Restaraunt and Flying Dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Restaraunt and Flying Dream

Post by Naphtali on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:37 am

I was wondering if anyone can help me interpret this dream?

I was in restaurant having dinner and I remember the senior pastor on
our leadership team was there and we had eaten dinner together. I asked
the waitress to give me the bill and I went to go pay with my ATM card
but it wouldn’t work even though I had money in the account. I tried my
credit card and that wouldn’t work wither. A line was forming behind me
and I felt embarrassed. The kitchen door opened and I saw a beautiful 3
tiered cake and a large vase of beautiful flowers that I had ordered
waiting on the silver counter for them to bring out to me. I had her
try the ATM card again and it worked. The whole time the senior pastor was waiting on
my left because I was paying and the long line was in back of me
waiting for me to finish so they could go next.

In the next
scene I am flying and when I would fly lower the bushes and thorns
would scratch my arms but then I would fly upward again. While I was
trying to get higher goats started attacking me they were jumping up
and biting me on the legs and feet. It was hurting and annoying because
I was trying to fly away from them and trying to fight them off by
kicking them with my legs Eventually I flew away and was able to get
above them.

Thank you so much!

Last edited by Naphtali on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changing title)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Restaraunt and Flying Dream

Post by lola21st on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:44 am

I think the theme of both of these dreams is about preserving in your faith, working out your salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 1:12-13), pressing on despite challenges to your faith.

In the first scene you are being spiritually fed and enjoying fellowship with your Pastor (which could be literal but often seeing pastors in our dreams can symbolize God). At first you can't pay the bill but once you see what lies ahead, i.e., your order (the cake and the flowers which to me symbolize the sweet and fragrant blessings that are ahead), the ATM card gets authorized. When I read this Matthew 6:33 came to mind - But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

The second scene depicts the struggle that we often encounter in our struggle to move higher in the things of the Spirit - people/things in the world that try to keep us down/discouraged, they act as obstacles in our faith walk. The instruction to handle this challenge is stated in Colossians 3:2 - 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. In the dream, you've heeded this, you come against those things that would try to hold you back and you are successfuly able to fly away. Hallelujah! This is an encouraging dream! thumbs

Philippians 3:7 - 14
7But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.

12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Please pray on what's been said.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top