails. She smiled at me and when she did I saw into the past where she had poisoned my food at one time.

I became angrier and went after my daughter where I had left her. I pulled her behind me and went back through the back doors of the church. The room was full of women sewing. I saw a woman who I knew and loved from childhood and started to walk over to her. It was good to see her. As I was walking over to her I noticed some beautiful material laying on the floor about to ripped apart by a folding chair where a young teenager was sitting. The teenager ripped the material with the leg of her chair and looked up at me. I knew that she did it on purpose and then I recognized her. It was a younger version of the beautiful woman who'd poisoned my baby. She began to point at me and ranted that I had torn the material. The old friend I loved believed her and the women became a mob towards me. My daughter and I ran back through the church to escape from them.

I have prayed on this and sought much wisdom from older Christians to no avail. Any insight would be appreciated.

bottlecap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ladders in an oak tree

Post by Mark Saint Gunn on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:17 pm

I wish I had some advice for you on this one. But, remember to follow God first and foremost. In the dream you relied on prophets more than God, right? Well, follow God. You know inherently that God can heal such things.

Mark Saint Gunn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bottlecap on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:06 pm

Thanks, Mark......

bottlecap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re-Ladders in Oak Tree

Post by 2livisChrist on Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:02 am

Dear bottlecap,
I felt drawn to your dream and took it to the Holy Spirit and the guidance of a small book on Christian dreams...this is how I feel the Holy Spirit put it together for me to share with you but you continue to pray about it.
1.First, oak trees are seen as strong,maturing and providing shelter.
2.Baby: New- beginnings, new idea, new work (church); dependant, helpless, innocent;
sin;
a. As newborn babes, desire sincere milk of the word, that you may grow there...1 Peter 2:2 (your milk was shown as drying up; stagnating in a place that is not feeding you).
b. Behold, I will make a new thing; I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the dessert. Isiah 43:19 (the dessert is likened to being in the land of Egypt and we know we don't want to linger there but to get out and be back under God's protection).
c. But every man is tempted...when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin; and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death....James 1:14-15 ( I felt like the Holy Spirit was saying there is a lot of sin in this people and church and He has plucked you from among them to mature in Him).
3.Ladders- your sister appears to be climbing ahead of you and you seeking to keep up. But acturally you are chooseing the harder spiritural route. You took the ladder harder to clime (the road least taken)and you are maturing. Ladder represents ascend and descend, enable; way of escape; struggle if hard to climb; steps upward (as in the necessary steps, for promotion). You are ascending and there is always struggle as we come closer to God...even to the point of satan trying to pull us back down....thus the man in the gray sweater (sweaters or vests on men always make them look trustworthy and fatherly),but this one was not fatherly...he was the evil one trying to pull you back from reaching your visions and dreams in the Lord.
a. Ladder with rope or loops: you said it made you think of a ladder from a ship...the "church" is like a ship and in this case the ship/church represents spiritual warefare but there is rescue...
a. your feet tangled in the ladder: feet represent the Heart and our Walk; when kicking they represent rebellion: (Heb. 12:13-15) It is ok for you to fight against being pulled away from God...you should be fighting your way out from under the oppression of this church and people.
4. back to the pregnacy and seeing yourself as old and drying up (like in a movie or picture)...this is the drying up of your desire to keep moving up (they have pulled the life right out of you!), to keep maturing and growing in the Lord...But you refuse that view and move on seeking more answers(remember we grow as strong Oaks and eyes looking upward to God)...the next window at the theatre...I believe this smiling woman who was doing her nails is a worldly view of the people in that church...looking at themselves and their own beauty as opposed to looking up and growing more Christ like every day.* Your impression of old and/or antique, represents memories of the past....see last statement after reading rest of comments, please.
5. you are a protective mother. You put your child behind your back to shield your child from the evil around you both.
6. expecting a friendly attitude from the older women but instead receiving rejection(it is because you are seen as one seeking answers and change, growth and maturity; where as they stagnate...sewing: new things being sewed and yet the fabric it was being ripped apart 'instantly' represents the truth of sinful and lost soutls reaching to pull you down with them.
Final word: I believe this church and the people are not growing spiritually but you are. You "SEE" this and are trying to move upward (climbing the sturdy Oak tree towards maturity in Christ Jesus...reaching for our heavenly Father).
If you have not already left this church then I would pray about doing so. Especially if you find you have not been growing lately but feeling pulled backwards (falling back to satan and/or pre-attituded). I feel this place is full of false prophets and false teachings and probably a renagade preacher. He sent you, and anyone else who would go, out to make your own way and he did not care if you fell or not;
than likely there is much worldlyness in these people and self centeredness...Titus 2 tells us to be in the world but not of it.
You have been blessed to see the truth and get as far away as you can. Pray for all of the people to be moved towards God themselves. But move yourself and daughter out and fine a church with a pastor on fireand ready to teach God's Word and teach it with truth and ready to take responsibility to mature those intrusted to his leadership.

I hope this will fit with what you are praying over about this dream...please let me know how you receive it.
Praying for God to bless you and every thought you have to come from him. Pat

2livisChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

great timing, Pat

Post by bottlecap on Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:42 am

Pat...

This dream actually occured sometime in 2005; but it hung about me like a wet blanket. I would pray and pray and never received an answer. Well, actually i did, I just didn't realize it until now. At the time of this dream my husband and I had been involved in a ministry that was growing by leaps and bounds. People would wait a year or more to get into one of these "weekends". There was healing that would happen in them, but as I watched I began to see that it was purely emotional responses and not anything else.

A few months after this dream I was asked to be an intercessor for one of these weekends and against my gut feeling, I agreed. Just before the weekend, Katrina hit and wiped out our retreat center and it was semi-dismantled for a time (and still is to a large degree). The Lord told us to put our house on the market and move. We now live in a different state. Last year we did try to do another weekend up here, but it failed miserably and we realized that the ministry had left its first love. I had no idea at the time all this was happening that God was saving my neck. I was clueless.

Thanks for taking the time to help a "sister". My heart-felt gratitude,

K

bottlecap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re-Great Timing (Ladders dream>>>)

Post by 2livisChrist on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Dear bottlecap (K),
Thank you for letting me know how my response to your dream fit. It is always good to know either way, but better when it helps someone with answers.
Thank you for explaining about trying to serve these people once more, and how it failed, again.
Father God showed me that some people just have to be left to him. No matter what we do or how hard we pray for them they just don't get it. These types pull the good Christian backwards. When I keep hitting a wall with someone like that God always reminds me to just put them into his hands and let go and no looking back.
God has his hand at your back and is leading you, listen to him. When I was trying to go through your dream and I saw the part of the pastor, then a open door to the events with people outside and your effort to climb the hardest ladder to maturity...well I saw or felt a drowning feeling ...the pastor looking lost (he cared but could do nothing). He was and is, not the cause of the demise of these people. Both of you were doing what was right. It was the people themselves and their lack of desire to walk with the Lord.
God says, don't ever linger in Egypt. You both have battles to be won and people to reach for God.
God bless you both for living a life to reach others with the good news of salvation.
Always remember that God tells you the turth. He is not a god of confusion. If confused, always go back to the point of where confussion began.
Thank you, Pat

2livisChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top