Missed Flight & Not Enough Money

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missed Flight & Not Enough Money

Post by SheBelieves on Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:59 am

I had this panicky dream last night:

I was just finishing a short vacation with my husband. We went to the airport to fly home. We had first class tickets that had been gifted to us. For some reason, I realized I could not leave until the next day (not quite sure why - something about not wanting the babies to fly home alone???). So I stayed and hubby took the scheduled flight.

After he took off, I realized I only had about $100 cash on me and no credit cards. I went to the counter to tell them I need to change my ticket to the next day. Instead of the normal $100 "change ticket" fee, they told me it was going to be $750.50 and I would be in coach instead of first class. I argued that it didn't make any sense to pay such a high fee, etc., even asking for the manager. It did no good. They said I had to have $750.50 to fly home.

When I left the airport, I realized we had turned in the rental car; how was I going to get someplace to sleep? The cabs wanted $20+ to get back to the city. I was scared and crying my eyes out.

We passed a group of my parents' old friends (why they were there I do not know). They were sitting in a park. They heard my story and took a collection for me. My hopes soared - until I saw what these wealthy in real life people gave me. One gave me $1.39, another gave me a gift certificate for 1 hour of home construction, another gave me tickets to a ballet recital, another gave me a few $20 bills. None gave me what I needed.

All of a sudden, my dad shows up in the cab (not sure where he was going or why he was there). He said "Well, I can probably give you the $750.50." But, he didn't give it to me.

My alarm clock went off before I finished the dream.

SheBelieves

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Missed Flight & Not Enough Money

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:58 am

Hello SheBelieves! First of all, I would like to start with the end of the dream. Your dad had the ability to pay your way home, but didn't give it to you. How is your relationship with your dad in real life? Normally, my dad symbolizes the Father. One of two things is going on here. Either (1) this is not God the Father being shown, but perhaps your real dad and maybe you don't view him positively -- which means he could be a completely different symbol. OR (2) This is God the Father, and maybe you do not feel confident that He will bail you out when you have made a mistake. Do you feel that when you make mistakes you have to "pay the consequences"? God has promised in His Word that when we ask Him for bread, He will not give us a stone. ( He has promised in His Word that when we ask, we receive. When we seek, we find Him, and when we knock, the door is opened unto us. He has promised us that if our earthly fathers can give us good gifts, how much more our Heavenly Father. (Matthew 7:7-11, "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. 9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? 10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?")

In this dream, you had a first class ticket given to you as a gift, but didn't use it for whatever reason, although your husband did. Is there anything in life right now where you feel like you may have missed God? There seems to be a lot of disappointment and frustration in this dream -- trying to get home and not being able to and not being able to pay the price that it takes to get there. Obviously, there is nothing that could ever happen to us (or that we could do) that is outside of the realm of God's ability to see us through to victory. He said that we are more than conquerors. (Romans 8:37, "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.") He said that He would always cause us to triumph in Christ Jesus. (2 Corinthians 2:14, "Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.") Even when we make mitakes and ask for forgiveness He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.") He has promised to make our crooked places straight. (Isaiah 40:4, "Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:") So, if somewhere in life you feel you have made a wrong turn, be encouraged! God specializes in things thought impossible, and He will do for you what no other power can do. If you ask, YOU WILL RECEIVE that your joy may be made full. (John 16:24, "Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.") Please pray on what I've said.

Blessings,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top