my hubby's dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

my hubby's dream

Post by Beloved on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:22 am

My hubby woke me up screaming this am....I woke him up and asked what his dream was:

He was near a swamp.....and a lion was stalking him.....but an elephant was chasing it off, like it was protecting him....the lion left....and eventually the elephant did.....and he started to continue on his journey....and the lion charged him (it had apparently been hiding, waiting for the elephant to leave) and had just grabbed him by his right hand when I woke him up screaming...

I appreciate any input...I think I have a fairly good idea what it's about, but am interested to see what others see....

Beloved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: my hubby's dream

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:01 am

Well...scripture says that satan roams about "as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour." (1 Peter 5:8) He sures seems to be doing this in your husband's dream. An elephant to me is a large, powerful animal! Probably the largest, most powerful animal I can think of. I believe this elephant symbolizes God in this dream, and the power of His protection over your husband. I believe God is reminding your husband that as long as He stays "under the shadow of the Almighty" (Psalm 91:1-4, "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.), that he is protected from the clutches of the enemy and the enemy cannot hurt him as he goes through his journey in life. However, if he steps out of that place of protection, then the enemy is ready and waiting to pounce on him. He would have to "step out" for Scripture says that God will never leave us or forsake us. In the dream, your husbands' journey to me represents the journey of life. It's interesting that the lion grabbed your husbands' right hand. The right hand in scripture usually is referring to strength. The joy of the Lord is our strength according to scripture, and scripture plainly says that joy comes from being in the presence of the Lord. (Nehemiah 8:10 and Psalm 16:11 respectively). Again, this to me is an indication of where your husband is to remain -- under the shadow of the almighty -- in the presence of the Lord! Since your husband is the head of the family it is no wonder that God is revealing this to him, for as the head goes, so goes the family!

Blessings,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Beloved on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:37 am

Thanks Sandra!

I appreciate your input...it is very similar to what I am getting....except that the elephant left him....he called a little while ago to tell me that he had forgotten to tell me that he had been talking to the elephant, but can't remember what was discussed...just that he was surprised that he could talk to an animal....

I am still praying for clearer interpretation, but am not getting the elephant as God so far....mainly because the Lord will "never leave [him] nor forsake [him]....and this elephant clearly walked away...

I do see this as a warning to my hubby from the Lord....please let me know if the Lord gives you anything else....

Thanks again!

Beloved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top