Didn't want to eat the food.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Didn't want to eat the food.

Post by  on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:51 am

Dreamt i was in a room with a lot of people, they were cooking a large pot of food (one that i did not particularly like), after they finished cooking everyone went to serve themselves,i reluctantly did the same, but when i put the food in my mouth it tasted like something entirely different, something i loved.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Didn't want to eat the food.

Post by dreamster on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:18 pm

Scratch Chin hmm sounds like god at work again,,giveing u somethang that seems unpalatable,,but wen u taste it ,its not wat u expected,,maybe theres some teaching thats comin in ur church that u think u wont like but wen u open ur mouth an receive it ,,it transforms in2 somethang tasty,,''oh taste an see that tha lord is good'' flower D

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by  on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:21 pm

Dreamster i've tasted and the Lord is fabulous..........................

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:26 pm

Hello Temi! Is there something that you have recently been served, spiritually speaking (something from the Word of God perhaps) that you have been dreading because you feel that it will somehow be a negative experience? If so, be encouraged, God is showing you that you will like it and find it to be a blessing. It is not what you think!

Another thing that comes to mind is that sometimes we know we should eat spiritually, but we are not "hungry" to eat. (Meaning time in the Word.) That's when we have to discipline ourselves to do what we should do, not necessarily what we "want" to do. The scripture itself instructs us to "desire the sincere milk of the Word that you may grow thereby." (1 Peter 2:2, "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:") In other words, if you don't spend time eating the Word of God, you will never grow up spiritually. In this context it seems like although you may not "desire" the food, you are still eating because you are disciplined enough to do what you should do, and because of that you will find it enjoyable and beneficial. :clap:

This is even true in the natural realm with natural food. Sometimes we don't want to eat (natural food) because we're not hungry. But we know we need to eat to keep up our strength, and when we force outselves to eat that's when our physical appetite gets going and we become hungry and enjoys our meal. That's what I think of when I read your dream.

Does any of this bear witness to your heart?

Love in Jesus,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by  on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:33 pm

you hit the nail on the head with ths studying of the word thing, i need to read more of it, am not feeding on it enough.

As for the new thing i've been served, its this faith thingy, at first i was scared to hang over the thing closest to my heart to God and just trust him like Mark 11:23-24 says, but i have and i feel the Lord is closer to me than ever before.

I made God to small, i used to defend why He couldn't come through for me, i've stopped that and He grows bigger every second.

Guess i should stop typing now.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:42 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top